mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
A Statement on Osiris

This afternoon and early evening, a situation was unfolding in Osiris. A great deal of World Assembly nations began to move in to the region and endorse Neo Kervoskia.

Following that, the NPA received an official request from the Council of Ma'at to move into the region and endorse Mad Jack. We quickly complied with this request. As update drew closer, Biyah suggested that it would be prudent to instead push Neo Kervoskia into the Delegacy, to ban the invaders.

The cabinet of Osiris quickly agreed to his advice, and the Council of Ma'at also accepted the advice. It was then requested that Osiran citizens and the UDL switch their endorsements to Neo Kervoskia.

Upon taking the Delegacy, it became clear that Osiris had fallen to The Empire. The Empire then promptly banned Pharaoh Mad Jack and Kai Repat Quadrimmina from the region.

Regardless of how the Delegacy was taken legally and with the consent of the cabinet and council, this is indeed a coup of the legitimate government of our ally.

The events that will follow in Osiris will be difficult. The North Pacific as it's treatied ally must remain united and committed in restoring the elected government to Osiris. We will commit our full resources, militarily and diplomatically, to assisting Osiris in this manner in compliance with out treaty arrangements.

del-seal.png

There could be many things to be said, but I think the easiest is this - you will not have to deal with us in the delegacy for long. NK will be resigning within 24 hours.

Our reasons or this were myriad. I'm sure that stories of 'Biyah, Nee and NK is going to coup!' from 3 months ago will come up. I'm sure nobody will believe me, but the fact is - this was not true. Several people on both sides know for a fact that it is not true, and the rest of you who believe it really don't matter.

Our original plan was a lot more palatable for all sides, and it only came into existence a little over a month ago or so. We were going to have NK run for the delegacy, legitimately, and make some changes in the proper way. As it turns out, our plan was uncovered and we heard rumors that alternate people would run – or there would be a pile-in to make sure that NK couldn’t win. With that, we saw an erosion of influence within in our own home, and a paradigm shift from ‘Peaceful relaxing region’ to ‘warzone’. Frankly, a lot of us got tired of dealing with it, and we’d decided to move on.

So, approximately four days ago, we decided to simply take the region. As with the TEP Empire, we did this to prove it could be done, and as a final goodbye since our influence was being marginalized. The suggestion that the UDL help put NK in power was my final act of desperation during the transition, it wasn’t planned – I was floored when it worked. I’m sure all sorts of people will be unhappy, but let’s be honest, UDL did exactly what they were supposed to do based on a native request. I suspect that there will be some policy changes after this.

It should be noted, this government is still in effect. We have not installed a new government.

I also want it noted, I personally am not resigning at this moment. I am a citizen of Osiris, I am Speaker of the Sepatarchy. Georgie can’t clear me out without all 4 other sepatarchs voting aye, and that will not happen. Georgie can’t remove the entire Sepatarchy for anything other than inactivity, and the Sepatarchy has had at least a post each day since our voting. The Delegate cannot bypass the Council of Ma’at. We can’t be removed without trial.

Oh, before I forget. Cormac Stark disobeyed orders to endorse from Quad and Tim both – that makes him as much a traitor as we’re supposed to be (I’m not going to argue legal semantics here). Just so that this fact isn’t forgotten. Everyone else involved acted with honor, and in the best interests of Osiris. None can be faulted, as far as I can see. Tim, Quad, Nea – good play.

Be well, all.

~B

To trust Biyah, Dalimbar, New Kervoskia with any government position or legislative post or even a judicial position is a recipe for trouble. Congratulations.

Back