Request for review -- Posting alterated oath of office

Section 4.1, clause 1 of Chapter 4 of the Legal Code provides that:

Section 4.1: Oath of Office
1. All government officials will take the Oath of Office below before assuming their role within the government of The North Pacific.

I, [forum username], do hereby solemnly swear that during my term as [government position], I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of [government position], with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

Blue Wolf II posted the following as his oath of office at Dec 9 2012, 05:46 PM GMT/UTC in the designated thread for posting such oaths in the Delegate's Government area of the forums.

I, Comrade Hero Blue Wolf II, do hereby solemnly affirm that during my duly elected term as Vice Delegate of The North Pacific, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Vice Delegate of The North Pacific, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

I also pledge that, should I have to assume the delegate seat during my term, I will ban Ramaba again the next chance I have and all Nazi spammers will sleep with Kandy in his realm. I will also change the regional flag to that of a buff man dressed up as a unicorn and attempt to turn the RMB into a 24 hour rave.

Is this posted oath in full compliance with the requirement of Section 4.1? If it is not, what remedies are available to address it, who has standing to assert the non-compliance, and what procedure may be followed to assert a proceeding to seek the remedies that are identified?

U mad?

As can be plainly seen, I did post my oath as the law requires. What mindless drivel patriotic and heroic statements I chose to spout thereafter is rather inconsequential and totally unrelated, as it has no effect on the oath itself and neither is it barred nor prohibited by the law.

Blue Wolf II:
U mad?

As can be plainly seen, I did post my oath as the law requires. What mindless drivel patriotic and heroic statements I chose to spout thereafter is rather inconsequential and totally unrelated, as it has no effect on the oath itself and neither is it barred nor prohibited by the law.
The Court notes that the oath is missing the term unbiased in the Oath. As to anything else the Court will review the matter.

The Court has determined that no harm existed and the mistake made by Blue Wolf II was an honest one. Therefore the Court sees no need in ruling on a hypothetical situation which will likely not come up again. The Court is again going to make public our desire that parties take a reasonable first step in talking your issues out among yourselves instead of bringing Reviews that could be resolved by the power of speech to the Courts doorstep.

Back