TNP Prison

heronlord

TNPer
The basic concept is a colony would be created and defended by NPA for reforming prisoners of TNP.

The RMB would be for them to do labor on, and after a period they would regain their voting rights in TNP.

You could then elect judges and rangers to aid in populating the jail. Raiders could try to make jailbreaks and defenders could be cop reinforcements.

The idea is try to find as many intersections of gameplay and roleplay and run with them.

Belschaft:
And how would we make people stay in the region?
Perhaps... we make all of NationStates a giant jail and then create one region. We all pile into that region and we could defend it from those in the prison.

It'll require some law skirting though. :P

They would obviously have to choose to be in the region, then as they have debts to pay off then have to make a nation in the jail region and maintain activity on its RMB before being allowed voting rights. This could also be used for minor punishments of members of the assembly who violate minor region laws.

Though this does bring up the consideration,
1) what can prisoners do that is worth TNP's time in protecting the region other than providing a roleplay of a prison?

2) how does one fill out one's regional prison and guard body.

So, one could outsource the role of the prison to other regions, thus having a larger and more multicultural body, provide more criminals for rangers to police, and creates an actual worth for criminals reformative postings as other regions will observe them.

I don't see this being fair. We've never forced roleplay on people before, and I don't think we should start now. It's not for everyone, and it should remain optional.

lol
I would agree forcing roleplay is not so nice, but givin an option of community service through role play could be interesting.

King Durk the Awesome:
Agreed. RP is dumb.

Although, if TNP wants to get rid of me (and I'm guessing it does :P) the easiest way to do it would be to force me to RP.
And why did we not do this sooner.....:P

If this RP actually happens, I'll make sure prison in our nation is not as horrific as those in other nations. :P

How about this - make a "Prisoner" tag for "prisoners". You know, like the tags we have for 'citizen', RA Member, etc?

We've already seen certain people act out in an effort to secure PM Restriction badges. What benefit would we as a region derive from giving the children another badge of honor to act out in pursuit of?

Back