What is the meaning of christmas?

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
We come from all around the world, different religions and different backgrounds. What does Christmas mean to you, if anything?

And how will you be celebrating it this year?

What is Christmas? An orgy of unabashed consumerism and secularism stripped of any religious meaning by political correctness. :P

I have not had a religious upbringing. As such, I consider Christmas to be a time for us to spend with our family and loved ones, and to appreciate what we have. For me it's not about celebrating any religious event that happened a long time ago, but about celebrating what we have today.

I'm from a Catholic family but I'm myself agnostic so I have the same attitude as McMaster.
I just don't show my agnosticism being with family during Christmas, you know :P

mcmasterdonia:
I know a lot of people in that position :)
Including me!

I do think its important to have fun, eat nice food and look out for the less fortunate though!

I do think the previous comments RE: consumerism etc are also very valid.

A time of remembrance.
I remember how consumeristic the USA is.
I remember how unloving and uncaring I am, as if helping those less fortunate at one particular time of year is enough.
I remember how unimportantly Easter is treated in the USA.
Basically, Christmas is a downer.

That is why, here in God n Country n Byron, as Supreme Leader, I have enacted many fruitful policies in order to guide my people towards the light.

Back