-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
The Admin team has been considering the slight confusion of the way the Lobby, Elections, and "The Public Forum" for parties are organized. We have a plan to put the three areas together with the Temple Courts. The Lobby would become The Plateia Agora at the top of Magicality City, Elections would move to the top of The Plateia Agora, The Public Forums would become Parties within The Plateia Agora, and Temple Courts would move from Role Play to the bottom of The Plateia Agora.

Meanwhile, Issues would be moved to Port Thel under either The Docks, Map of The North Pacific, or Role Play.

Please offer your comments or suggestions now. I expect this change will be implemented once all elections are over.

If anyone is wondering, "Plateia" is the ancient Greek word that has the same meaning as the ancient Roman word for "Forum". Use of a more distinctive word will help avoid confusion on what is being referred to in the process.

And we also want to add that making these changes will make it easier to address requests that the R.A. Lobby area be moderated by the Speaker. I believe the plan is that the main Plateia area will be a general "free speech" area not limited to R.A. members or registered citizens.

The Lobby is not currently restricted to citizens or RA members, actually.

Does anybody have any notion of where the best place for Issues would be?

Grosseschnauzer:
If anyone is wondering, "Plateia" is the ancient Greek word that has the same meaning as the ancient Roman word for "Forum". Use of a more distinctive word will help avoid confusion on what is being referred to in the process.
"Agora" is a better match for "forum", in both modern and ancient Greek semantics. I would recommend using that term instead.

Kingborough:
I personally think the Temple Court's should stay where they are, but otherwise I like these changes.
This basically.

I'm not sure why we should move the Temple Courts. Aren't they more a Role Playing matter?

Still says Plateira in the third instance, is that right?

I think it makes sense to have the Lobby as inside the Regional Assembly but unrestricted. You can't have the Lobby outside of the Regional Assembly, that would make no sense, because then it's not a Lobby at all.

Think of this area as a "free expression" area that is part of the encouragement mentioned under Clause 2 of the Bill of Rights:
2. Each Nation's rights to free speech, free press, and the free expression of religion shall not be infringed, and shall be encouraged, by the governmental authorities of the region. Each Nation has the right to assemble, and to petition the governmental authorities of the region, including the WA Delegate, for the redress of grievances. The governmental authorities of the region shall act only in the best interests of the Region, as permitted and limited under the Constitution.

That's how these areas are tied together under this plan.

Grosseschnauzer:
Think of this area as a "free expression" area that is part of the encouragement mentioned under Clause 2 of the Bill of Rights:
2. Each Nation's rights to free speech, free press, and the free expression of religion shall not be infringed, and shall be encouraged, by the governmental authorities of the region. Each Nation has the right to assemble, and to petition the governmental authorities of the region, including the WA Delegate, for the redress of grievances. The governmental authorities of the region shall act only in the best interests of the Region, as permitted and limited under the Constitution.

That's how these areas are tied together under this plan.
I disagree with that plan. There is literally no point in having a Lobby area unless it is inside the Regional Assembly. If it's not going to be inside the Regional Assembly then it will be some other place, not a Lobby. If you're determined to have the freedom of expression areas together, then the threads of the Lobby will have to have a new home there, but that new home will have to be freshly conceived as part of the plan.

Chasmanthe:
Still says Plateira in the third instance, is that right?

I think it makes sense to have the Lobby as inside the Regional Assembly but unrestricted. You can't have the Lobby outside of the Regional Assembly, that would make no sense, because then it's not a Lobby at all.
Thanks, corrected.

It would no longer be called the Lobby, it would be The Agora.

I think it is long overdue that the Temple courts be restored to Magicality City and the militant secularist agenda of portraying religious activity as "roleplay" is ended.

I like the idea of the Agora. Now, all we need are virtual potsherds so we can engage in a proper ostracism! :p

If the special election for the latest Court vacancy can result in not creating another vacancy in another elected office, then we'll be able to implement it.

Who knew there'd be so many vacancies in serial order?

Back