Jamie for Speaker

Cove

TNPer
Hi, I'm running for speaker. I'm not a fan of long campaigns. So, I'll keep it brief. I've decided to run for speaker because it's a position that I think I'd be suited for. I've held the position before, which I felt I managed rather successfully, and I want to hopefully, repeat this. I believe the speaker should, in practice be politically neutral, while I wouldn't be afraid to give my opinion and will intend to give my opinion on proposals brought before the regional assemly, I would abstain on all votes.

Regarding the RA voting policy, I'd make some changes. The rule on making comments in voting threads would remain in place. "Absolutely, AYE/NAY" - that would be fine. On the other hand, "Aye, [insert reasoning]" would not be allowed, those comments should, and will, if elected as speaker, remain in the debate thread. Colours in thread would be, on a whole, fine, with exceptions made for bright green and yellow since they are, from my experience, hard to read and rather harsh on the eyes. Font sizes, on a whole fine, though only sizes one bigger or smaller would be permitted, anything else is unneeded and result in the vote being discounted.

In addition, I'd appoint a deputy who is active, motivated and suitable for the position. There are several people I think would make excellent deputies, though I have yet to decide who I would appoint.

Any questions?

Back