Resignation

Resignation
Due to several problems that have take place during my time in office, and the fact that emotionally I can no longer cope with being the constant target of baseless accusations and a blitz of purple across the forum, combined with problems taking place real life now I am tendering my resignation from the position of Speaker. I do not seem to be politically neutral enough for this office anyway, and what everal people have said about me acting like a child is true - I've acted far to immaturely in response to Grosseschnauzer and his attacks and I do not seem to have the capacity to be Speaker any longer.

Perhaps two court cases and a recall by the root admin are signs I have gone over the top. While I do stand firm in believing that people shouldn't be commenting in the voting threads or voting in large text and colours, I have taken this too far. I will be honest and say I have forced no compromising in these rules upon myself with a fear that others would take up Grosse's cause and I can't live in fear of a new person throwing a rant every time I do my job. Not to mention that I feel quite bad having to nitpick with people over rules.

I am still be standing for Vice Delegate and Co6, as hopefully I have a personality better suited to those offices.​

I'm not going to pretend that I liked your rules or agreed with you on a lot of things, but the simple fact that you were able to recognize that you were no longer able to be as impartial as the speaker needs to be is a good thing. At the end of the day you proved to be the bigger man.

I salute your service to the region, and decision to take this no doubt painful action.

Just wanted to echo what Bel said. I always have respect for someone who recognizes they are not cut out for the job, and resigns instead of doing a bad job in their position.

Kingborough, no matter what may have happened; I think that, overall, you did a damn good job as our Speaker.

You've got my respect for stepping down in a situation where you feel that you were unable to stay neutral. It takes a lot to be able to post that resignation.

Thank You for your service, and Good Luck in the Elections.

I entirely agree with Tim.

And I liked your rules and thought they were appropriate.

Aye, you've gained my respect and my attention. Excellent work for your time in office - I have no complaints. As for the resignation itself, sometimes some of the hardest things to do in this game is to admit a loss in duty and apologize for it. Good work.

I agree with everyone here. Thanks for your service and honesty.

You will do a lot better in other offices, because you'll feel more comfortable there.

Go King!

I'm sorry if I exacerbated it. I admire the way you handled this resignation and actually all of us sometimes need to grow up. I hope you look back on your term as a positive learning experience, don't be disheartened!

Blue Wolf II:
I don't think you should have resigned.
No. Nor do I but I do understand how horrible your RL issues are and they trump all other considerations.

Well done for standing down when you felt you needed to.

Blue Wolf II:
I don't think you should have resigned.
This.

Real life of course comes first. Don't ever forget that. But...

This game gets rough sometimes. Fight fire with fire, don't let them win.

I do not think you should have resigned.

What many should realize is that this game is dominated by personalities. This is a game where you will disagree with people and you will need to argue your point. Sometimes you will win, sometimes you won't.

I thought you were doing a very good job but if you're citing, partially,RL reasons for stepping down I don't think I can support you in future positions especially a position as critical as VD or even a Co6 position.

I really wish you had continued in your role. But, good luck in the future.

punk d:
What many should realize is that this game is dominated by personalities. This is a game where you will disagree with people and you will need to argue your point. Sometimes you will win, sometimes you won't.
It is not so much about arguing with people (I'm fine with debating and I can handle occasional nastiness) but this campaign of Grosse's goes far beyond a disagreement, even beyond a normal grudge and I didn't think I could do my job pressured by that for the next two months, what with court cases and being baited in every vote by Grosse.

Blue Wolf II:
Mutley can be a tremendous troll and is known to hold grudges over petty issues for years. It's the nature of the beast. :P
Speak for yourself. You're the reigning world champion at useless baiting.

My members can be tremendous trolls and are known to hold grudges over petty issues for years. It's the nature of the place.

Our nations can be tremendous trolls and are known to hold grudges over petty issues for years. It's the nature of the game.

So basically we all hold grudges.

P.S: I like this purple thing

The humans can be tremendous trolls and are known to hold grudges over petty issues for years. It's the nature of the mulligan.

Should this topic perhaps be closed?

Back