Indictment vs. Govindia

arms.png

Indictment

In the name of the nations of The North Pacific, an indictment under The North Pacific Legal Code is filed against Govindia, alleging that on August 21st, 2012, at 12:57 AM, Govindia posted the following in The North Pacific's official embassy in the forums of Equilism: "There is no Empress. It is not real. People were snorting cokes....", in a description of some members of TNP who were involved in a creation of a roleplay Empire in The North Pacific.

By making this statement, Govindia falls in violation of Chapter 1, Section 1.4, Clause 10 of the North Pacific Legal code, which states:

North Pacific Legal Code:
10. “Fraud” is defined as an intentional deception, by falsehood or omission, made for some benefit or to damage another individual.

Pursuant to Chapter 3, Section 3.3, Clause 11, of the Legal Code, which states that "[a]ny Justice may approve or deny an indictment, and their decision will be final," this indictment is respectfully submitted for that approval.

Sincerely,

Funkadelia
Deputy Attorney General of The North Pacific

I put this here to formally submit it to the Courts. Thank you.

As Clarification if the Attorney General's Office wants to file charges then you don't formally have to file and indictment unless you are seeking to eject or ban a nation. However I will accept this as filing of charges. The suggested timetable as per the Legal Code for all trials is as follows:

13. Once a criminal proceeding is presented, the defendant will have 48 hours to enter a plea, or a plea of "Not Guilty" may be entered for them.
14. Once a plea is entered, a period of time set by the Court for the discovery of evidence and witness testimony will begin. This period is normally 7 days.
15. Once discovery ends a period of time for arguments on the evidence and law will begin, its duration set by the Court. This period is normally 5 days.
16. During discovery and arguments, either side may make objections or requests publicly on the forum.
17. Once arguments end, the Court will have 72 hours to decide on a verdict and, if necessary, sentence.

I will be opening the trial thread now however will give the Defendant extra time to enter a plea and find a defense attorney if he so wishes.

Hileville:
I will be opening the trial thread now however will give the Defendant extra time to enter a plea and find a defense attorney if he so wishes.

Is giving extra time legal, when the law clearly says the defendant will have 48 hours to enter a plea?

Eluvatar:
Hileville:

Is giving extra time legal, when the law clearly says the defendant will have 48 hours to enter a plea?
Are you questioning the Chief Justice?

I cannot in good faith make a requirement for someone to enter a plea on Thanksgiving. Trial thread has been re-posted.

Back