Op-Ed.

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
The animal rights lobby was in shock today as the newly-elected delegate made his first act in office to veto the Bigfoot Surströmming Act.

The passing of the act, seen as a landmark in animal protection, had been heralded as ushering in a new era in TNP. However, hopes were dashed when the delegate quickly moved to veto the act.
Many in the Regional Assembly were thunderstruck: “We do not understand it. We voted for it, and the legislation clearly passed. It is the will of the people. McMasterdonia said just a few days ago in his election manifesto that he was dedicated to the North Pacific Community, which he said was “collegial.” How come his first act as delegate is to ignore the will of the people?”

Others were less surprised. Mr Treehugger Romanoffia of the Save Lots of Bigfoot (S.L.O.B.) Alliance said to our reporter: “We knew something might be up when we looked at McMasterdonia’s resume, where he listed his hobbies as “huntin’ shootin’ and fishin’. When we discovered that he had signed his name to support a bill making “boil a kitten alive day” an official TNP holiday – well, we knew then that he was unlikely to support the Bigfoot Surströmming Act.

hucpwe98.jpg

Romanoffia pictured with an endangered bigfoot​

McMasterdonia was on holiday at his private hunting lodge this weekend, but his office issued the following statement.

“McMasterdonia’s commitment to animal rights is a matter of public record. He is a keen woodsman and connoisseur of all types of bush tucker. Any insinuation that he vetoed the bill because Grosse’s vote was discounted is a base slur and will be rigorously challenged by the delegate and his office. Note to Minister of Communications: Make sure this goes to Grossescnauzer for approval before it is released to the press.”

785483.jpg

Delegate McMasterdonia​

As we were going to print, McMasterdonia himself called us on his cell phone from his hunting trip to set matters straight:

“Hey! Is that you, reporter chappie? Listen here, old bean. I hear some of you are saying that I vetoed the Bigfoot Surströmming Act because I don’t like democracy. Nothing could be further from the truth! If you peasants can’t be bothered to write decent laws, it’s not my fault, and I will continue to veto any law that does not meet my high standards. So stick your pipe up your chuftah and fart smoke rings. So there. What’s that? Bambi at 200 paces? ***BLAM*** Winged the bastard!!”

Love all the slang. Enjoyed the article. Very well written Flem.

I think this is a little unfair: "Make sure this goes to Grossescnauzer for approval before it is released to the press." :P

Flemingovia has exposed the truth! Clearly we must overthrow the leader of this blasphemous government!

On a more serious note, this was definitely quite funny and was a good start to my day. Thanks Flem. :)

Back