TNP Elects New Del, VD Joins Lib

TNP Elects New Del, VD Joins Lib 
Us-elections-carousel-cro-007.jpg

Lines were long at some precincts

18 November, 2012

It's been a whirlwind few weeks in The North Pacific. Earlier this month Eluvatar was recalled as delegate after a prolonged absence. Seven candidates crowded the field in the special election including sitting Vice Delegate Tim and long-time Minister of Defense McMasterdonia.

Debate centered around World Assembly voting policy and the delegate's role in the cabinet, which is popularly elected.

Things got heated when Unibot equated McMasterdonia's platform to an abandonment of democracy. Later, following a question posted in McMasterdonia's campaign thread about how he would hold ministers accountable, Unibot interjected, saying, “[McMasterdonia's] only apparent example is decorum and inactivity” and that he only sought decorum because he “didn't want to a hear minister tell him to **** off”. 

In the end McMasterdonia won, carrying 55.56% of the vote. His closest competitors were Tim with 24.44% and Speaker of the Regional Assembly Kingborough with 8.89% and political gadfly Romanoffia with 6.67%. 

Shortly after the election Vice Delegate Tim left TNP to join the attempted liberation of Eastern Islands of Dharma. His abrupt move raised eyebrows as Tim was not a member of the North Pacific Army (NPA) which was involved in liberation attempt. He did not resign his post and later returned to TNP, saying a statement is forthcoming.

More news as it develops.

----
Written by New Kervoskia
The Trans-Pacific Times
NationStates Broadcasting Company (NSBC)
Copyright 2008

We shouldn't be too hard on Tim in my opinion. He fell victim to a culture within the UDL that demands their members serve the interests of the UDL over any other region in which they might participate, the North Pacific included.

King Durk the Awesome:
We shouldn't be too hard on Tim in my opinion. He fell victim to a culture within the UDL that demands their members serve the interests of the UDL over any other region in which they might participate, the North Pacific included.
No such culture exists.

madjack:
King Durk the Awesome:
No such culture exists.
Evidence suggests otherwise madjack. Your own rush to defend the UDL in this thread further evidences my point.

King Durk the Awesome:
madjack:
King Durk the Awesome:
No such culture exists.
Evidence suggests otherwise madjack. Your own rush to defend the UDL in this thread further evidences my point.
Hardly. If the UDL has prompted Tim to make the choice it has, you'd have a point and question would definitely need to be asked of the organisation, both within and without.

Unless I've missed something in the last 8 or 9 hours, no such information has come to light.

I've been in the UDL pretty much since day 1, and I've never felt the need nor the pressure to put the organisation before any region I'm committed to being in.

I dislike the fact that you paint anyone that has UDL membership as "Oh, they're brainwashed UDLers". It's rather annoying--would you like me to follow you around the forum posting "LOL, Durk posting something! He purged us twice, tried to coup our ally! lol just proves my pointtt"? It's unhelpful and insulting.

As I said in another thread, UDLers told Tim -not- to do what he did. Myself included there. I don't think it's right that a Vice Delegate or anyone that has committed to a WA-required position to leave their region for -any- reason besides real life ones or after their own resignations. I think it was irresponsible and reckless.

And I'm a UDLer. Go figure.

Back