A Statement from the Interim Delegate

Tim

TNPer
the_north_pacific__86179.png
A Statement from the Interim Delegate

Hello People of The North Pacific,

This is Tim, your Interim Delegate.

As some of you may know we have had a... visitor... to The North Pacific, by the name of Oh My Goodness Gracious. Other suspected aliases include Tolerance and Truth, On Broken Glass, and Be Cool.

To those of you that have been watching the Regional Message Board, you would notice that this nation, aside from having no knowledge of what is actually happening within the TNP Government, has been loudly opposing all efforts for the Delegacy switch to happen. Instead, the nation has resorted to insult and slander, as well as scare tactics, to try to keep an inactive, and Recalled, Zemnaya Svoboda on the Delegacy Seat. Although the true purpose of this Insurgency is unknown, the TNP Security Council has been watching Regional Endorsement Counts, in anticipation for any potential tarters

To those of you not fully aware of the Details of Zemnaya Svoboda's Recall, Cormac Stark proposed a Bill to the Regional Assembly to Recall the Delegate. The Recall Motion is Found Below. For reference, Zemnaya Svoboda is Eluvatar.
I motion to recall the Delegate, Eluvatar, on the grounds that he has been grossly negligent in regard to his responsibilities as Delegate of The North Pacific. Evidence:
  • Eluvatar has not logged into his nation, Zemnaya Svoboda, for 13 days, endangering the security of The North Pacific.
  • Eluvatar had not logged into the TNP forum for 13 days and has not been active since finally logging in on 30 October, leaving the executive government at a standstill.
  • Eluvatar did not officially give the Vice Delegate or the Security Council, those who are responsible for the in-game security of the region in the absence of the Delegate, prior notice of his absence.
  • Even prior to his absence, Eluvatar was inactive and his inactivity since reelection has effectively rendered the executive government of The North Pacific paralyzed.

Although the Delegate has avoided a legal vacancy by logging into the forum on 30 October, his negligence has still left The North Pacific vulnerable to security risks and the executive government of The North Pacific at a complete standstill. For these reasons I motion to recall the Delegate, Eluvatar.
A few days later, the Bill went to vote in what would be a very close Recall Election. Five Days later, when the voting ended, a 2/3 Majority had been reached and Zemnaya Svoboda was Recalled as Delegate of The North Pacific. Zemnaya Svoboda's Vice Delegate, Tim, was sworn in as Interim Delegate and Emergency Election Nominations have, since then, opened.
Results of the Recall Election can be found here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8073147&t=6978665

Although there is no enormous rush to get Zemnaya Svoboda out of the Delegacy seat, the Campaigning by Oh My Goodness Gracious is leading in an Endorsement Climb for Zemnaya Svoboda and an Endorsement Drop for Tim. Even if there is no rush, it is still preferable that this Delegate transition does happen. Although usually not very effective, whoever is behind this campaign does have some experience in the job. As of now, the efforts to switch Delegates have essentially been stalled, due to people re-endorsing Zemnaya Svoboda and Un-Endorsing myself. Although the current counter-campaigning that we have going has mostly stopped the 'blood flow', I am still slowly leaking endorsements.

This is being achieved by exploiting the fact that most of the TNP populace is not active on the forum, and are having problems identifying who is correct. Using that fact ,as well as Scare Tactics including calling the Interim Delegate a Nazi and a Rogue, Oh My Goodness Gracious is initially doing fairly okay for a Telegram Campaign.

To work against Oh My Goodness Gracious, We, The North Pacific Government,are taking multiple measures to either Combat or Counteract what he/she is doing.
  • Our Allies in The South Pacific, Osiris, and Equilism have all been sent Requests for Aid. Their Military Troops are now moving in and endorsing Tim.
  • The North Pacific Army has been called back into TNP, so as to endorse Tim.
  • Members of the Executive Government and the Security Council have been Telegramming WA Nations and requesting them to Un-Endorse Zemnaya Svoboda and Endorse Tim.
  • Members of the Executive and the Security Council have been targeting the WA Nations that have Un-Endorsed Tim, with Telegrams explaining the situation and asking for the endorsement to be given again.
  • The Operation to ignore Oh My Goodness Gracious on the Regional Message Board is going successfully, and we've been having some great discussion at the same time. I encourage everyone to Ignore OMGG and instead partake in the delightful chatter.

If you have not yet done so, Please Endorse Tim and Un-Endorse Zemnaya Svoboda
Citizens or RA Members of The North Pacific who wish to move their World Assembly Nation in to endorse Tim, are welcome and encouraged to do so. This will help speed up the Delegacy Transition, and will hopefully be able to stop the actions of OMGG.

Thank You for holding out in the stormy weather that The North Pacific has been facing. We have not sailed out of this storm yet, but we are getting there. Keep the efforts up and the morale high.

Thank You,
Tim-Opolis (Tim)
Interim Delegate of The North Pacific

Hail the interim delegate!

I suspect the hubub will be short lived - it's not like the facts arent pasted all over the board.

The fact that these nations have been making baseless accusations tends to be a big red flag as to it being little more than propoganda.

My endorsement remains with Tim, even if it is solely because his story is more credible than any they have put forward.

Ahoy to Tim and all,

Just wanted to point out that many of the nations in the Pacific may never even come to these forums. I hadn't been on the forums here more than a few times in the past year, so telegrams have been my way of watching what's going on.

To someone who doesn't come to these forums the "baseless accusations" could seem completely reasonable. Had I not looked into it further because it sounded fishy to me I wouldn't have known that there was something odd going on from a wavemaker.

Carl
Father of Feree

Back