Fraudulent Telegram Received

I received this fraudulent telegram today:
Most noble and genial Sir, Madam, or whichever title you prefer at your free leisure,
I am *REDACTED*.
I come to your nation in supplication. I bring neither arms with which to bereave you nor jewels with which to bribe you.
I do not come to you in deceitful panic but in humble measure.
I bring only myself, my message, and faith that you will do what is right.
There is at this time, a gang of nations bent on regime change here in the North Pacific.
They insist that the current delegate The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda must be removed, because there is an EMERGENCY.
I employ the capitals my friend, because this is the nature of this gang's rhetoric. Loud, aggressive, and irrational.
A nation going by the name of simply Tim is the leader of this gang.
He has been spreading the message across this region that The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda must be unendorsed so he can take power and secure the region from the delegate, who is inactive... regrettably.
However, the region is in no danger. The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda has been inactive before and has always returned. He retains the greatest endorsement levels in the region, and the region's security services are able to track every nation's endorsement levels to identify potential threats.
None has yet been identified. None exists.
At yet Tim and his band are preaching fear, and urging you to unendorse the delegate in favor of him.
You must ask...
What do they have to gain and who exactly is Tim?
They have much to gain. With the delegacy of our region and the legal delegate inactive, they could take control of this region as has been done before, ejecting all of us to the Rejected Realms and destroying our nations.
Indeed, the safest thing to do to protect the security of the region is not to promote an opportunist to the delegacy who would be free to do anything with it, but to simply let The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda lie and to not to hand out further endorsements, preventing anyone from over gaining him. In the meantime, new elections can be called, the region will be quite, secure, and not in the hands of Tim - an untested wildcard.
Who is Tim?
In a nutshell, this is his bio:
Tim was formerly a raider. These are the groups of players who go around invading regions and purging their nations.
Then one day, he suddenly "claims" to have had a changed of heart and abandoned this raider side.
This move coincided with his approximate arrival here in the North Pacific, were he began to pursue elected office with limited success.
So, a former raider....who suddenly abandons that identity when he wants to run for elected office.
As you can see, he has the sleaze of the dirtiest of politicians, trying to hide his record to get votes just as he peddles fear to get the delegacy.
This is what he did as a raider. Invasions. Covert actions. Attacks on sovereignty. He has had numerous nations banned from the World Assembly.
Why trust him with our delegacy? What is the security threat he keeps blabbering about?
Press him for specifics and you won't find any, there is no threat. The current delegate is inactive -yes- but this is not an inherent threat or a reason to run into the arms of someone with Tim's shady background.
As long as the current endorsement situation holds, the delegacy will be safe in trusted hands until Zemnaya returns, which will be shortly given his historic trend.
Please do not be intimated by Tim or fall for his pretend security threats. Remember who he is and demand answers.
Please help The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda stay in the delegacy, he is a nation we can trust.
Please remove your endorsement from The Interim Delegate of Tim so he does not overtake our legal delegate.
Thank you for your time.

I'm not sure why you redacted the name in the first place, but alright.

I've sent out unendorsement/endorsement requests so I hope that nations will realise that my telegrams are the legitimate ones, and ignore the ones from Oh My Goodness Gracious. I wish people would just give up on that sort of thing.

Chasmanthe, generally we don't redact one of the most important parts of the Telegram.

Thank you for posting though.

Personally, I've been sending a quick Telegram to everyone that un-endorses me to explain the situation.

I also think this is one of the reasons why we need to have an active Delegacy. If not to stop people like him, at least throw him on Kandy's BBQ for a while.

Another telegram received:

Attention Citizen of The North Pacific
Regional terrorist, invader, and Nazi endorsee The Interim Delegate of Tim has been spreading messages of fear across the region.
The Interim Delegate of Tim and a band of followers have declared a state of emergency and have urged the region to withdraw endorsements from the legitimate delegate.
The Interim Delegate of Tim is attempting a power grab by claiming the region is under threat. It is not. A list of the TOP 25 nations in the region by endorsements is shown below and accurate at the time of this writing.
Note, there is no unknown nation about to seize the delegacy. The only nation trying is The Interim Delegate of Tim. The region is safe, there is no security threat, and no need for a delegacy threat. Save for The Interim Delegate of Tim, the top three nations are all known, trusted, and part of the government.
There is no threat as has been lied to you. Look at the Top 25 yourself. Do you see a threat?
The only threat is The Interim Delegate of Tim who is guilty of:
1. Misleading statements - attempting to perpetuate notions of a security threat to seize power and cause panic. No rogue nations - save for Tim - are anywhere close to the delegate.
2. Why do I call him a terrorist, rather than a demagogue? Because, he is a former member of the Black Riders the condemned invader group. He has a history of invading regions and then purging their residents, and -that- is a direct risk to you.
Even worse, he is supported by some of the most hated and controversial elements in the game...that being the Nazi population as evidenced by their spokesman here: page=rmb/postid=1989892
3. Even though he is an invader, he has betrayed invaders as well...showing no bounds to morality even among his supposed comrades. He has now claimed his betrayals were justified and he is a "former invader". Convenient, he says this now that he is trying to hoodwink control of the delegacy.
Please, do not be fooled by this nation. They intend to take power and from there we may be at the mercy of an invader delegate.
Secondly, our current delegate has been a good delegate. He is to return soon, this illegal and fear-based move has no bounds.
I ask, for the true and honest security of the region
Please do not endorse or remove your endorsement from The Interim Delegate of Tim
And
Endorse The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda
Thank you for your consideration. I know you will do what is right for the safety of your nation.
Regional security scan is below for your own analysis.
TOP 25 endorsement holders in the region.
Tim should either point out which of these nations is a threat or shut up about a security emergency.
There is none.
The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda 319
The American Insurgency of Former English Colony312
The Interim Delegate of Tim306
The Former TNP Delegate of Blue Wolf II263
The Democratic Federation of Grosseschnauzer249
The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum243
The Bright Empire of Yaorozu230
The Zombie Beat of Groovistan227
The Fairly Well-Liked Dominion of Blackshear41219
The Empire of Pasargad215
The Romanoffian Dynasty of Novare Res213
The United Kingdom of Kingborough II209
The Republic of Selfgradatude193
The Happy and Peaceful Area of God n Country n Byron176
The Principality of Ehlnar176
The Nude People's Republic of Eumbner150
The People's Nation of Mancunia Revolution141
The Red Mystery of Jamie Anumia140
The Holy Empire of Everywheristan139
The Incorporated States of Iridaceae139
The Terran Imperium of Enif134
The Anarcho-Capitalist Ogre Fans of Whereisthatistan133
The People's Jamahiriya of Herzliyya133
The Imperatoris Tyrannis of McMasterdonia133
The Federal Republic of Newmist123

Here's another TG

The Most Serene Republic of Tolerance and Truth (3 minutes ago)
Re: Telegram on Regional Intolerance
Greetings Citizen Resident of The North Pacific,
I am writing to you on a matter of personal importance. As you are probably aware, at this time there is a contest for the delegacy of your region, between Tim and the current delegate The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
I will not pretend to know all the details, however I do know that despite the differences, debates must be conducted with civility.
Too often we reward those who are the most aggressive, the most brazen, those who will draw on any support.
This is why I urge you to unendorse Tim in the spirit of tolerance and peace.
Tim is supported by the game's prominent Nazi faction :page=rmb/postid=1989892
Tim has associations with numerous invader groups. These are groups of nations who use their WA powers to seize delegacies and then eject residents.
Tim also has a history of treasonous actions, he has abandoned agreements with standing armies while earning the support of the mentioned radical Nazi factions.
Let's not reward someone who will take the support of anyone to get elected. Let's demand a greater standard and representation for this great region.
Thank you, and may your nation proceed in both internal and external peace.

Whoever is behind this must believe the TNP government to be idiots. First one of the TG's classifies the government of TNP as a "gang" which is a word that's being purposely used to caste the author as an in-game player only. However, how would the author of the TG know that this "gang" decided to remove the sitting delegate if the author did not have access to or time to look at what was going on here in these forums? The author might answer that he or she saw it on the RMB, but that doesn't actually make a lot of sense either because in-game nations tend to follow the instructions of people who are viewed as "leaders" of the region.

So like I said, my intelligence is insulted and if the author of these TG's is reading this right now, here's what I have to say to you - you gotta come harder than that, dude(ette).

Now that my rant is out of the way, this seems like a grudge against Tim or a way to keep Tim from the delegacy until whomever wants the delegacy can get enough votes to get there. The latter seems more dangerous than the former from a regional perspective.

Got this one:

The Republic of On Broken Glass (New. 16 hours ago)

Attention Citizen of The North Pacific

Regional terrorist, invader, and Nazi endorsee The Interim Delegate of Tim has been spreading messages of fear across the region.

The Interim Delegate of Tim and a band of followers have declared a state of emergency and have urged the region to withdraw endorsements from the legitimate delegate.

The Interim Delegate of Tim is attempting a power grab by claiming the region is under threat. It is not. A list of the TOP 25 nations in the region by endorsements is shown below and accurate at the time of this writing.

Note, there is no unknown nation about to seize the delegacy. The only nation trying is The Interim Delegate of Tim. The region is safe, there is no security threat, and no need for a delegacy threat. Save for The Interim Delegate of Tim, the top three nations are all known, trusted, and part of the government.

There is no threat as has been lied to you. Look at the Top 25 yourself. Do you see a threat?

The only threat is The Interim Delegate of Tim who is guilty of:

1. Misleading statements - attempting to perpetuate notions of a security threat to seize power and cause panic. No rogue nations - save for Tim - are anywhere close to the delegate.

2. Why do I call him a terrorist, rather than a demagogue? Because, he is a former member of the Black Riders the condemned invader group. He has a history of invading regions and then purging their residents, and -that- is a direct risk to you.

Even worse, he is supported by some of the most hated and controversial elements in the game...that being the Nazi population as evidenced by their spokesman here: http://www.nationstat....

That is where the TG ends. So we are looking for a player who cannot use cut and paste.

I received one like the first one...

has anyone tracked those puppets?

Can some TNPer be behind them?

Does it even matter anyway?

-------------------

Edit: I've been "investigating" a bit.

"On broken glass" was refounded yesterday with ~110 million people. Then moved to TNP.

"Tolerance and truth" was just created and moved here.

"Oh my goodness gracious" talked about some guy called Punk Diddly in our RMB, was it supposed to be a joke? I know there's a Punk Daddy out there... Maybe he was trying to be simply annoying. Well he succeeded.

Also, TNP is growing fast. Could it be it's being flooded? I have not compared it to other regions... Maybe NS is simply growing as a whole. But... I don't know, also there's a limit for banning/ejecting isn't it?

Now I'm intrigued lol

It does matter, because:

1. It's against the law
2. They're making Tim work harder
3. We want to know who Santa should putting on his "naughty" list :santa:

The Republic of Oh My Goodness Gracious (New. 16 hours ago)

No dice my friend. You'd have to believe I was a fool to follow that link.

If it is a real log, I suggest you send it to me via telegram or put it in a pastebin where I can be assured of safety from malicious code.

I articulated respect for you, but that doesn't mean I trust you. ;)

He knows that pictures can be used to grab IPs. So I'm thinking Frak or Ant; his rant on the official forum looks a lot like Ant or Frak.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=11510313#p11510313

unibot:

If it is a real log, I suggest you send it to me via telegram or put it in a pastebin where I can be assured of safety from malicious code.

He knows that pictures can be used to grab IPs. So I'm thinking Frak or Ant; his rant on the official forum looks a lot like Ant or Frak.

I am leaning towards Frak. The language is more in line with his and he was a member here so he knows more of the history.

I analyzed average compositions of Ant and Hax's post against our couper and found Ant to have a more similar Average Sentence Length, Word Length and Obscurity, Lexical Density and Fog Index result. Overall Frak tended to be wordier, use more punctuation and less readable than Ant. Likewise, academic studies have suggested British speakers tend to have a high Flesch readability score and lower FOG scores compared to American speakers who write with a lower Flesch readability score and higher FOG scores. Our Couper had a relatively high Flesch readability score and a lower FOG score, in line with Ant and British writers.

I don't think we can rule out Ant on the basis of language since science would suggest that if we're going by language, it's more likely Ant than Frak; could Frak be trying to fake a different persona? Absolutely, we cannot rule this out. But I would object to ruling Ant out on the basis of language.

Furthermore, Ant was likely already involved with some anti-tart messages when Eluvatar was trying to take the delegacy:
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6898479/2/

I mean who goes by -An Elephant-. :eyeroll:

At this point, both are stupid enough to be responsible for this and have a history of doing it.

Hileville:
unibot:

I am leaning towards Frak. The language is more in line with his and he was a member here so he knows more of the history.
Hey! I have the copyright on always accusing Anur of being behind these. I know it's a cliche, but it really is all he seems to do...

unibot:
I analyzed average compositions of Ant and Hax's post against our couper and found Ant to have a more similar Average Sentence Length, Word Length and Obscurity, Lexical Density and Fog Index result. Overall Frak tended to be wordier, use more punctuation and less readable than Ant. Likewise, academic studies have suggested British speakers tend to have a high Flesch readability score and lower FOG scores compared to American speakers who write with a lower Flesch readability score and higher FOG scores. Our Couper had a relatively high Flesch readability score and a lower FOG score, in line with Ant and British writers.

I don't think we can rule out Ant on the basis of language since science would suggest that if we're going by language, it's more likely Ant than Frak; could Frak be trying to fake a different persona? Absolutely, we cannot rule this out. But I would object to ruling Ant out on the basis of language.

Furthermore, Ant was likely already involved with some anti-tart messages when Eluvatar was trying to take the delegacy:
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6898479/2/

I mean who goes by -An Elephant-. :eyeroll:

At this point, both are stupid enough to be responsible for this and have a history of doing it.
You've failed to consider another alternative; that it is both of them. They have a history of working together, and whilst we were never able to conclusively implicate either of them in the others coup attempts, I think there was a general consensus that Anur was at the very least aware of Ant's activities in The Pacific.

guys, this may mean nothing but:

There are some nations that have been refounded yesterday and immediately moved to TNP, and changed their flag to the blue/white flag of the region. There may be more... I don't know

their names

Pots and Pans
On Broken Glass
Generation X
Paul Dock
Be cool
Camisar

As someone said before, at least one of them (on broken glass) is responsible for the "fraudulent" TGs. Do you guys recognize them? I'm investigating a little more, let's see what I can find out about them.

Strange, to say the least.

----------------

Well I have been elaborating a complex theory about this:

I think this guy goodness or whatever (I'd say guyS) has or can get a nation with enough endorsements in TNP, maybe in that top25 he gave us.

He (they) obviously doesn't want Tim as delegate, nor Zemnaya either.
He feeds confusion, lowers stability to cut off the normal endorsing flow
So he makes difficult to the legitimate, interim delegate, getting endos and influence
TNP may be being flooded. 600+ nations in a couple of days... This may not be natural
and those puppets on the list above are resurrected and immediately moved here, and some are involved in the confusing TGs these days. (the TGs that say you must retire endorsement from Tim)
They wait for the right moment (zemnaya cteing, for example) to switch puppets to WA members and endorse the traitor/s.

If the timing is right, even a new delegate could ban a limit of 200 nations, with a cost of influence.

this may seem crazy, but can it be, that we're being raided?

Lennart of Ehlnar:
this may seem crazy, but can it be, that we're being raided?
It's possible for an invasion to occur to "top up" a couper's endorsements. However, the method you've described is highly unlikely due to rules against muliting -- it was a somewhat viable method before a recent decision by the NS Admins to remove an HTML exploit. The North Pacific could have still been under Mammot*cough*NPO*histan rule if weren't for this exploit; fortunately, our favorite new Security Councillor got rid of it :lol: .

This isn't a raid. It's not even a coup attempt - just someone trying to make things difficult on the new interim delegate, and not doing a half bad job.

~B

some people have a lot of extra time to waste, first the most active delegate ever disappears!! then people start endorse/unendorse TGS as usual, TNP has become too predictable and boring!!!
i would not be amazed if we discover the half of RA and TNP are only one really bored person!!!

Biyah:
This isn't a raid. It's not even a coup attempt - just someone trying to make things difficult on the new interim delegate, and not doing a half bad job.

~B
...which suggests they've done an unendo campaign before.

The style and self-righteousness does smack of things I've seen before but at this point the who is less concerning than how it is actually affecting our attempt at delegate transition.

Pasagad - if we're all one person, we're really kinda twisted. hehehe

And it is affecting. At this rate Tim could not reach enough endos before Zemnaya CTEs, if he's not in vacancy mode.

This thread has been declassified for public viewing by the Vice Delegate. If you have any questions, please contact the Vice Delegate for more information.

Back