Kingborough for Delegate!

KINGBOROUGH FOR DELEGATE

Welcome, how do you do?
Let me introduce myself - I am Kingborough, presently Speaker of the Regional Assembly and candidate in the current special elections for delegate of the North Pacific. I thought I'd explain my policies and ideas that I would carry into the delegates office to better let people decide how to vote.

Policy
A major key area in policy of the delegate is of course the Council of Five. While it is at the discretion of the delegate that the Council of Five is presently elected I feel that Eluvatar established a system that benefits the region when he made the Co5 elective and I would be continuing that tradition with only one change - I feel that to have our Minister of Defence remain elective is a dangerous thing, should a delinquent Minister be elected to the position it would not bode well for the regions security when the NPA is a major factor in regional safety. I also wish to further reform the Co5's duties to better make use of the ministries in existence, such as seperating the TNP Wire from the Ministry of Communications.

Another important area for the region is culture, and working with the Minister of Culture and Entertainment I plan to heavily encourage cultural affairs such as celebratory events, encouraging the until now neglected private newspapers, etc. I feel also that with public consultation that forming a regional theme may be appropriate - something to tie the region to culturally. However I would consult privately with government and citizens for their opinions on his matter before a theme was approved.

The Regional Assembly is another area of interest, where I think as delegate I can lead legislative reform. As recent holes in the constitution and legal code have surfaced, I think a proper review of the constitution and legal code is in order with an aim to make a real difference, unlike some previous attempts which fell short despite good intentions.

Thank you for reading, and let me know if you have any questions :)

You can speak to me on #TNP or #King4Del on the irc.esper.net servers if you would like to have a discussion on any part of my policies.​

I feel that I can bring my own unique ideas and policies, as well as my different outlook on the government of The North Pacific as someone more focused on developing the regional community and laws than playing the political games that seem to plague our region

So your first policy plan is to... reduce the ability of people to vote for who has a say in ruling the region?

I do not believe it is either safe nor appropriate to have the commander of our army to be elected. What would happen if we ended up with a spy or just someone who did not have the skill to run an army? It would be a mess. We don't elect our military generals now do we?

Kingsborough, some interesting policies. However, sadly your platform is lacking any real vision of the future which, and I've said this many many times, is essential for any viable long term success. Therefore, I ask what you would like TNP to look like after your term as Delegate ended and how would that differ from the status quo?

Secondly, my big concern is your lack of experience. The Delegate is the leader of the region and we have a deficit of leadership in this region for sometime. The recent issues in the Regional Assembly, suggest an approach to leading which may not be best suited to the Delegate of a somewhat fracticious region, particularly in the current circumstances. What lessons have you learnt during you time as Speaker and how would they affect what you would do if elected Delegate?

Where do you stand on Defense? Under what, if any, conditions do you support raiding?

What are your views on WA voting? How would you, as Delegate, decide how to cast your vote?

Will you be continuing with region-wide Co5 elections, or would they be confined to the RA?

Thanks!

First off, thanks for the questions GBM :)

Great Bights Mum:
Where do you stand on Defense? Under what, if any, conditions do you support raiding?
I believe that the MoD should be given a bit more leeway on how he/she acts and therefore I would listen to their opinion on this matter before making a solid decision. I will state that griefing and imperialism is not some I would allow, however other levels of raiding could be allowed depending on the situation.

Great Bights Mum:
What are your views on WA voting? How would you, as Delegate, decide how to cast your vote?
The present democratic system of deciding the delegates vote would stand, and I will state early that I would not constrict voting to just people with world-assembly nations in the region. As a past raider and defender I know how difficult it can be to move your nation into TNP everytime you want to vote on something in the WA.

Great Bights Mum:
Will you be continuing with region-wide Co5 elections, or would they be confined to the RA?
If elected I would honour the system which the Co5 has just enacted, allowing only RA and Citizens to vote. I actually personally prefer that system to region-wide elections as when everyone may vote you end up with a mass of uninformed votes that don't really have much idea about what the person is really like or their policies, having not interacted with them on the forum, and that makes it much easier for a bad Minister to get onto the Council.

Haor Chall:
Kingsborough, some interesting policies. However, sadly your platform is lacking any real vision of the future which, and I've said this many many times, is essential for any viable long term success. Therefore, I ask what you would like TNP to look like after your term as Delegate ended and how would that differ from the status quo?
At the end of my term I would like to see a much more streamlined Co5, a region with a better legal code and constitution that doesn't end with legal challenges every second time it is applied to anything because of vague language or sentencing, and a region which has a solid cultural theme that plays into the fun that people have in the region.

Haor Chall:
Secondly, my big concern is your lack of experience. The Delegate is the leader of the region and we have a deficit of leadership in this region for sometime. The recent issues in the Regional Assembly, suggest an approach to leading which may not be best suited to the Delegate of a somewhat fracticious region, particularly in the current circumstances. What lessons have you learnt during you time as Speaker and how would they affect what you would do if elected Delegate?
I personally feel that my approach as delegate wouldn't differ much than myself as speaker. I am always willing to negotiate, talk, take on new ideas etc and the fact that one person has objected to what should be common sense in a rather immature manner does not change that. While I am certainly be open to discussion and talking in a reasonable manner about changing something, I think that compromising my core policies and ideas every time someone objects and throws a fit if I sick to my policies is not the way to go about running any government office.

Haor Chall:
Missed the point, somewhat. But thank you for answering.
Would you care to further explain you're question in that case? I assumed you were referring to my rules of conduct in the RA.

I will state that griefing and imperialism is not some I would allow, however other levels of raiding could be allowed depending on the situation.

What's the situation? "Raiding" is random and arbitrary invading.. so that would be, every situation? Unless you meant politically-justified invading. In which case, what do you have in mind. Enemies of the state? Nazis?

I actually personally prefer that system to region-wide elections as when everyone may vote you end up with a mass of uninformed votes that don't really have much idea about what the person is really like or their policies, having not interacted with them on the forum, and that makes it much easier for a bad Minister to get onto the Council.

You know.. I've never met the person I voted for to be Prime Minister of Canada in 2011, nor have I taken the initiative to become a member of parliament. I'd still like a vote in the Canadian Election.

However, in NS, I have taken the initiative to become a member of parliament and have met the person I want to vote for delegate.. sure, absolutely. I don't see how my greater knowledge in this situation should alienate the democratic rights for the people who don't become members of parliaments and get to know their leader personally, anymore than my democratic right should be alienated in real-life.

I don't think cabinet-minister elections are necessary.. they aren't in real life, they're chosen by leaders. But I do think the delegate should be chosen by the people.

I think that compromising my core policies and ideas every time someone objects and throws a fit if I sick to my policies is not the way to go about running any government office.

When your core policies are mandatory lack of punctuation and using less words, I wonder what else you wouldn't compromise and go on a cute, but really unnecessary triad of red font about.

I feel that to have our Minister of Defence remain elective is a dangerous thing, should a delinquent Minister be elected to the position it would not bode well for the regions security when the NPA is a major factor in regional safety.

So is your plan to give the position to Mcmasterdonia for life?

Kingborough:
Haor Chall:
Missed the point, somewhat. But thank you for answering.
Would you care to further explain you're question in that case? I assumed you were referring to my rules of conduct in the RA.

No, thank you. In missing the point you answered the question for me.

unibot:
I feel that to have our Minister of Defence remain elective is a dangerous thing, should a delinquent Minister be elected to the position it would not bode well for the regions security when the NPA is a major factor in regional safety.

:lol: :rofl:
I love the NPA and will always be involved in it and assist it. I doubt that I will do it forever or for life.
I'm sure the concern is more that, if I resign, who will replace? Will they have the trust of the NPA? Are they experience enough? etc etc.

Kingsborough, I have heard, has been an effective Speaker for the last few months, and despite his paltry experience in assuming a delegation role in TNP, I believe he can bring out a fresh approach, as well as a unique style of governing that is, very well, in align with the TNP Constitution.

His view on eliminating voting of military positions seeks to enhance security by appointing regional generals and commanders in a more efficient manner. We have witnessed through voting procedures that it is indeed a time-consuming method to fend off attempts to assume an authoritiative leadership role, hence Eluvatar's recall incident. The votes have successfully recalled him; however, it took a great deal of time for such means of justice to be initiated and executed.

TNP Constitution is maintained in a sense voting on general, political affairs is maintained, yet appointment of key positions within each department of TNP should be done in the leadership of Kingsborough, who is to be elected by vote, in accordance with the TNP Constitution.

mcmasterdonia:
unibot:

:lol: :rofl:
I love the NPA and will always be involved in it and assist it. I doubt that I will do it forever or for life.
I'm sure the concern is more that, if I resign, who will replace? Will they have the trust of the NPA? Are they experience enough? etc etc.
Is that really a good enough reason to make it a for-life position?

King: Would you vote stack for WA resolutions authored by TNPers?

I have questions that I'm asking all candidates, but those questions have already been asked and answered here -- though not to my satisfaction as a voter, I might add, since I oppose an unelected and unaccountable Minister of Defense -- so I'll just wish you good luck.

your deputy speaker has said that the speaker can set any rules he likes for voting.

Do you believe this to be true?

I do have a couple of questions for you:

1) What are your thoughts on party unity -- the idea that a political party should unite around one candidate for an office to which only one person can be elected -- and why do you believe you are the best positioned and best qualified candidate from the Liberty Party to be elected Delegate?

2) Will your positions in other regions leave you enough time to serve as Delegate of TNP?

Unibot:

No, I couldn't give it to him for life if I wanted to either as my successor as delegate would simply remove him if they wished. However presently McMasterdonia is the most skilled candidate, and until he leaves or someone better surfaces he would certainly be high on the list for candidates for the positions.

I will state that griefing and imperialism is not some I would allow, however other levels of raiding could be allowed depending on the situation.

What's the situation? "Raiding" is random and arbitrary invading.. so that would be, every situation? Unless you meant politically-justified invading. In which case, what do you have in mind. Enemies of the state? Nazis?

Those would certainly be two situations where it would be justified, however as for other situations I would have to discuss that with the MoD and speak about his/her preferences on the matter.

I actually personally prefer that system to region-wide elections as when everyone may vote you end up with a mass of uninformed votes that don't really have much idea about what the person is really like or their policies, having not interacted with them on the forum, and that makes it much easier for a bad Minister to get onto the Council.

You know.. I've never met the person I voted for to be Prime Minister of Canada in 2011, nor have I taken the initiative to become a member of parliament. I'd still like a vote in the Canadian Election.

However, in NS, I have taken the initiative to become a member of parliament and have met the person I want to vote for delegate.. sure, absolutely. I don't see how my greater knowledge in this situation should alienate the democratic rights for the people who don't become members of parliaments and get to know their leader personally, anymore than my democratic right should be alienated in real-life.

I don't think cabinet-minister elections are necessary.. they aren't in real life, they're chosen by leaders. But I do think the delegate should be chosen by the people.
The delegate isn't chosen by the people as it is so I would not be changing policy there.

I think that compromising my core policies and ideas every time someone objects and throws a fit if I sick to my policies is not the way to go about running any government office.

When your core policies are mandatory lack of punctuation and using less words, I wonder what else you wouldn't compromise and go on a cute, but really unnecessary triad of red font about.
I must ask how you can complain about my use of red to enforce my rulings but not a certain someones immature purple blitz.

Cormac:
I do have a couple of questions for you:

1) What are your thoughts on party unity -- the idea that a political party should unite around one candidate for an office to which only one person can be elected -- and why do you believe you are the best positioned and best qualified candidate from the Liberty Party to be elected Delegate?
Personally I have never really been a huge fan of party unity, especially when only one major party actually exists - it limits candidates for elections and the result is a situation such as the recent election to Vice Delegate - we're we had only one decent candidate.

Cormac:
2) Will your positions in other regions leave you enough time to serve as Delegate of TNP?
Certainly - as I would no longer have the duties of Speaker to attend to then I would have plenty of time.

Mahaj:
your deputy speaker has said that the speaker can set any rules he likes for voting.

Do you believe this to be true?
I don't see what this has to do with a delegate election, but yes that is how the law reads - as long as the RA hasn't already set rules on that area itself, the speaker does have the discretion to set up rules of decorum in that area.

I must ask how you can complain about my use of red to enforce my rulings but not a certain someones immature purple blitz.

I think Grosse's protest is an admirable demonstration of a love for the freedom of expression.

Funny that, given that The Schnauzer once word filtered "Dog" to "God" because he didn't like people using it as an informal nickname.

But I admire his sudden dedication to freedom of expression, specifically when it directly benefits him.

Blue Wolf II:
Funny that, given that The Schnauzer once word filtered "Dog" to "God" because he didn't like people using it as an informal nickname.

But I admire his sudden dedication to freedom of expression, specifically when it directly benefits him.
Well, in one case censorship was being used to prevent someone from abusing another person and in another case censorship has been used to nullify the votes of "non-compliant" voters -- reminds me of Republicans arguing for tougher paperwork checks on voters to try to catch the people less inclined to have all their paperwork in order (Democrats).

unibot:
Blue Wolf II:

Well, in one case censorship was being used to prevent someone from abusing another person and in another case censorship has been used to nullify the votes of "non-compliant" voters -- reminds me of Republicans arguing for tougher paperwork checks on voters to try to catch the people less inclined to have all their paperwork in order (Democrats).
I don't see how calling someone Dog is abuse, nor does it allow him to abuse freedom of speech in one case and then try and manipulate it to his benefit in another.

Kingborough:
unibot:
Blue Wolf II:

I don't see how calling someone Dog is abuse, nor does it allow him to abuse freedom of speech in one case and then try and manipulate it to his benefit in another.
I believe a cultural clash is the problem.

If Grosse perceives calling someone, "dog", means a verbal expression in a derogatory, deprecating term, then it is right for him to censor the word.

Apparently, he did not perceive we are not insulted by people mentioning the word, "dog".

If Grosse perceives calling someone, "dog", means a verbal expression in a derogatory, deprecating term, then it is right for him to censor the word.

Apparently, he did not perceive we are not insulted by people mentioning the word, "dog".
I'm sure there are people who would be insulted by him making people call him God too.

Kingborough:

I'm sure there are people who would be insulted by him making people call him God too.
Oh wow, I didn't know he switched all dogs to gods.

Oh man...

Why should we choose you versus the other candidates? What sets you apart and why does TNP need you to lead us?

punk d:
Why should we choose you versus the other candidates? What sets you apart and why does TNP need you to lead us?
Presently TNP relies mainly on political drama to keep the regional forum active, and I feel that while this isn't all bad - it certainly gives us a unique political climate - it however is not great to be our only major attraction. I think that with my background as a roleplayer I can bring cultural ideas to the table, to help encourage games, increase roleplay activity and cultural events, revive private news, etc.

Most of the other candidates are very focused on politicals, military and non-R/D gameplay, and don't have roleplay backgrounds and I think I can bring those qualities to a term as delegate.

Back