People who voted for Eluvatar

I suspect that people would have had several motives:

• For some it may have been hope that Elu will soon return,
    Personal loyalty to and respect for Eluvatar,
    A feeling that after such long service to the region, Eluvatar's delegacy should not end on recall.
    Uncertainty as to the process should the recall pass,
    Prefering the status quo to the turmoil that may follow this recall.
    Suspicion that this recall may be the prelude to a coup,
    Suspicion of Tim personally. To some he seems too ... hungry.
    The feeling that this recall was premature and has been accompanied by an unseemly power-grab and open campaigning before Elu's delegact was even cold in its grave.
    The attitude of some of the pro-recall/Tim supporting people who have openly derided those who voted "nay" at every opportunity. ("Idiot" is among the more minor things I have been called.)
    A humorous desire to see a constitution that is so full of holes play itself out to absurdity

There are probably lots of other reasons.

flemingovia:
I suspect that people would have had several motives:

• For some it may have been hope that Elu will soon return,
    Personal loyalty to and respect for Eluvatar,
    A feeling that after such long service to the region, Eluvatar's delegacy should not end on recall.
    Uncertainty as to the process should the recall pass,
    Suspicion that this recall may be the prelude to a coup,
    Suspicion of Tim personally. To some he seems too ... hungry.
    The feeling that this recall was premature and has been accompanied by an unseemly power-grab and open campaigning before Elu's delegact was even cold in its grave.
    The attitude of some of the pro-recall/Tim supporting people who have openly derided those who voted "nay" at every opportunity. ("Idiot" is among the more minor things I have been called.)
    A humorous desire to see a constitution that is so full of holes play itself out to absurdity

There are probably lots of other reasons.
:agree: that sums it up really

flemingovia:
TNP to a tee.

Heaven forbid the recall should pass - we'd have to have an election and maybe (unlikely, but maybe) we might get a Delegate who actually does their job. Apparently that would be "turmoil"...?

Edit: I guess this is all about Tim, not that I've been around on IRC so maybe there is some weight to those rumours, I can't say. All I can say is that if the guy elected Vice Delegate can't be trusted to be care-taker Delegate during a special election than why on earth was the guy elected Vice Delegate in the first place...? This is basically the only real job the Vice Delegate has.

And if Tim (or anyone else) was to go rogue on assuming the Delegacy, I have a fair amount of faith in the SC to combat that event. With the weight of influence within the SC it's only really a matter of when, not if, a rogue will lose the Delegacy. You'd think people would have learnt that by now.

Please note, I was listing possible reasons above, not necessarily my own reasons for voting against the recall.

Forgot one other possibility:

1. The feeling that this recall furthers the agenda of the Liberty party in TNP, an agenda the voter does not support.

I think it would be the best example of spiting your nose to save your toenail if folks voted against the recall because they dont trust Tim especially if those people are part of the SC. If the whole Devonitians incident demonstrated is that enough high influence people can tap out any usurper.

Further, what the heck are we having elections for if we do not follow their results. Not having an active delegate is not good for the region at all. We can't eject any threat today.Anybody could come with a WA nation today and takeover the delegacy. Sure we'd catch wind to them prior to overtaking the delegacy, but in that scenario wouldn't Tim have the lawful right to be the person whom everybody would endorse?

We need a delegate and Eluvatar has been absent from his nation too long. And if it was me in the del chair, I'd hope people would recall my a-- too.

King Durk the Awesome:
What were you thinking? He does this all the time pretty much. Not trying to troll, just wondering.
Not to be mean or anything, I think it was because I didn't want to vote for you.

Back