If ya smeellll what the Rock is cooking

punk d

TNPer
-
-
Alright - I feel we're just about at that moment when a true coup occurs. I can already feel some of the behind the scenes machinations going on right now. Is it me, just being a paranoid old fart, or is the continual internal strife just the foreshadowing of a true coup?

I'm concerned.

punk d:
Alright - I feel we're just about at that moment when a true coup occurs. I can already feel some of the behind the scenes machinations going on right now. Is it me, just being a paranoid old fart, or is the continual internal strife just the foreshadowing of a true coup?

I'm concerned.
I've been here since July and "continual internal strife" seems to be fairly typical of TNP. But if you're concerned someone is going to coup -- which seems like a paranoid and baseless accusation that actually serves to enhance internal strife -- perhaps you should indicate who you believe is preparing to coup and what evidence you actually have for that accusation.

The conveniently absent Delegate definitely contributes to a feeling of deja vu. Of course, nine years in, everything that happens is accompanied with a sense of deja vu.

I don't think he's accusing anyone lol. Just commenting based on his past experience. :P

I think it's normal to feel a bit uneasy in these situations. If the delegate is recalled, special elections will be held, and things shall continue on as normal.

That is if everyone behaves, and maybe JAL should be put in a cage for a bit.

Cormac Stark:
punk d:

I'm concerned.
I've been here since July and "continual internal strife" seems to be fairly typical of TNP. But if you're concerned someone is going to coup -- which seems like a paranoid and baseless accusation that actually serves to enhance internal strife -- perhaps you should indicate who you believe is preparing to coup and what evidence you actually have for that accusation.
May 2012. Why is this date important, Cormac? It's the month you joined TNP. Check the timeframe I joined this forum, it predates you by a number of years.

See, I may be paranoid but I've seen coups in this region before and those coups are usually predated by the type of things we're going through right now. I specifically recall the pre-Moldavi(TheMinister) timeframe with Cathhy, however you spelled her name. I recall the strife, and as a relative noobie at that time I didn't think there would be a coup. But Cathhy broked down and handed her nation to TheMinister and then we had a fun time with that. Honestly, Grosse's, imo, power mongering is the first time i can recall since Twoslit where there was such distrust in the root admin. And I never would have believed Grosse would be the recipient of such feelings...so I worry someone will coup the region, move the forums, and force change on the region.

More recently I think about the time I was part of a coup within TNP with Westwind in 2008. TNP is THE feeder known for the number of coup attempts that the region faces. I might be being paranoid but it is certainly not baseless and I didn't mention any specific person. I didn't mention a specific person because I don't have a clue who is plotting if there is a plot. But, call it a gut feeling, call it knowing what's happened in this region, call it whatever you want but...i don't have a good feeling.

I also think you should read the comments of Flem & Blackshear who have been in this region longer than I have. Old fogies may be old, but one thing they aren't is stupid and I have an eerie sense of, as Blackshear put it, deja vu.

But I hope I am wrong and hope that if Eluvatar is recalled for being absent we elect a leader that will stave off a coup.

Punk, it isn't paranoia.

TNP is vulnerable because we are a freedom-loving, open and accepting kind of place. It's a land of opportunity, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Unfortunately, some nations over the years have taken the opportunities given them and have failed miserably at advancing the well-being of the community.

Well it just wouldn't be TNP without a group of people believing a coup is nigh. That being said, perhaps we should offer some reforms to our Co5?

What reforms do you think are needed to the Co5?

Recently we have made a few reforms, but decided to leave some until after the recall is sorted, and following that either the continuance of government by Eluvatar or the special election.

Great Bights Mum:
Punk, it isn't paranoia.

TNP is vulnerable because we are a freedom-loving, open and accepting kind of place. It's a land of opportunity, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Unfortunately, some nations over the years have taken the opportunities given them and have failed miserably at advancing the well-being of the community.
THIS!!!!!!

Honestly, you can't.... not.... predict what doesn't happen. For me, it goes in and out.

mcmasterdonia:
What reforms do you think are needed to the Co5?

Recently we have made a few reforms, but decided to leave some until after the recall is sorted, and following that either the continuance of government by Eluvatar or the special election.
Can you tell us the reforms, councillor?

I have the feeling too Punk, I don't know if it'll be a coup but something big, there's too much conflict and tension for something big NOT to happen.

Venico M. Stark:
I have the feeling too Punk, I don't know if it'll be a coup but something big, there's too much conflict and tension for something big NOT to happen.
:agree: But is it necessarily a bad thing? We can turn all this energy into something good...

It's not paranoia it's experience but what you really have to watch for is the quiet. That's when you know something's coming.

punk d:

I'm concerned.
Perhaps this is just me, a youngster in this large region being optimistic about the matter... okay it is.

I am concerned that others outside the RA and the forums may take advantage of the situation if the absence of the delegate is not addressed sometime very soon. I am also concerned that the system may break as a result of this large absence.

However, I do not think this is the likely outcome. I see right now there are a lot of old members of the North Pacific and I have doubts they will allow TNP to fall to unlawful tyranny without resisting heavily first. I do believe that action needs to be taken in regards to the activity of the delegate , but I will not subscribe to an ideology of fear and doubt against others.

Fear and doubt leads to mistrust. Mistrust leads to scapegoating. Scapegoating leads to McCarthyism.

New Kervoskia:
It's not paranoia it's experience but what you really have to watch for is the quiet. That's when you know something's coming.
Exactamundo.

...It is harder to sustain a coup these days though. Way too many high influenced nations that can win a war of attrition. Just ask Sedge.

Back