Govindia for Attorney General

Govindia

TNPer
I am running for Attorney General.

I have a firm sense of justice, but I am also very fair and reasonable in this area.

I will help to ensure legitimate cases are heard where they have merit and will make sure the attorney general's office is efficient and effective.

Additionally, I will see about implementing a form of arbitration or civil mediation office to settle civil disputes and ease the caseload from the AG's docket. Flemingovia actually had a good idea with his Fiqh court system and I'd like to see it implemented into TNP's legal system.

Vote for me, Govindia, for Attorney General.

I will take questions at this time.

I have a question for you as a candidate for Attorney General - what will your stance be on the half a dozen cases which were blocked by former Attorney General Grosseschnauzer and have now faded away. A motion has been made by Blue Wolf for these cases to be reinstated, what will your position be on that?

I will review each of these cases and since there is no law currently to allow me to decide if they're worth going to trial, I will bring them to the court, explain the information, and let the court decide if each case is going to be trial worthy.

So in short, these cases will be brought to court for review sir.

I hope I have answered your question :)

When my sister got married my Dad made a speech, as is the custom in our culture. He said something like she has always had a strong sense of justice, she would speak up if something was unfair. I believe the reality is she just wants her own way all the time. I don't think you can persuade me that this is not the case with you.

Why should I vote for you? Many in this region dislike you, however, would you still treat them fairly in court? How can I be confident that it isn't a case of "easier said then done" with you?

Chasmanthe:
When my sister got married my Dad made a speech, as is the custom in our culture. He said something like she has always had a strong sense of justice, she would speak up if something was unfair. I believe the reality is she just wants her own way all the time. I don't think you can persuade me that this is not the case with you.
I beg your pardon?

Camwood:
Camwood
Yesterday, 1:40 PM
Why should I vote for you? Many in this region dislike you, however, would you still treat them fairly in court? How can I be confident that it isn't a case of "easier said then done" with you?

I am a Libra, I judge both sides and make my decision according to the facts. If they brought a case before me, regardless of who it is, I will still abide by the law and send the case to court for review.

I know how to conduct myself as a professional and leave my personal feelings at the door. If people wish to file a complaint for me to send the court, I will review it and send it to the court to see if it is trial-worthy, as the law dictates.

I have a question (albeit as a new member, my question probably means very little):

You say you'd lighten the AG's load by various measures. What are some benefits for this other than making your job easier? It seems to me that officials shouldn't be focused only on making their jobs easier when they make decisions.

Govindia:
I am a Libra,
According to myth, the libra is said to contain no bright stars. ;)

I'm a libra too, as a matter of fact. Are we both talking about this same libra?
Welsh Cowboy:
(albeit as a new member, my question probably means very little)
Untrue, and it was a good question to boot. Whether Govindia chooses to care about your influence is not my concern; come over to my manifesto anytime :)

Welsh Cowboy:
I have a question (albeit as a new member, my question probably means very little):

You say you'd lighten the AG's load by various measures. What are some benefits for this other than making your job easier? It seems to me that officials shouldn't be focused only on making their jobs easier when they make decisions.
It will allow me to focus on the criminal cases and have civil cases dealt with in a form of mediation. Most civil disputes can be easily resolved that way and free up court and AG assets to focus on more pressing cases.

I hope that answers your question :)

Govindia:
Welsh Cowboy:

It will allow me to focus on the criminal cases and have civil cases dealt with in a form of mediation. Most civil disputes can be easily resolved that way and free up court and AG assets to focus on more pressing cases.

So you consider civil cases to be less important?

Welsh Cowboy:
Govindia:
Welsh Cowboy:

So you consider civil cases to be less important?
Incorrect.

I feel that civil cases should be approached differently, via civil mediation to settle disputes.

Good luck to all the candidates and I hope you will vote for me Govindia, for Attorney General! I will make sure the office is taken seriously and that I will follow the law!

Back