ARCHIVED: Map based roleplay

(THIS RULES ARE NOT COMPLETE /OR DEPRECATED VISIT THIS THREAD FOR THE CURRENT SET OF RULES>> http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7107872/)

Well I've gotten a few requests for this. I thought it would be a good idea to have. What are a few rules for roleplay that has to do with the official map?

FAQ:

Can I claim unclaimed land on the map?

The short answer is yes, but I do have a few rules. First off, you must be able to justify this claim via roleplay. Not "just cuz". Second off, this claim must be of reasonable size. I have these limitations to prevent nations from claiming the whole map. I want room for new guys as well.

What tech period is the 'official map' on?

The official map is on modern (1985-Present) tech.

How realistic do roleplays have to be?

I strive for realism, but I understand that some people just aren't huge on in depth realism. None the less, I expect abidance to the laws of nature. No nation is perfect, and no nation has fifty million soldiers. Your statistics, at the very least, should be realistic. Feel free to consolidate me on this matter.

I want to go to war with someone. Can I just make a roleplay and invade them?

While you can do this, it is bad etiquette. I strongly encourage you to at least inform and gain consent from the opposing party before declaring war. I won't acknowledge godmods.

On the note of wars and conflicts, I also expect abidance with the laws of nature and common sense.

Where is this map?

The North Pacific map

Do you have a compilation thread for all factbooks?

We're working on it. We encourage all RPing nations to add a link to their factbook for quick reference.

Factbook Compilation Thread

I'll add more questions if I get more frequently asked questions.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

In order to assist people participating in the map, I have compiled this information:

Active conflicts:

None at this time.

Current negotiations:

The Galt Conference
-An effort for a combined coalition of democracies throughout the North Pacific

Current alliances:

None known at this time.

Prolonged points of conflict:

None known at this time.

I believe Jeikeu is has some form of alliance with Kingborough... supporting the war on mcmasterdonia in exchange for ceding the island to Jeikeu.

I'd consider that a coalition, because that is only for one conflict. No long term alliance has been established.

Back