ARCHIVED: Founding of a new nation

fypap3.jpg

After sailing for miles across the North Pacific Sea for five years we finally land at this strange land called Chasmanthe. After staying in Chasmanthe for a few days we set sail to the south and after passing two seafaring nations, Prince Jeikeu finally decided to land on a peninsula. After settling along the coast of the peninsula and meeting our closest neighbors, Kingsborough and Ehlnar, we have decided to send an emissary back to Chasmanthe to formally ask to become an ally.

Diplomatic Letter:
To: The Dominion of Chasmanthe
SUBJ: Letter to become an ally

I would like to formally grant you access to the Bay of Jeikeu (body of water next to and surrounding Jeikeu) and grant you crabbing rights, for your protection against foreign invaders via your navy

Signed,
Baron James Hill
Office of The Baron of Foreign Affairs
Coningsstowcliff-on-Wall, The Commonwealth of Principality of Jeikeu

Robin set sail 2 days ago post-haste. There had not been much time to prepare for this trip but the weather had been particularly favorable and there was an air of confidence now, and the crew slightly better disposed to their mission than they had been at first. He climbed the steps and emerged on the deck. Looking out the port side the sun was already up and shining brightly over the Scandigrad Sea. We are not half-way to Jeikeu but we are well on our way. Robin carefully pulled out the envelope that he had been handed by his superiors and extracted the letter explaining the mission:

Diplomatic Letter:
To: The Commonwealth of The Principality of Jeikeu
SUBJ: Regarding your letter to become an ally

Thank you for your interest in our Dominion. May I first congratulate you on the founding of your nation and on your efforts to reach out in the Regional community. This should be emphatically applauded as there is there is a great capacity for it, and I hope they take you to exciting and worthwhile destinations.

In order to respond to your letter I am sending Robin to take this reply over the sea. Unfortunately there has not been a lot of diplomacy and all of our ambassadors are currently on our first foreign mission, into Novare Res. It has been a long time since they departed and we have not heard anything back yet, I do fear for the worst. Luckily Robin was unoccupied. He has no diplomatic experience and no discernable skills whatsoever but he was available at short notice and willing to waive the insurance and the other red tape for passing directly through the exclusion zone. In case he doesn't make it I will send a copy of this letter by telegram.

Regarding the war on mcmasterdonia. We have been following this closely and are particularly concerned for both the stability of mcmasterdonia and the actual direct threat to the ducklings. As you will know, mcmasterdonia will be executing all its ducklings - I'm sure this is a factor in your choice to support Kingborough in an attempt to overthrow the new mcmasterdonia regime.

Chasmanthe cannot commit at this time but we will continue to build relations with The Principality of Jeikeu. You will understand that we might not wish to be seen to be associated with your regime as I get the impression Jeikeu is a slave-state. I appreciate your efforts to raise Jeikeu-awareness intra-regionally, and this goes to show the need for us to better understand your country.

Telegram back if this is quicker (and I won't ramble so much) as events could escalate. Robin will be arriving eventually for face-to-face dealings. If you get sick of him, we don't really want him back so direct him to Scandigrad as we were hoping to establish an embassy there and we have nobody to send now.

Kind Regards,

L. Moore (National MoFA) on behalf of Chasmanthe

Back