Embassy of Unknown

I believe our normal ambassador is unwell IRL atm, so here's the update from me instead.

The Protomen - Hope Rides Alone

Unknown Bloodletter
October 2012 Edition

---

e5015174.gif

---

Directory2.png

Archempress: Elindra Kshrlmnt Dion Diablessa

The Voice: Kknight
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Avakael
Minister of Internal Affairs: Sanguinius
Minister of Logistics: Erebos Janmaren
High Archbishop: Joshuahood

---

Internal2.png

Coming soon, there will be some interesting changes to internal Unknown cultural functions. These changes are for two purposes; firstly, to see if we can boost activity in alternative ways- and secondly, to see just how many other region's cultural ideas we can rip off at once. This tally is currently up to 5 or 6 different regions and we're only halfway towards implementation. When we put everything into full swing at once, we'll invite everyone to come by and join the fun (or complain about the theft of intellectual property).

---

EnlistmentCitAmb2.png

Today, we'd like to diverge from the usual content of hatred of whatever region we particularly dislike at this very present moment and present a documentary on an issue that we've considered very important and is not at all something we've written something as a sarcastic joke to fill space in an otherwise irritating and vapid regional newsletter.

It's been a few weeks now since the UDL opened up its doors to raiders who wished to defend on a part time basis. This has been hailed by many people (read: nobody we can think of at this very moment) as a major step forward in ending segregation and discrimination in defender organizations against raiders. Raiders are able to freely mingle with defenders in the UDL without fear of persecution by the authorities, the world looks forward to some kind of returning apology and union between raiders and defenders, and Unibot, the genius who thought of it all, is showered with all the love and praise he deserves.

But these changes were not matched on the raider side of the border. Defenders have long faced all sorts of horrible and inhumane torture at the hands of raider governments. Unknown is one such raider region with a long and proud history of vicious treatment of defenders, often for little more than entertainment. But this has changed. One week ago, without any announcement at all, the region of Unknown opened to all on both sides.

We gave it a few days, of course, and then we went and interviewed completely random people we could find on the street. We wanted to get a feel for what the new locals thought about their newfound rights. We'll start with Anne, the first person we met on the street. Dressed in all black (and deliberately making a point to us that it was indeed BLACK, and not navy blue), Anne imparted her thoughts to us- that she was right at home.

"It's great. It's what I've been missing this whole time- a dark, brooding place for where I can be the emotional wreck that I truly am. I wondered into the arts section and found multiple brilliant poets and writers. There's this one guy, called Erebos, and he has the sexiest face I've ever seen, and writes amazing stories- I'm just too shy to talk to him just yet. The Archempress mingles with us in public, making all sorts of obscure literary references to music that nobody but me and her have ever heard of and I love it. I can sit here with my tablet PC and make entries to my Livejournal (OMG LIVEJOURNAL IS UNMETERED BTW), and nobody says a word. The slight desaturation naturally occurring absolutely everywhere just adds to the atmosphere. It's wonderful, I'm never leaving."

Others have found interest in other areas, such as the armed forces. We move on now to Zack, a proud newly accepted recruit into the Incognitan legions.

"I've been in the UDL for 6 months, but I didn't realize this place was such a perfect fit. When I signed up to join the army, I was worried that I'd have to learn a completely new way of operating. But as it turns out, raiding and defending are actually pretty much the same thing, and on top of their guides for normal recruits, the officers have stolen the UDL's instructional guides and reworded them to ideologically support raiding. All I had to learn about was stealth! Nobody in here has to travel to the technical forum to complain about anything ever, which is awesome, except for Klaus because he makes money from it. That combined with the fact that I'll likely never have to grab paint rollers and detag another region again is like a dream come true!"

In addition, a couple of hard core roleplayers have been very impressed with the local offering of in context affairs. We found Harold leaving the Carnival of Blood, who had the following to say.

"Whew! That was intense. I'm normally used to all sorts of crazy nation based roleplaying, what with the economic stuff and the wars and the amazing storylines and the like. I just got drunk on free wine that they're calling blood, at least I think it was just wine being called blood, and I wandered into this mirror maze, and got lost for 4 hours and it's not nation roleplaying but it's kind of the same thing, right?"

We've been very heartened by these reactions to what Unknown has to offer to defenders, and we hope to see more of you coming by.

Also, if you thought this article wasn't serious, then you're wrong. It is serious! But it's also just a trap to capture defenders to harvest their organs, so you're kind of right, but you're also completely wrong, and as a result, are required to drink the water.

---

Carnivalofblood.png

The carnival seems to still be alive after a couple of months now, so we've elected to keep it around on a permanent basis. Swing by at any time to check it out!

---

RaidNews.png

We didn't raid this month. We brought a new air force instead, though! We used it to provide support in Hippiedom, Hell, and the Eastern Islands of Dharma.

VlpDu.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

---

This update was brought to you by;
Avakael
Elindra

Incogeagle1.png

We welcome pretty much anyone who has not been previously expelled from our forums or those of our friends, such as the Alliance of Queens.

Elindra Kshrlmnt:
We welcome pretty much anyone who has not been previously expelled from our forums or those of our friends, such as the Alliance of Queens.
You're then saying I'm not allowed?

If you are banned from either of those forums, it is pretty obvious you would not be allowed. I'm surprised you even asked.

The Party has started already, everyone is on board. Late arrivals may be flown in, so head on over and check it out if you are interested.

Back