Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Category: Liberation
Nominee (region): Hippiedom
Proposed by: Strawberrry Fields

Liberate Hippiedom:
Description: The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING Hippiedom as a peace-loving region home to many nations over the year since its founding in 2005,

CONCERNED by the recent invasion of Hippiedom by the hostile region of The Black Hawks on September 22nd, 2012,

NOTING that the occupation of Hippiedom has been reinforced by The Black Riders, The Land of Kings and Emperors, and The New Inquisition,

RECALLING that similar circumstances, with a various number of these same organizations, has prompted liberations before; such as Liberate Free Thought (SC#14), Liberate Region of reunited muslim states (SC#88), Liberate Christmas (SC#95) and Liberate Catholic (SC#80), among others,

DISTRESSED that on September 25th, 2012, a password was imposed by the occupation force, preventing access to Hippiedom, violating native rights, threatening the destruction of the region, and denying residents the ability to call for assistance in saving their home,

AWARE that the invasion utilized a sleeper nation, allowing the raiders to password the region with relative ease,

DEEPLY DISTRAUGHT by potential further damage that could be done to the region under The Black Hawks occupation,

BELIEVING that every region deserves the opportunity for sovereignty over administration and freedom of movement,

STRIVING to prevent the foreign-imposed transformation of Hippiedom into a "trophy-region",

AFFIRMING the residents, including the native former delegate proposing this resolution, desire to free their homeland from these aggressive invaders,

HEREBY liberates the region of Hippiedom.
Co-Authored by Mahaj, Unibot II, and Eluvatar

mowa-seal.png
The resolution, Liberate Hippiedom, recognizes the following facts:

1. The region was raided on September 22nd by The Black Hawks.

2. The region was piled by endorsers from other raider regions like The Black Riders, The New Inquisition, and The Land of Kings and Emperors

3. The region was passworded on September 25th.

4. This short time frame was enabled due to the use of a sleeper nation by The Black Hawks, whereby they accumulated influence.

The resolution cites as precedent previous liberation resolutions prompted by The Black Hawks, and in its hope to prevent Hippiedom from becoming another trophy region, liberates it.

What we need to consider is whether regions have rights. While regions aren’t equal in terms of their size, or their stature, they are equal in terms of their fundamental, basic, rights. Included among these might be the right to control or administration, and the right to movement.

While the game may differentiate in some regions in terms of their functions, each region is comprised of the same thing: people, who have grouped together for community. These people deserve to be treated equal: Therefore: If you support the right for The North Pacific’s democratically elected leader to have access to the delegacy, you should support that right in Hippiedom as well. If you believe that the North Pacific ought to be a place where nations can freely move back and forth, then you should support that right in Hippiedom. To do otherwise would be immensely hypocritical, or at the very least delusional. If you subscribe to this notion, you would vote aye.

Of course, conversely, if you do not believe that The North Pacific should have these rights, you’d presumably also believe that Hippiedom should not have these rights either, and you would vote nay.

Tim:
I oppose for obvious reasons.

And I oppose Liberation proposals, in general.
Tim Against
Blue Wolf II:
Blue Wolf II Against
flemingovia:
I support this proposal.
Northern Flemingovia For
Chasmanthe:
Chasmanthe [NPA] Against
Thomas Insaniac:
Eastern Hungry [NPA] For

SC Resolution at Vote: Liberate Hippiedom
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6964356/

2 for (Northern Flemingovia, Eastern Hungry [NPA]);
3 against (Tim, Blue Wolf II, Chasmanthe [NPA]);
0 abstain;
0 present

To vote one must have a WA nation in TNP or be a member of NPA. I vote for if most of the votes are in for, and against if most of the votes are against. I don't count "present" votes as votes for this. This means that a vote for abstain is a vote against my voting either way.

As it stands I will vote against this resolution.

I acknowledge the opinions of those opposed but respectfully, I wish to support this proposal accordingly.

Let it be noted that:
A) I believe that Mahaj should not have been the one to do the write up for this proposal.
B) I support this not because of the authors but because I do believe in sustaining and maintaining the individual communities within nationstates.

Accordingly - I vote aye.

Eluvatar:
Tim:

Tim: Against
Blue Wolf II:
Blue Wolf II: Against
flemingovia:
I support this proposal.
Northern Flemingovia: For
Chasmanthe:
Chasmanthe [NPA]: Against
Thomas Insaniac:
Eastern Hungry [NPA]: For
Cormac Docherty:
Abstain.

For now.
Cormac Stark [NPA]: Abstain
Kiwi:
I acknowledge the opinions of those opposed but respectfully, I wish to support this proposal accordingly.

Let it be noted that:
A) I believe that Mahaj should not have been the one to do the write up for this proposal.
B) I support this not because of the authors but because I do believe in sustaining and maintaining the individual communities within nationstates.

KiwiTaicho [NPA]: For
Ravania:
Ravania Aquilonia [NPA]: For
Kogvuron:
Hoennikeropolis [NPA]: For
Drugged Monkeys:
Drugged Monkeys TNP [NPA]: For

6 for (Northern Flemingovia, Eastern Hungry [NPA], KiwiTaicho [NPA], Ravania Aquilonia [NPA], Hoennikeropolis [NPA], Drugged Monkeys TNP [NPA]);
1 abstain;
0 present

To vote one must have a WA nation in TNP or be a member of NPA. I vote for if most of the votes are in for, and against if most of the votes are against. I don't count "present" votes as votes for this. This means that a vote for abstain is a vote against my voting either way.

As it stands I will vote for this resolution.

Tim:

Blue Wolf II:
flemingovia:
I support this proposal.
Chasmanthe:
Thomas Insaniac:
Cormac Docherty:
Abstain.

For now.
Kiwi:

Let it be noted that:

Ravania:
Kogvuron:
Drugged Monkeys:
Romanoffia:
Novare Res: For

7 for (Northern Flemingovia, Eastern Hungry [NPA], KiwiTaicho [NPA], Ravania Aquilonia [NPA], Hoennikeropolis [NPA], Drugged Monkeys TNP [NPA], Novare Res);
1 abstain (Cormac Stark [NPA]);
0 present

As it stands I will vote for this resolution.

Tim:

Blue Wolf II:
flemingovia:
I support this proposal.
Chasmanthe:
Thomas Insaniac:
Cormac Docherty:
Abstain.

For now.
Kiwi:

Let it be noted that:

Ravania:
Kogvuron:
Drugged Monkeys:
Romanoffia:
mcmasterdonia:
mcmasterdonia [NPA]: For

8 for (Northern Flemingovia, Eastern Hungry [NPA], KiwiTaicho [NPA], Ravania Aquilonia [NPA], Hoennikeropolis [NPA], Drugged Monkeys TNP [NPA], Novare Res, mcmasterdonia [NPA]);
0 present

Zemnaya Svoboda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Hippiedom".

Tim:

Blue Wolf II:
flemingovia:
I support this proposal.
Chasmanthe:
Thomas Insaniac:
Cormac Docherty:
Abstain.

For now.
Kiwi:

Let it be noted that:

Ravania:
Kogvuron:
Drugged Monkeys:
Romanoffia:
mcmasterdonia:
Grosseschnauzer:
For the SC resolution
Grosseschnauzer: For
Deutronesia:
Deutronesia: For
Gladio:
Gladio [NPA]: For
The Crowned Stag:
Re: Current Resolution at Vote: Liberate Hippiedom

Aye
The Crowned Stag: For

12 for (Northern Flemingovia, Eastern Hungry [NPA], KiwiTaicho [NPA], Ravania Aquilonia [NPA], Hoennikeropolis [NPA], Drugged Monkeys TNP [NPA], Novare Res, mcmasterdonia [NPA], Grosseschnauzer, Deutronesia, Gladio [NPA], The Crowned Stag);
0 present

Still voting for.

If I were able to vote, I'd vote against simply because of the unnecessary patting on the back in the list of coauthors.

Tim:

Blue Wolf II:
flemingovia:
I support this proposal.
Chasmanthe:
Thomas Insaniac:
Cormac Docherty:
Abstain.

For now.
Kiwi:

Let it be noted that:

Ravania:
Kogvuron:
Drugged Monkeys:
Romanoffia:
mcmasterdonia:
Grosseschnauzer:
For the SC resolution
Deutronesia:
Gladio:
The Crowned Stag:

Aye

mkarim:
i support this proposal !
Everywheristan: For
Mall:
If I were able to vote, I'd vote against simply because of the unnecessary patting on the back in the list of coauthors.
-
Detbyron:
God n Country n Byron: Against
Chairman of FCPR:
I strongly agree with the words of the Deputy Speaker.

Aye
Redanda: For
punk d:
-

14 for (Northern Flemingovia, Eastern Hungry [NPA], KiwiTaicho [NPA], Ravania Aquilonia [NPA], Hoennikeropolis [NPA], Drugged Monkeys TNP [NPA], Novare Res, mcmasterdonia [NPA], Grosseschnauzer, Deutronesia, Gladio [NPA], The Crowned Stag, Everywheristan, Redanda);
4 against (Tim, Blue Wolf II, Chasmanthe [NPA], God n Country n Byron);
0 present

Still voting for.

Tim:

Blue Wolf II:
flemingovia:
I support this proposal.
Chasmanthe:
Thomas Insaniac:
Cormac Docherty:
Abstain.

For now.
Kiwi:

Let it be noted that:

Ravania:
Kogvuron:
Drugged Monkeys:
Romanoffia:
mcmasterdonia:
Grosseschnauzer:
For the SC resolution
Deutronesia:
Gladio:
The Crowned Stag:

Aye

mkarim:
i support this proposal !
Everywheristan: For
Mall:
-
Detbyron:
God n Country n Byron: Against
Chairman of FCPR:
I strongly agree with the words of the Deputy Speaker.

Aye
Redanda: For
punk d:
-
Kloogoos:
We are in favor.
Kloogoos: For
Scandigrad:
Scandigrad [NPA]: For
Koteris:
Zemnaya Svoboda,

I'm voting for. :) Thanks for the extra information on this issue.

Koteris
Koteris: For

17 for (Northern Flemingovia, Eastern Hungry [NPA], KiwiTaicho [NPA], Ravania Aquilonia [NPA], Hoennikeropolis [NPA], Drugged Monkeys TNP [NPA], Novare Res, mcmasterdonia [NPA], Grosseschnauzer, Deutronesia, Gladio [NPA], The Crowned Stag, Everywheristan, Redanda, Kloogoos, Scandigrad [NPA], Koteris);
4 against (Tim, Blue Wolf II, Chasmanthe [NPA], God n Country n Byron);
0 present

Still voting for.

After careful consideration I vote aye, however I would like to note my objection to the blatant insults made towards those who might have the audacity to disagree with the majority in our democratic system.

The Security Council resolution Liberate Hippiedom was passed 7,800 votes to 1,718.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back