FOIA Request Re: Appointment of Deputies since August CO5 Election

Govindia

TNPer
Apparently there have been some appointments made privately to various people within the new Council of Five under your delegacy since the elections in August.

In the interest of transparency and accountability, I am formally requesting all appointments of deputies that were made privately to be publicly announced here or in their respective ministries.

Appointing people via PM or IRC does not count as a legitimate appointment since there was not an announcement made about their appointment that discussed their credentials and IRC is not recognised under TNP law as a form of official government communications.

I also request, that in line with TNP law, all Deputies swear their oath since they are government officials and to ensure that they are members of the Regional Assembly.

Thank you.

Govindia:
Tim:
Tim has appointed Belschaft as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.
when was this and on what merits was he appointed?
Since you insist that we officially do it, I am doing it right here in this thread as Eluvatar has directed.

The decision was made in the publicly viewable Council of Five Cabinet meeting.

I do not believe I have to tell you on what merits I have chosen my Deputy Minister.

I have taken the appropriate oath. Thank you for reminding me about it Gov.

As for your question as to why Tim appointed me, I believe the technical term is 'cronyism'. Or maybe it has something to do with the vast experience I have in NS Gameplay, ranging from Foreign Affairs, to Defending, to being a Feeder Delegate, to Raiding, to writing legislation, to serving as legal counsel?

Nah. Definitely cronyism.

To put it more simply. I believed that Belschaft had the sufficient experience to do a strong job as Deputy Minister.

Tim:
Govindia:
Tim:
Tim has appointed Belschaft as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.
when was this and on what merits was he appointed?
Since you insist that we officially do it, I am doing it right here in this thread as Eluvatar has directed.

The decision was made in the publicly viewable Council of Five Cabinet meeting.

I do not believe I have to tell you on what merits I have chosen my Deputy Minister.
IRC is not recognised as official form of government communications and announcements. Only the forum and the RMB/ WFE are.

Scandigrad is continuing in the position. I believe he already posted the oath a while back, and shouldn't have to do so again.

I will be announcing major appointments to the Flemingovian hierocracy and two major new innovations for the region brought to you by the Flemingovian religion. This will bring major improvements to the life of our region, particularly in the area of justice.

I will be making this annoucement later this evening, around 10pm British Summer Time.

This announcement will be made on irc, in the #tnp channel. Most of you are welcome to come and hear it.

While your request was perfectly valid Govindia, I would ask that you please be polite and respectful in your questions. This is exactly what I meant in your campaign post when I said you were argumentative.

flemingovia:
I will be announcing major appointments to the Flemingovian hierocracy and two major new innovations for the region brought to you by the Flemingovian religion. This will bring major improvements to the life of our region, particularly in the area of justice.

I will be making this annoucement later this evening, around 10pm British Summer Time.

This announcement will be made on irc, in the #tnp channel. Most of you are welcome to come and hear it.
Announcements were made as promised.

Flemingovia: the God who keeps his promises.

I don't think Unibot is really appropriate considering his resignation prompted the need for the Co5 election in the first place.

His resignation in itself was indicative of his guilt in the matter in general.

But it is the current Minister's prerogative, of course. I would just like this to be noted for future reference.

Fabulous Francoist:
Someone slap me with a Village Idiot mask already I think I'm suffocating.
I would gladly suffocate you.

I would like to say that I personally believed that the intent of including deputy minister's into this council of five was to increase participation and give newer members the opportunity to get some experience and to get involved in tnp's political process.

There are many new members to TNP, who I believe are more than willing and able to serve our cabinet as Deputy Minister if they are given the opportunity. One of the key benefits of the Delegate appointing the Cabinet was that they were able to make this call. Blue Wolf gave me the opportunity to serve as his Defence Minister, I was new at the time and inexperienced. I am thankful that he gave me that opportunity, and I am lucky to still be serving in that role.

While I agree that Belschaft and Unibot are both knowledgeable and experienced appointments, I am saddened that that some of the new, active and eager to serve members of the region were overlooked in this process. "So be it".

Kiwi:
I don't think Unibot is really appropriate considering his resignation prompted the need for the Co5 election in the first place.

But it is the current Minister's prerogative, of course. I would just like this to be noted for future reference.
I chose Unibot purely because of his prowess in the World Assembly. I felt that his presence and contributions to this department would make the Ministry of the World Assembly much stronger.

Mahaj:
Kiwi:

I chose Unibot purely because of his prowess in the World Assembly. I felt that his presence and contributions to this department would make the Ministry of the World Assembly much stronger.
With all due respect Mahaj, that doesn't really address the concern at hand, does it?

We have never required ministers to justify their choices beforehand - and believe me, we have had some odd choices in the past. Generally speaking, deputies tend to fall into four classes:

1. The chancers, who ask to be deputy before anyone else does, and are appointed because the minister cannot think of anyone else.
2. the newbies, appointed to "blood" them with experience in government.
3. The Old hand, appointed to bring expertese or gravitas to the ministerial team.
4. The crony, appointed because they would work well with the minister.

Kiwi:
While your request was perfectly valid Govindia, I would ask that you please be polite and respectful in your questions. This is exactly what I meant in your campaign post when I said you were argumentative.
KiwiTaicho, this is not the first time people have not made public their announcements without prompting. IRC is not the place to do it. The forum is.

Kiwi:
Mahaj:
Kiwi:

With all due respect Mahaj, that doesn't really address the concern at hand, does it?
Agreed. Unibot was a poor choice sir, with all due respect.

I have to agree with points already raised, Unibot is not an appropriate appointment since he was the one who resigned and caused the election in the first place. Why is he coming back not a month later to take the deputy position of the same ministry he resigned from?

Kingborough:
I have to agree with points already raised, Unibot is not an appropriate appointment since he was the one who resigned and caused the election in the first place. Why is he coming back not a month later to take the deputy position of the same ministry he resigned from?
Because there isn't anyone as experienced in WA affairs in the entire region? Having Unibot in the ministry is better than having him outside of it.

Govindia:
Kiwi:
KiwiTaicho, this is not the first time people have not made public their announcements without prompting. IRC is not the place to do it. The forum is.
There is no law dictating that these announcements must be made on the forums. Only the oaths.

Yeah, if I recall correctly, there was only one person seriously freaking out about appointments via IRC.

Wonder who that could be.

Also, what pledges? Who in the government?

Back