Do we need to re-design this area of the forums?

This is not a decision but a question due to the type of threads that are being created in this area of the forums in the past few weeks.

We have having a lot of threads being created for different things, including, but not limited to the unofficial election process for the Cabinet (the Council of Five) which take place at least once a month, exploratory committees for elections, special elections, not to mention the regularly scheduled elections (which will happen every other month alternating between the general and judicial elections).

And one of the political parties asked for permission to hold primaries in this area.

That is an awful lot of different things overlapping in this one area without any subforums. (And yes, I recognize the next Delegate may or may not keep the Co5 mechanism, and parties may or may not keep having primaries.)

So, should we do so? If so, how should it look? One goal is to try and not affect the main index page beyond a list of subforums associated with the Election Forums.

I think there should be sub-forums for Co5 elections, party primaries (one forum), and then the current forum can remain for normal/special elections.

I agree with Hile. What we're getting right now is a big clutter between Delegacy/Vice and Co5 threads.

I also agree with Hile although I don't think it should be called the co5 in the context of forum labeling. "Cabinet elections" or some such.

I can see both sides of the arguments on the party side of things. Perhaps a poll is appropriate?

Myself I think there should be a "Public Forum" here, and within it there should be an area for Elections, for Parties, and for Religions.

Taking a look at the wiki article on the Roman Forum, it mentions the greek word and its English translation as
plateia (???????)
and that is distinctive enough that it could work as a name for a "Free Speech" area for speech, debate and religion that would encompass those areas and be outside the Port Thel area, and the Magicality City area.

Any better ideas?

The Plateia seems cool.

Magicality City
The Plateia
The Plateia > Elections
The Plateia > Parties
The Plateia > Temple Courts
Regional Assembly

Actually, The Plateia would be after Port Thel and before Magicality City.

I'm not sure about moving the actual elections area, but perhaps campaign and "exploratory" threads? That way we'd have the similar areas under a common roof and the moderation can be handled consistently.

I think one big forum section for elections, plus better descriptive thread titles would be preferable, but ugh, I've always preferred minimal subforums. >_>

Back