Embassy of Nysa

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
The Embassy of Nysa is now open!

Nysa is an active roleplayer region, made up of a splinter group (the Progressives) of the previous Humanitarian League (not defunct). It is a region who boasts a functional democratic government, active forum, IRC and RMB and lots of fun.

Nysa
Forums
Kingborough/Cielomare
Nysa is an active roleplayer region, made up of a splinter group (the Progressives) of the previous Humanitarian League (not defunct). It is a region who boasts a functional democratic government, active forum, IRC and RMB and lots of fun.​

Thank you *takes a bow*. Nysa is honoured to have an embassy with the North Pacific. :)

We will approve an ambassador immediately.

We would like to announce Salvarity (pending a name change, Insaniac) as the Nysan Ambassador to the North Pacific. If you could kindly mask that account here on TNP with diplomatic permissions that would be great.

State of the Region Update #1 - 9th of October 2012

Welcome to the State of the Region 9/10/12 speech thing by myself, - Founder and Vice President of Nysa. Sorry we haven't done this earlier, but real life and stuff.

Nysa has gone through a lot of excitement in its short life (the region now being ) - we've grown fast, and now have an active forum which plays host to our role-plays and the ever churning Parliament, which has so far passed 4 laws and an amendment in a month. I like to think thats good work.

As of the writing of this we have 43 members, which is pretty good and up there with the best of them when it comes to pure role-play regions! But what I think counts most is that lots of fun has been had, and as we've just begun to wrap up our major cross-roleplay story - the Winter Wars, I say we had lots of fun. Details on our IIwiki page.

During our time we've also come up with BertieBot the IRC bot, which while he still requires a server to make him run 24/7 is certainly great fun. And customised for role-play regions as he is, with a function to search iiwiki and to retrieve links for NSdossier and Tracker of Absolution, he works well. Not to mention we all just like asking him to do truth or dare ;) If your now confused, some of you may know of FriarTuck - Bertie is his cousin of sorts, but without the defender tools. :P

Meanwhile, we've welcomed a few new good friends into our region.

To get onto the more official matters, you can find our government below and a few stats;

Government:
President/WA delegate: Battlion
Vice President: Kingborough
Secretary of Defence (rp): Sovreignry
Secretary of Foreign Affairs: Falsea
Chancellor of the Exchequer: [North] Cordillera
Secretary of Justice: Cielomare

Stats:
Nations: 43
Forum Members: 25

Thanks for suffering through my update, and I'll bring you more on our region soon!​

News From Nysa

flagofnysacopy.png

Lot's has taken place this month in Nysa, with constitutional amendments, an anniversary, the foundation of an alliance and the NS World Fair all factoring into events going on the region. Here's our update on it all!

100 Day Anniversary
Nysa successfully celebrated its 100 day anniversary earlier this week, a major milestone for our still young and growing region. As part of the celebrations the President presented a speech and a new forum theme was added with a special 100 day banner.

The President's Speech:
Residents of Nysa, Allies and close friends.

I write this speech today in a time of change and inspiration, it has been 100 days since The Nysan Organisation was formed and we have already set off at high speeds and continue to pick up pace. We are preparing for Presidential Elections in December and our new Supreme Court elections are going to be coming just before then, the commitment to the region by all of you has been outstanding and it makes me proud to say that I had a helping hand in this region and that I was the first President of the Organisation.

We do have hard work to do over the next term, we have the Coalition of Roleplaying Regions finally up in action and we need to promote this in the strongest possible terms to help develop regions who like us are solely dedicated to RP'ing. However it is also our duty to help these regions and that is why the CORR will be used as a tool to develop relations between regions and hopefully a strong presence in the Nationstates equation. But if I may return to the focus on what we have achieved in these 100 days, we have reformed a judical system, Condemned International Violence, Secured Sapient Rights, ammended our constitution AND revolutionised the co-operation between our members. These are all massive achievements and I congratulate every single one of you that has made this happen, and continue to work so hard.

I'd like to recognise a few people that have made significant impacts on the region and deserved to be credited for their work, the first of which is my Vice-President The Archduchy of Kingborough who has constantly kept attention to the region and promoted the CORR. He also works on our region map which expands so often that he hardly gets time to rest and we should credit him for this, he is a constant source of assurance for me and a great advisor who I can always rely upon to give me an impartial decision that he believes is truly the best course of action for the region.

Furthermore I believe that we need to credit my cabinet in office who have worked hard to secure the best interests of the region, this including my past cabinet who worked equally as hard to develop and bring the best outcome to the region at whatever cost they believed to be required. My Cabinet has been the cause of some to have doubts on how it is chosen and has led to calls for the election of each individual post, I have always disagreed with this and will continue to disagree with the removal of this power. This power allows the regional administration to work efficiently and cleanly and avoiding pure scandal and sleaze of being a non-functioning administration.

I now look to the future of this region and my place within it, as previously mentioned in this speech I pointed out the elections in December. It is with saddness that I am here to announce that I shall not be contesting for the Presidency in the next elections, I am not counting myself out of future elections merely the one that is now approaching us. I wish that the new President of The Nysan Organisation the best of luck and will not hesitate to support who is chosen to lead the region, I have reasons for my decision not to contest the Presidency and none of them are down to you and are more focused on the time of year for me and what is going to be required of me in the coming months. It is therefore better for me and the region to have a President who can remain focused and show the commitment needed to lead this region.

My future in this region is not bleak nor disillusioned and I would state now that I am happy to serve in any regional administration if requested to do so, and I am not abandoning my responsibilities as President now. It is my duty to make sure the next elections run smoothly and that the processes outlined in the Constitution are fulfilled.

Thank you all for making my Presidency an exciting experience for me, I remain committed to this region and it's members and will continue to stand up for this region and its interests during my last remaining month. This time next month, there should be a clear outlook at who shall be the next President, be excited Nysan Citizens and Allies!

Change is coming…
~ Battlion

Coalition of Roleplayer Regions
The Nysan Parliament this month passed a bill founding the Coalition of Roleplayer Regions, an alliance of role-player regions built to encourage the existence of close communities of likeminded individuals interested in roleplaying a realistic situation.

The alliance has already welcomed its first member region, The Allied Union and is actively seeking other role-player regions to join.

The NS World Fair 2012
Nysa is overjoyed to be attending the NationStates World Fair 2012, hosting a venue at the events which will be unfolding from the 10th to the 13th of November. As part of this Nysa is hosting two blackjack games in cooperation with the NS Game IRC admins, on #NSdice on the irc.esper.net servers.

More information on the fair can be found here; http://w11.zetaboards.com/2012_NS_World_Fair/index/

Constitutional Amendments
Nysa has seen its first set of constitutional amendments added this month, part of judicial reform which has seen a new independent Supreme Court established.

The newly sworn in Supreme Court Justice's are;
• Iro.
• Belhorizon
• Millerainia.

Farewell to some members
Nysa said farewell to a long time member Egyptos this week, who has chosen to return to his own region the Brotherhood of Muslim Nations. Nysa will sincerely miss him but we look forward to continuing to keep in contact.

Additionally we are dismayed to see Retro Lyra's long time resident nation in Nysa CTE after he vanished from NationStates without explanation and we send our best wishes to the Empire of Friendship and hope they will return soon. We've had lots of fun on the RMB with Lyra.

However we are also happy to see new players still coming to the region.

STATS & GOVERNMENT
Yes, its time for the numbers and all that boring plain fact.

President: Battlion
Vice President: Kingborough
Foreign Secretary: Falsea
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Cordillera Nova
Secretary of Justice: Cielomare
Secretary of Defense: Sovreignry
Supreme Court Justice's:
• Iro
• Belhorizon
• Millerainia

Regional Population: 41
Forum Accounts Registered: 35​

nysachristmas.png

Dear Regions of NS,

Nysa would like to invite people across all regions to the Nysan Christmas Party, to take place from the 16th to the 21st of December in the region of The Holidays and its accompanying forum, which is to be established as a neutral area for people to place a puppet nation through which they can converse on the RMB or join the forum and enjoy the party.

As part of the happenings Nysa will be hosting an IRC channel for the celebrations, several competitions, flag request and making, and visits and talks from dignitaries of other prominent regions and organisations. We hope many will be able to attend this event to celebrate the holidays.

The link to the forum for the celebrations will be released soon.

Due to concerns which may be raised about iP harvesting, we will note that Nysa is a neutral role-play region and that the only admins shall also be neutral persons.

NEWS FROM NYSA

flagofnysacopy.png

*waves* Nysa is still here in the New Year, luckily no rocks fell from the sky to bring the end of the world. You can't get rid of us that easy!

We have had a slow period in the last few months, however the 2nd Nysan Elections did bring a bit of action to the region - Countess Lozac'h of Kingborough narrowly beating Celeste of Cordillera to be elected the 2nd President.

Thanks for reading another News from Nysa, even if this one isn't the longest.

Elections And A New Government

In a very close race Cordillera was narrowly beaten in the race for President of Nysa, Kingborough coming out victorious but a small number of votes. First President Battlion took his retirement from the Presidency after a three month term, remaining World Assembly Delegate of Nysa however and is now the Secretary of Foreign Affairs. At the present time the government is as follows;

Vice President: Cielomare
Secretary of Defense: Sovreignry
Secretary of Justice: Lialoth
Secretary of Foreign Affairs: Battlion
Chancellor of the Exchequer: The Miskito Coast
Minister of IIwiki: Falsea

Laws

Presently in front of the Nysan Parliament is a bill that will see Nysa petition for entry to the Commonwealth of Regions, a cross-regional community and alliance of regions. Additionally the Freedom of Information Act has just passed Parliament, which was proposed to assure the transparency of government in Nysa.

Other
Among over happenings in Nysa has been the updating of our map, which has been extensively updated and improved - among the changes made, the continents of Aureterra and Skein have been merged and the colour scheme has been modified to be more pleasing to the eye. We are also in the middle of hosting a history conference to create a solid regional canon, and have many roleplays undergoing.

Nysa is also happy to have solved some of the hostility with our former sibling region of Noctur, with whom OOC hostilities have been undertaken since the two regions formed out of the Humanitarian League. Happily with the encouragement of Secretary of Foreign Affairs Battlion we have discussed solutions to a peaceful resolution which has ended the former smear campaigns made by both parties.

Stats
Yes, we have to include the boring stuff.

Nations - 42
Forum Members - 47
In-game Embassies - 41
Forum Embassies - 12

At the time of the writing of this, Nysa has existed for 167 days.

Back