Mcmasterdonia: Exploratory Committee

I would like to comment Unibot that your personal attacks against McMasterdonia are uncalled for and overly nasty.

Additionally you like to comment that McMasterdonia is against defenders, yet I am a defender and also one of McMasterdonia's Co5 election opponents - I don't see him attacking me. The only one I really see attacking anyone right now is you Unibot.

Mcmasterdonia, over the few months I have been playing Nationstates, you have been a close friend and a mentor to me. You have assisted me on more than one occasion on making important in-game decisions, and I have seen the finesse with which you handle problems put before you. I feel the region can only move forward with you at the reigns. I believe your points and issues have been clear and concise and you have not promised anything wildly out of reach, things that have been addressed but not followed through with and I can say with confidence that you can get these acted upon. I wish you the best of luck in this election.

unibot:
I think its the exact opposite problem plaguing our cabinet; the only times we were productive were when the doors were closed so that we could actually -talk-. When the cabinet meetings were open, you and Kiwi were on election-mode and basically did not say anything that didn't seem like it was scripted -- we couldn't get anything done when you two were stonecut figures with chiseled platforms and responses.

You could very well win this election, but what the electorate doesn't seem to understand is, you were very much apart of the problem of the dysfunctional nature of our cabinet. More publicity of private conversations in the Cabinet only will fuel your attack ads and divisive political techniques to back-stab cabinet ministers that don't share your political positions. I expect you're pushing for more publicity because it serves you well, you know how to keep your mouth tight to please the electorate -- but make no mistake, nothing gets done with the mindset and words of someone in election-mode. We need someone with some backbone, not afraid to say stuff that might be controversial and a pragmatist. You're nothing but a populist ultimately, who will drag the region down into inactivity, the output of your government: mediocrity which pretends to be in the region's interests, but serves only your popularity and approachability.

I'm glad to see the Progressive Party chose the better candidate, Eluvatar, who has served his region well and been comfortable working with different parties and compromising for the betterment of the region without the need for political drama and burning those who disagree with you or likewise labeling them as "people who aren't looking out for the region's interests". The notion that you could be wrong about what's better for the region and someone else who disagrees with you could actually genuinely care about the region and its interests, is a notion so far removed from you that I fear it would take a rectal examination to find it.
Uh... what? No seriously... what? So you do something wrong and then get caught. You then resign (because lets be honest you knew you couldn't dig your way out of that hole) so that you don't have to deal with the allegations.

Now you come in during the run up to an election, simply to try and ruin McMasterdonia's chances.

*We* were in election-mode? Unibot if I recall correctly you said that you were quote "playing it like a politician" or some such. I don't know about you but I've always been up front about my politics, as has McMasterdonia.

You're the one who gets personal and uses snide insults and attacks. You attack him now simply because you know that it would be unwise for him to fight back.

You know the massive irony of the whole thing though? You pretty much just described Eluvatar. Don't get me wrong, I love Elu - he's been a brilliant delegate and he's a good friend. But he is very careful to not take sides. The perfect example being the R/D issue. He's UDL and defender as far as I know. I doubt most of the region is actually aware of that though.

You were perfectly happy when you had the Co5 stacked in your favour and you could accost him at your leisure in meetings. Now you want Elu to stay as delegate because he's more likely to meet the finer points of whatever agenda you have now.

McMasterdonia, you have my support. I think Eluvatar has done a great job, as evidenced by the activity of the region; but I think you've also done a great job and that it's time for some new leadership.

KiwiTaicho:
unibot:
I think its the exact opposite problem plaguing our cabinet; the only times we were productive were when the doors were closed so that we could actually -talk-. When the cabinet meetings were open, you and Kiwi were on election-mode and basically did not say anything that didn't seem like it was scripted -- we couldn't get anything done when you two were stonecut figures with chiseled platforms and responses.

You could very well win this election, but what the electorate doesn't seem to understand is, you were very much apart of the problem of the dysfunctional nature of our cabinet. More publicity of private conversations in the Cabinet only will fuel your attack ads and divisive political techniques to back-stab cabinet ministers that don't share your political positions. I expect you're pushing for more publicity because it serves you well, you know how to keep your mouth tight to please the electorate -- but make no mistake, nothing gets done with the mindset and words of someone in election-mode. We need someone with some backbone, not afraid to say stuff that might be controversial and a pragmatist. You're nothing but a populist ultimately, who will drag the region down into inactivity, the output of your government: mediocrity which pretends to be in the region's interests, but serves only your popularity and approachability.

I'm glad to see the Progressive Party chose the better candidate, Eluvatar, who has served his region well and been comfortable working with different parties and compromising for the betterment of the region without the need for political drama and burning those who disagree with you or likewise labeling them as "people who aren't looking out for the region's interests". The notion that you could be wrong about what's better for the region and someone else who disagrees with you could actually genuinely care about the region and its interests, is a notion so far removed from you that I fear it would take a rectal examination to find it.
Uh... what? No seriously... what? So you do something wrong and then get caught. You then resign (because lets be honest you knew you couldn't dig your way out of that hole) so that you don't have to deal with the allegations.

Now you come in during the run up to an election, simply to try and ruin McMasterdonia's chances.

*We* were in election-mode? Unibot if I recall correctly you said that you were quote "playing it like a politician" or some such. I don't know about you but I've always been up front about my politics, as has McMasterdonia.

You're the one who gets personal and uses snide insults and attacks. You attack him now simply because you know that it would be unwise for him to fight back.

You know the massive irony of the whole thing though? You pretty much just described Eluvatar. Don't get me wrong, I love Elu - he's been a brilliant delegate and he's a good friend. But he is very careful to not take sides. The perfect example being the R/D issue. He's UDL and defender as far as I know. I doubt most of the region is actually aware of that though.

You were perfectly happy when you had the Co5 stacked in your favour and you could accost him at your leisure in meetings. Now you want Elu to stay as delegate because he's more likely to meet the finer points of whatever agenda you have now.
:agree:

Yea Unibot, you're just being a sore loser because things did not go your way. Deal with it and get over it please.

Mcmasterdonia, you have my support, and my sword.

Govindia:
Mcmasterdonia, you have my support, and my sword.

tumblr_m7w0jzaqtJ1rwpc0uo6_400.gif

Now you want Elu to stay as delegate because he's more likely to meet the finer points of whatever agenda you have now.

Why? What situation was changed in "my" favor, other than the cabinet has less defenders, the region is more divisive on the issue of R and D and you've been removed from the cabinet by the public's choice (the only incumbent to lose his seat this election).

So you do something wrong and then get caught. You then resign (because lets be honest you knew you couldn't dig your way out of that hole) so that you don't have to deal with the allegations.

I was friend of McM's, I talked a lot about some of my personal problems, stuff like feeling unpopular and being treated like a non-TNP citizen. When it became apparent we were politically opposed, he started using personal knowledge like that against me. A month of quiet jabs at the legitimacy and integrity of my TNP citizenry built up, I only blew up when he was cooperating with 10000 Islands and A Mean Old Man to cause political fire around me -- yet there was only one here who was circumventing the Security Council's vote to release this information, talking in quiet deals with A Mean Old Man to coup the region (a longtime enemy of mine who has already admitted to supporting one coup of the North Pacific) by playing 10000 Islands, masquerading as the beloved crusader while he was deep in exploring a personal grudge against his political opponent.

I very much doubt people will actually listen to a dude rambling negatively about a candidate. I think his chances at delegate are pretty good regardless if he loses this election, he's a dark horse candidate who has come out of practically nowhere when he landed on the scene here a year ago and quickly developed a following and picked up a sweet NPA MoD position randomly from the sly Blue Wolf and a seat in the Security Council, quicker than someone can say "W-H-O--A-R-E--Y-O-U-?"7

People love dark horse candidates, since they're the devils they don't even know to be devils. It's ultimately only going to be the people who had to serve in cabinet and oppose him who are going to know the real truth about Mcmasterdonia before he is elected delegate.

*We* were in election-mode? Unibot if I recall correctly you said that you were quote "playing it like a politician" or some such.

Do I look like I'm acting like a politician? A politician withholds aggressive responses to people's candidacy like this, because it inspires defensiveness among the target's supporters or sympathetic bystanders. In other words, withholding negativity is a strategic political game, I'm choosing not to play.

Mostly because I feel playing the political game or not playing it, is futile and I want to say it now.

I don't know about you but I've always been up front about my politics, as has McMasterdonia.

In some senses, you are completely correct. You are up front, you would want us to conduct our meetings in the most public places possible (a stage even), so you can continue the meeting as a election-mode robot, without saying anything outside a platform or a premeditated script. We got nothing done in our meetings till we closed the doors and ironically, you usually just remained silent for most of the closed meetings because you didn't care about getting things done, you cared about looking good in the public records.

You attack him now simply because you know that it would be unwise for him to fight back.

No, it's not so much that it would be unwise for him to fight back as it is, wise for him to not fight back. In the sense that by choosing not to play the political game and shouting here, I'm discrediting myself to a sympathizing crowd without comment from him.

This is exact the sort of slights at one's regional integrity that I've been opposing .. suddenly being the Minister of Intelligence and Lt. in the UDL for over a year now implies a "silent agenda" that he's been keeping from the region. On the contrary, Eluvatar is just someone who tried to remain as impartial in the debate as he could, so both sides of the debate could trust and respect him and he wouldn't alienate either. That's a positive at the end of the day and something we needed.

Yea Unibot, you're just being a sore loser because things did not go your way. Deal with it and get over it please.

Good god, Gov is telling me to get over something. The guy who messaged me everyday for weeks after I banned him from the UDL. Yeah.. okay.. I should get over "it" and leave the elections be.

unibot:
Now you want Elu to stay as delegate because he's more likely to meet the finer points of whatever agenda you have now.

Why? What situation was changed in "my" favor, other than the cabinet has less defenders, the region is more divisive on the issue of R and D and you've been removed from the cabinet by the public's choice (the only incumbent to lose his seat this election).

So you do something wrong and then get caught. You then resign (because lets be honest you knew you couldn't dig your way out of that hole) so that you don't have to deal with the allegations.

I was friend of McM's, I talked a lot about some of my personal problems, stuff like feeling unpopular and being treated like a non-TNP citizen. When it became apparent we were politically opposed, he started using personal knowledge like that against me. A month of quiet jabs at the legitimacy and integrity of my TNP citizenry built up, I only blew up when he was cooperating with 10000 Islands and A Mean Old Man to cause political fire around me -- yet there was only one here who was circumventing the Security Council's vote to release this information, talking in quiet deals with A Mean Old Man to coup the region (a longtime enemy of mine who has already admitted to supporting one coup of the North Pacific) by playing 10000 Islands, masquerading as the beloved crusader while he was deep in exploring a personal grudge against his political opponent.

I very much doubt people will actually listen to a dude rambling negatively about a candidate. I think his chances at delegate are pretty good regardless if he loses this election, he's a dark horse candidate who has come out of practically nowhere when he landed on the scene here a year ago and quickly developed a following and picked up a sweet NPA MoD position randomly from the sly Blue Wolf and a seat in the Security Council, quicker than someone can say "W-H-O--A-R-E--Y-O-U-?"7

People love dark horse candidates, since they're the devils they don't even know to be devils. It's ultimately only going to be the people who had to serve in cabinet and oppose him who are going to know the real truth about Mcmasterdonia before he is elected delegate.

*We* were in election-mode? Unibot if I recall correctly you said that you were quote "playing it like a politician" or some such.

Do I look like I'm acting like a politician? A politician withholds aggressive responses to people's candidacy like this, because it inspires defensiveness among the target's supporters or sympathetic bystanders. In other words, withholding negativity is a strategic political game, I'm choosing not to play.

Mostly because I feel playing the political game or not playing it, is futile and I want to say it now.

I don't know about you but I've always been up front about my politics, as has McMasterdonia.

In some senses, you are completely correct. You are up front, you would want us to conduct our meetings in the most public places possible (a stage even), so you can continue the meeting as a election-mode robot, without saying anything outside a platform or a premeditated script. We got nothing done in our meetings till we closed the doors and ironically, you usually just remained silent for most of the closed meetings because you didn't care about getting things done, you cared about looking good in the public records.

You attack him now simply because you know that it would be unwise for him to fight back.

No, it's not so much that it would be unwise for him to fight back as it is, wise for him to not fight back. In the sense that by choosing not to play the political game and shouting here, I'm discrediting myself to a sympathizing crowd without comment from him.

This is exact the sort of slights at one's regional integrity that I've been opposing .. suddenly being the Minister of Intelligence and Lt. in the UDL for over a year now implies a "silent agenda" that he's been keeping from the region. On the contrary, Eluvatar is just someone who tried to remain as impartial in the debate as he could, so both sides of the debate could trust and respect him and he wouldn't alienate either. That's a positive at the end of the day and something we needed.

Good god, Gov is telling me to get over something. The guy who messaged me everyday for weeks after I banned him from the UDL. Yeah.. okay.. I should get over "it" and leave the elections be.
Uh what? I'm pretty sure the first statement you highlighted explains itself, you want Elu as Delegate because he meets the finer points of your latest agenda. It helps to not just blindly ask questions :)

Yes please. Continue to blame McMasterdonia for all the world's problems. I saw the way you treated him Unibot, in case you have forgotten. If you want to blame anyone, blame yourself for getting nasty when things weren't going your way and people don't follow your point of view.

Looking good in the public records? Unibot if I wanted to look good in the public records, I wouldn't have voted for the closed sessions and I also wouldn't have entered in the Roman saga. I do what I think is right. I'm sorry that this is such a foreign concept to you.

I would like to announce that I will officially be withdrawing from the race for the office of Delegate. This is primarily due to things that will be happening in real life. I will be getting married followed by my honeymoon, which shall occur around the December mark. I cannot in good faith run for the office of Delegate, knowing that at some point I will have sketchy activity for 2 to 3 weeks. It would be out of order and against my conscience.

I want to be 100% clear that this is not due to any outside pressure, it is due entirely to my own plans. Plus the fact that my fiancee would be very upset if I kept logging on to NS during the wedding :P.

I will be a candidate at the next election for Delegate. I will have a free-wa for the next four months, I will continue to work with the NPA and will be able to deploy. I look forward to doing this, as I consider the NPA to be a vital part of the TNP community and strongly wish for it to continue to succeed.

All governments have issues,and no government is perfect, there is no denying that. I believe the same can apply to the current government. I do however believe, that as I withdraw from this race, I can do so knowing that their is still other worthy candidates in the race. Eluvatar and Romanoffia will always do what they believes is right for The North Pacific and will always protect our democratic system and values.

I believe it is accurate to say that in the past four months, Eluvatar and I have been a good team. We do not blindly accept the view of the other. We do not always agree, but often that is the very nature and importance of such political partnerships. By not always agreeing, we allow for the free discussion and flow of ideas, critique and the improvement upon these ideas. I will continue to work with Eluvatar and the Council of Five to improve the region, making government more accountable and transparent, and continuing to work on vital infrastructure and the TNP community.

I fully endorse Eluvatar's campaign for the office of Delegate. I appreciate the support that people have given me, and hope that they are not too disappointed by this decision.

Sure. I got caught up in the campaigning and the sharing of ideas. It was good fun. I forgot to think of my not-as-distant as I thought RL plans until recently :)

And thanks Govindia :)

Back