Motion to Recall Unibot

Cormac

TNPer
TNP Nation
Cormactopia III
Discord
Cormac#0804
Pursuant to Article II, Section 3, Clause 3 of the Constitution of The North Pacific:

3. The Assembly may remove any holder of any elected or appointed office or position by a motion of recall approved by a two-thirds supermajority of the Regional Assembly.
I propose the recall of Unibot and his removal from the Executive Office and his position as Minister of WA Affairs.

As evidenced in this thread, Unibot actively encouraged 10000 Islands first to close its embassy with The North Pacific and then to issue an ultimatum regarding The North Pacific's military policy -- all in an effort to undermine The North Pacific's democratic process and to have his will for The North Pacific's military policy imposed rather than the will of the majority.

This kind of subversive behavior shouldn't be tolerated from an Executive Officer and for this reason Unibot should be recalled.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean with "encouraged 10000 Islands first to close it's embassy with The North Pacific and issue an ultimatum", but Unibut's got zero influence over Co9 decisions in 10ki. The fact that the NPA did some raids would've come to people's attention sooner or later (as shown by the log in the other thread - Wordy already knew) which would've lead to a discussion over what to do about the embassy. When the subject came up I talked with Eluvatar and we managed to settle things, so it's not like Unibot's actions adversely affected relations between TNP and 10ki in this instance.

Ananke, you misunderstand. this is just a tit-for-tat motion. It has nothing to do with 10Ki really.

It's like that scene in the Untouchables:

"You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way!"

Its not about that. Its about the fact that he tells the cabinet one thing, and does the complete opposite behind the scenes. He hoped (obviously in vain) from what I can see from the logs, is that 10ki would send an ultimatum, which would give his claims that the one raid would completely destroy our diplomatic relations with other regions.

Wordy provided the log to me, as she was of the view that it indicated that the UDL had a significant amount of influence over TNP. (Influence over 10ki is obviously in correct). She consented to its release, as we were both of the view that the log could serve as a deterrent to those who think they can promote exterior motives while serving in a position in TNP.

I for one, do not believe that Unibot would have influence over the council of 9 or 10ki. Its what he hoped to achieve from that discussion that concerns me.

The fact is he acted against regional interests, and deliberately sought to encourage and indicated he would privately support the closure of such embassies. Why would one support the closing of embassies with a region we have previously been in good relations with?

Answer: because he knew that this would be the most effective way for him to demand that cabinet comply with his wishes, and put the NPA under pressure more to become 100% defender orientated.

It was part of a wider goal, abuse his authority & position in TNP, pull every political stunt out of his pocket to complete his plan to convert the entire region to defenderdom. His very conversations in this log gave the impression that the UDL had undue influence in TNP. Which in itself, has repercussions.

Due to the actions of Unibot, The North Pacific is considered by some people to be a defender/UDL region. When did we make that decision? I must have missed the memo.

mcmasterdonia:
I for one, do not believe that Unibot would have influence over the council of 9 or 10ki. Its what he hoped to achieve from that discussion that concerns me.

The fact is he acted against regional interests, and deliberately sought to encourage and indicated he would privately support the closure of such embassies. Why would one support the closing of embassies with a region we have previously been in good relations with?

Answer: because he knew that this would be the most effective way for him to demand that cabinet comply with his wishes, and put the NPA under pressure more to become 100% defender orientated.
This.

Ananke, I 100% believe you when you say that Unibot doesn't have influence over 10000 Islands. But that's not the point. The point is what he hoped to accomplish, and it's clear to me that he hoped -- even if it was a long shot -- to get 10000 Islands to use its influence in a way that ultimately would be detrimental to TNP, all so that it would scare TNP into going in a defender direction.

That might have been a ridiculous hope, but nobody has ever said that Unibot isn't ridiculous. Whether he could have accomplished what he was hoping to accomplish or not is irrelevant. It's what he was hoping to accomplish that is important here.

Cormac Stark:
mcmasterdonia:

This.

Ananke, I 100% believe you when you say that Unibot doesn't have influence over 10000 Islands. But that's not the point. The point is what he hoped to accomplish, and it's clear to me that he hoped -- even if it was a long shot -- to get 10000 Islands to use its influence in a way that ultimately would be detrimental to TNP, all so that it would scare TNP into going in a defender direction.

That might have been a ridiculous hope, but nobody has ever said that Unibot isn't ridiculous. Whether he could have accomplished what he was hoping to accomplish or not is irrelevant. It's what he was hoping to accomplish that is important here.
:agree:

Mr. Speaker, I support this proposal and I motion this go to vote.

flemingovia:
Ananke, you misunderstand. this is just a tit-for-tat motion. It has nothing to do with 10Ki really.

It's like that scene in the Untouchables:

"You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way!"
Here at TNP, we <3 Tit for Tat.

Great Bights Mum:
I move that debate on the pending motion be extended 48 hours.
I don't see how the facts behind this motion are going to change in the next 48 hours. Unibot did what I said he did and the evidence supports that. Why wait 48 hours to let the RA decide whether or not that's acceptable from an Executive Officer?

At the rate this incident is spiralling out of control and all sense of proportion, why not just recall the entire cabinet, hmm?

Eluvatar:
Perhaps Great Bights Mum believes that would provide Unibot with the opportunity to defend himself?
If that's the case, he's already had 48 hours since the original report (which was used as the evidence for this motion) was posted. But if he really needs another 48 hours to tell us why he thinks it's ok to try to harm TNP's diplomatic relations because he doesn't like the outcome of democracy, I guess I won't object.

Cormac Stark:
If that's the case, he's already had 48 hours since the original report (which was used as the evidence for this motion) was posted. But if he really needs another 48 hours to tell us why he thinks it's ok to try to harm TNP's diplomatic relations because he doesn't like the outcome of democracy, I guess I won't object.
I seriously doubt that his argument would be one of justification of the motives you ascribe to him.

Burn the witch. But consider whether you might be next. The conversation quoted in my signature is certainly giving ME cause for concern.

I third that motion.

I will fight tooth and nail against witch hunt's in TNP even if the hunted be the exposed Unibot. At the very least, Unibot should be allowed to address this motion before it moves to a vote.

I'd also like to state that I hope that TNP does not become a place for witch hunts because the hunter can soon become the hunted. If the motion goes to a vote we need to seriously consider the ramifications.

I'm on the fence about this one and have certainly made plain my issues with Unibot publicly, privately, and to anyone who will listen. Still, I respect his office and the voters who put him there. I will need to be convinced that his actions have so egregiously sullied the office as to remove him.

I am not fully convinced they have.

I concur with the extension of the debate. Not sure bout the rest of y'all, but a lot of us are busy with RL things and don't check this forum once every six hours--like I know Uni's working. Give some time, let us think and settle on it.

I'm personally not sure his actions deserve a recall, but his actions read very sketchily.

I'd just like to point out that I agreed to extension of this several posts ago, on the first page of this thread. So thank you all for agreeing with me. :P

This is getting ridiculous. I move we recall everyone and have a giant cage-match. I get to choose the weapons, and I choose Pattern 1867 British Cavalry Lances from horseback because I would have the advantage. Last person standing gets to talk to the echoes of an empty meeting chamber while marauders pillage the region.

Hi guys, I'm back from work now. Once again, I did what I did to stall 10ki before they closed embassies -- I had anticipated a quick closure. There was no large duplicity to the cabinet -- I told them what Wordy told me, 10ki wanted to close embassies.

Frankly, this set of quotations being brought up by Mc (through AMOM, a longtime enemy and Wordy, who is a new-found enemy) confirms his personal vendetta he has against me; I was hard on him in the cabinet meetings -- he's responding by being hard in me with these public smear fests. The whole cabinet is dysfunctional as a group: Mc and I will do anything to stab each other in the back, Mc desperately desiring neutrality and I, honestly wanting the region to go defender; Roman will do anything to stab Kiwi, Kiwi will do anything to stab Roman. I found Mc to be incredibly two-faced, in private conversations we're I've confided with him more; he knows that being treated like a UDLer when I genuinely do try to be a TNPer when I'm in TNP is one of the most depressing things for me and has been beating me down emotionally -- I wouldn't be surprised if he took my private misgivings and simply worded his thread to stab at that as much as he could. It's frustrating to me because Mc is such a beloved player in the region.

The argument that I wanted the ultimatum to persuade the region to go defender is incorrect, I did think however I could convince 10ki that an ultimatum would be better than an immediate closure since it could be more persuasive but not necessarily in the direction of defenderism. This is the problem with interpreting my actions from private conversations -- you don't get the full story, you only get a sliver of the truth than can be slanted and projected in any light taken. That's why I think we as region should consider a Right to Privacy for personal messages since we've seen a total disintegration of our political system with cabinet ministers trying to stab each other with these smear campaigns. I mean, releasing quotations to the public on the basis of "regional security", when the public can't do anything about the security concerns anyway is done for one purpose and one purpose only, to defame.

I stand by my term as WA Minister, I'm one of the more qualified players to review WA resolutions and I've been keeping up a satisfactory pace on the reports; a workload that is leading the way for the other cabinet ministers.

To summarize, Unibot claims that he was trying to stall XKI from closing its embassy even though he initially encouraged them to go ahead and close it. He then encouraged them to issue an ultimatum in the hopes of scaring TNP enough that it would "cave." At no point did he ever try to defend the decision that had been made through TNP's democratic process; he just tried to think of ways to undermine that process. And this, he claims, was him trying to do what was best for TNP.

Oh, and this is all McM's fault because he's two-faced. Or something.

Really glad we held off on this for 48 hours for that.

Actually, no. I resign. I've had enough of dealing with Mc and hiding the feud between us. He plays your friend till you stand in his way politically and then bites. The region can learn the hard way that he should not be trusted and I still warn the region to consider a "Right to Privacy" before the region descends further into political chaos.

Effective immediately, I'm taking a break from the North Pacific. I might be back sometime, but I don't see it happening while Mc is around in all of the feeders and sinkers. It's been fun, I'm glad I could help the region out with it's WA reviews (I hope people liked them) and I hope the region considers it's plans for full democratization -- I think those cabinet elections were one of the most impressive feeder elections ever. Have fun guys.

It was not his fault at all. You are the one to blame. He tried listening to your side but with how you nearly tried to undermine and override his authority (despite you being an officer that REPORTS to him) he was overly frustrated and fed up with your underhandedness.

He was extremely patient with you but you were rude, vulgar, and childish, and wanted to shove down your UDL defender beliefs down the region's throat and not putting the region's interests above your own.

I stand by our Minister of Defence and Vice Delegate. He has done an outstanding job and you should be even grateful that he hasn't removed you for your disobedience in the Army. He is a trusted member and clearly knows how to run military operations well. None of the other officers, or enlisted men, has had issue with him.

And to make it clear this is my personal opinion and not the opinion of anyone else.

Govindia:
It was not his fault at all. You are the one to blame. He tried listening to your side but with how you nearly tried to undermine and override his authority (despite you being an officer that REPORTS to him) he was overly frustrated and fed up with your underhandedness.

He was extremely patient with you but you were rude, vulgar, and childish, and wanted to shove down your UDL defender beliefs down the region's throat and not putting the region's interests above your own.

I stand by our Minister of Defence and Vice Delegate. He has done an outstanding job and you should be even grateful that he hasn't removed you for your disobedience in the Army. He is a trusted member and clearly knows how to run military operations well. None of the other officers, or enlisted men, has had issue with him.

And to make it clear this is my personal opinion and not the opinion of anyone else.
Way to pour salt on the wound Gov

Tim:
Govindia:

Way to pour salt on the wound Gov
I guess he got tired of querying people begging to be let back into the UDL.

unibot:
Actually, no. I resign. I've had enough of dealing with Mc and hiding the feud between us. He plays your friend till you stand in his way politically and then bites. The region can learn the hard way that he should not be trusted and I still warn the region to consider a "Right to Privacy" before the region descends further into political chaos.

Effective immediately, I'm taking a break from the North Pacific. I might be back sometime, but I don't see it happening while Mc is around in all of the feeders and sinkers. It's been fun, I'm glad I could help the region out with it's WA reviews (I hope people liked them) and I hope the region considers it's plans for full democratization -- I think those cabinet elections were one of the most impressive feeder elections ever. Have fun guys.
and so the mob outvotes the electorate.

flemingovia:
and so the mob outvotes the electorate.
Hardly. More like the userite counter-revolutionary is unable to push his agenda here as he thought he would be able to. And, so now - like in all the others where he has tried the exact same thing - when he realises he will not get his way, he moves on.

His loyalty to the region was always going to be fleeting, and related entirely to whether he would succeed in pushing his own interests over those of the region.

Back