The Sacagawea Alliance

Crimson Order coups TNP for four months, years ago... amnesty for everyone and a treatied alliance with their largest supporter.

JAL coups TNP for a few days, years ago... put him on trial and try to banish him from the region.

Whamabama:
It was then veiwed as a internal issue of TNP's. The legitamacy of The Crimson order was not for us to decide. Our assistance was requested by the TNP government, which was at the time unified. Afterwards when the region had it's problem we tended to have some nations in TNP between military missions elsewere. I realize the decision to stay after the split was not popular among those who fought against the Crimson Order, that is also understandable. However we obviously knew the delegate at the time, and we help our friends, as we have helped TNP on more than one occasion after 2008.

Now our numbers in the region were never too significant between our defending in other regions as might have been noted at the time when Lewis and Clark was leaving. We did reveal ourselves, and talk on the RMB at the time. Mainly wishing TNP well ect. I have placed the flag we were ordered to place on our UN nation, as well as the motto on my nation within TNP for anyone wanting to see it. Utopia nonconform

Also of note, I remember GBM, the new delegate declaring amnesty of all the nations within The Crimson Order. A very good thing to do. Given the circumstances, I would have understood wanting blood, but I have to give props for that action, and it has paid off. Many former members of The Crimson Order including Westwind have been able to join the government, and even be elected into cabinet positions, and many even the delegate of the region.

So given that you have moved on, and with former members of the Crimson Order, I do find it puzzling that you want Equilism to say I am sorry for giving support to that regime, when you did not require one from that regime, and those who were in it.

Now I hope we can get past this issue. It was in 2008 after all. Their are only a few of us even around left during that time. I was around, but I was a new recruit into the E-Army. I knew Westwind was the monarch of Equilism on paper, but had stepped down while he was in TNP. I did not know the politics of TNP, I did look into it as much as I could at the time, but even if I would have thought we were doing the wrong thing, I was not in a position to do much about it. Not that I would have alienated myself from my own region mind you. My loyalty to my region/regions have always been important to me personally.
Thank you for your post. I'll admit, I'm getting forgetful in my old age. I do remember granting amnesty to members of the Crimson Order. My prevailing motivation for doing so was because previous upheavals in TNP had decimated the community. I hated to see that happen once again. I believed our best chance of moving forward lay in reuniting the region.

Similarly, I think a treaty gives our regions the best chance to move beyond those past events. I don't see a down side to the treaty... except for the "squabble" bit.

Grosseschnauzer:
What we really need is a good phrase in Yiddish.
How about these:

"Drek shturem" - (sh*t storm)

"drek Hemhorage" (self explanatory, see first item)

"Bikscheiss" - (BS)

"Umayngenemkeit" - (Unpleasantness)

"tants fun der schmucks" (Dance of the schmucks)

"narishkayt" - stupidity

:P

In Equilism we are ready to proceed with the following document:
The Sacagawea Alliance:
Recognizing our ancient bonds of friendship, transcending our past differences, the free regions of Equilism and The North Pacific seek to again have fun, foster inter-regional cooperation, and oppose tyranny in a new alliance.

1. The parties to this treaty are Equilism and The North Pacific.
2. The parties will recognize the constitutional governments in force at the time of ratification of this treaty as the sole legitimate governments of their respective regions.
3. The parties will not seek or act to undermine one another by any means, including subterfuge, espionage, and invasion.
4. Both parties pledge to defend one another militarily upon request.
5. The parties will share any intelligence relevant to the defense of the other party.
6. A new treaty between the parties may override this treaty.
7. If a party to this treaty acts in willful non-compliance to this treaty, or attacks an ally of the other party, then the other party may immediately terminate this treaty and/or all diplomatic relations, and may issue a statement detailing the transgression.

Being unable to respond in the voting thread, I would like to answer flemingovia's question: As choosing to adopt the flemingovian constitution would be a bold and decisive act of regional self-determination, Equilism would applaud such an event- as, indeed, we applaud all sovereign decisions, by any region.

In a vote of 11-0, Equilism has ratified this treaty! We eagerly anticipate TNP's vote and hope to soon be reunited as allies. :tb2:

Please accept this kitten as a symbol of our friendship and love:

cute-kittens-pic51.jpg

We have named it Eluvatar.

Back