TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Category: Repeal
Resolution: SC#65
Proposed by: Weed

Repeal "Condemn Punk Reloaded":
Description: WA Security Council Resolution #65: Condemn Punk Reloaded shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument:

The Security Council,

Remembering Punk Reloaded was condemned shortly after The West Pacific, under the "leadership" of Punk Reloaded, declared war upon The South Pacific,

Recalling at that time The West Pacific had also implemented other controversial policies such as the NationStates Republic and a new Constitution both mentioned in the resolution,

Regretting the condemnation was passed before the results of these moves could be seen,

Knowing the war on The South Pacific to have turned out to be a pathetic war of words, which consisted of a declaration of war with no action to back up the hostilities until The West Pacific later declared peace to the "war",

Observing in a recent statement Punk Reloaded admitted that the NationStates Republic's original goal, a region giving up some of its "sovereignty" never was accepted, and it therefore failed in its original goal and that the Republic works more like a typical alliance now,"

Noting also that the undemocratic constitution alleged by the original resolution is neither unique or impressive in terms of other regions,

Realizing in retrospect the intentions of Punk Reloaded were certainly bad, but Punk's inefficient and incompetent nature prevented any harm from being done,

Understanding now the conclusion of the original resolution mislabels Punk Reloaded as a "dangerous influence" rather than an inept annoyance, and as an "an enemy of peace and justice" rather than as an enemy of activity and efficiency,

Believing that Punk Reloaded couldn't harm anyone or anything, especially if Punk Reloaded tried,

Hereby repeals SC #65 Condemn Punk Reloaded.

Against. For one reason majorly, he threatened an ally of ours, The South Pacific with a questionably legal motion for war and voted illegally on SC votes against the South Pacific for petty personal reasons. All the while contributing to feeder instability and confrontation between the West Pacific and the South Pacific.

I'll have a statement prepared for tommorow. I'll see if I can get AMOM to help defend the recommendation since he was one of the people who did the initial research to nail the original resolution.

Abstain.

Generally in a two-horse (two-option) race I'll vote against myself as my standard voting procedure. In this case, I believe however I vote would infer my opinion incorrectly. I still hold the condemnation incorrectly condemns me, but you can't have everything.

Either way, I'll state here that I'd like to keep my shiny badge than overturn it with truth. :)

EDIT:
Against. For one reason majorly, he threatened an ally of ours, The South Pacific with a questionably legal motion for war and voted illegally on SC votes against the South Pacific for petty personal reasons. All the while contributing to feeder instability and confrontation between the West Pacific and the South Pacific.

RE: Above, if anyone would like for me to rebut this please let me know. I'd rather allow Unibot and AMOM their one-sided version on history, but for those who weren't close to the story I can certainly balance the scales for your own information.

Based on the content of the resolution, Against.

Nothing personal, Punk D, but as a rule I generally dislike repeals especially in the SC. And in the RA I don't like 'em unless a replacement curing any issues is in hand.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back