Re: Complaints

Actually, they can't be triied in the court, they aren't members of TNP, there were just trying to coup. You cant per say try them unless you can find out who they are and if they are on the forums, because they were in NS TNP doesnt mean you say yes to TNP laws.

Tyler, lf they were "resident" in TNP, then under our regional laws, they can be tried, and they have the rights afforded to all residents of TNP under the Bill of Rights. You might want to take a look at the Court's opinion on residency which states how the word is to be defined in TNP.

Incorrect actually. The court has ruled that 'residents' of TNP, not just 'citizens' can be tried under TNP law.
EDIT: Grosse beat me to it.

Grosseschnauzer:
Tyler, lf they were "resident" in TNP, then under our regional laws, they can be tried, and they have the rights afforded to all residents of TNP under the Bill of Rights. You might want to take a look at the Court's opinion on residency which states how the word is to be defined in TNP.
That's crap though, If I make a new nation it starts out in TNP If I do something against TNP laws I can be held in court? No

Tyler:
Grosseschnauzer:
That's crap though, If I make a new nation it starts out in TNP If I do something against TNP laws I can be held in court? No
Yes, yes you can.

Eluvatar:
Tyler:
Grosseschnauzer:
Yes, yes you can.
Indeed. By being in TNP, you consent to the laws of the region.

This seems fairly reasonable to me Tyler. If you don't like this judicial ruling, why not bring it up for debate in the RA chambers? The AG complaints thread seems highly inappropriate for such a discussion.

My argument would be that if nations are not subject to our laws, then they are not given the protection of our laws either, which means that anyone who has not taken the oath could be banned at will.

Ya can't have it both ways.

How I read the ruling is you need to take an active step in order to be called a resident. An active step included some things I consider dubious but if you are birthed in TNP and move out of TNP i don't believe you are automatically a resident.

Wait, if any nation in TNP is a resident, and we have an unspoken rule about banning spammers who break our spamming laws, doesn't that mean we've been illegally banning native residents (who spam our boards and will leave 30 seconds after that)?

This is probably the point where I ought to pop up and say that the Flemingovian constitution would do away with all of these vaguaries.

And before anyone says "yus but it wud b a totalitarian ebil regim etc etc etc", remember that in my entire two terms as delegate I did not ban a single nation from the region. not one.

there are not many, if any, recent delegates who can say the same.

Who's the evil one now?

flemingovia:
This is probably the point where I ought to pop up and say that the Flemingovian constitution would do away with all of these vaguaries.

And before anyone says "yus but it wud b a totalitarian ebil regim etc etc etc", remember that in my entire two terms as delegate I did not ban a single nation from the region. not one.

there are not many, if any, recent delegates who can say the same.

Who's the evil one now?

To be honest, that's a black mark against the Flemingovian constitution, if you ask me.

If you won't bring fire and brimstone down upon adspammers and other heathens than I would be most upset.

As Delegate, I don't believe I banned a single nation, either, and I don't believe my predecessor, Blackshear banned anyone either.
As to the RMB, we suppressed a lot of spam though in accordance with the popular will to follow that approach.

No, you banned a few Nazi nations, I remember this quite vividly.

I pride myself on having the most legal ejections in recent TNP history and being perhaps the most controversial elected delegate since Pixiedance. :P

My claim makes for a better story anyway.

Back