[Complete]AT VOTE: Liberate Christmas [Complete]

unibot

TNPer
Liberate Christmas
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region

Category: Liberation | Nominee (region): Christmas | Proposed by: Mahaj WA Seat​

Description: The Security Council,

NOTING that the region of Christmas was raided by forces of Asgard, The New Inquisition, and The Land Of Kings and Emperors on July 4th, 2012;

AWARE that Christmas is a region which many people treasure due to its special name;

RECOGNIZING that while the native community in Christmas was not large and has been forcibly removed, it is still deserving of the basic rights of freedom of movement and to be free from external governance;

DISAPPOINTED by the stated goals of Asgard, which are to refound the region and keep it as a colony;

BELIEVING that the Security Council must act swifly to protect Christmas from being stolen and kept as a colony;

HEREBY Liberates Christmas.

Informational Review by the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs::
mowa-seal.png

This is an informational review of the SC Resolution-At-Vote, “Liberate Christmas” published by The North Pacific's Ministry of World Assembly Affairs for your convenience and consideration.

"Liberate Christmas" has two interesting sides to the debate; Asgard troops alongside allies invaded and now occupy "Christmas". According to Asgard, the invasion and the passwording of the region will sustain the motion to refound the region under the dominion of Asgard so that it can be revitalized as a region. Arguments in opposition of the forced revitalized project have generally tried to suggest that alleged inactivity by natives permits the refound without their permission.

Supporters of "Liberate Christmas" have replied to this telling of circumstances and events by asking why it is necessary that the region be refounded and secured under the Asgard regime to be revitalized? The supporters have been implying that this is overall an imperialistic mission and the arguments used to support the invasion have been full of misdirection. The obvious objective of "Liberate Christmas" is to free the region of it's occupier-imposed password so that a refound is more difficult and intervention is more likely. The Minister of World Assembly Affairs has been personally involved with the debate after Asgard posted false information regarding him and an alleged native telegram asking for no defender intervention -- the telegram was dismissed as fictional soon, but the residue of the lie has remained in hundreds of telegrams sent out to delegates across NationStates.

How to vote on this issue really hinges on whether one believes that Asgard's imperialism should be prevented or not, bearing in mind that this could affect the native community of Christmas greatly -- Asgard *has* pledged to let natives return to Christmas following a refound, but has not explained why a forced refound is necessary. The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs believes the North Pacific wants to uphold the World Assembly Security Council mandate of interregional peace and goodwill and does not see the kind of forceful imperialism as Asgard's, to be compatible with said mandate. Furthermore, support for said liberation, is not expected to endanger any relations with our treatied regions, including Stargate, a former victim of The New Inquisition's similar aggression and an example of how a smaller, once allegedly "inactive" UCR can revitalize itself with a grassroots, as opposed to imperial campaign for revitalization.

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs has (1) thus recommended that the delegate vote "FOR" Liberate Christmas, and (2) calls upon all member-states in The North Pacific (that's you!) to carefully consider the viewpoints expressed in this informational statement. Thank you.

Yours,
Unibot
Minister of World Assembly Affairs in The North Pacific.

Ha, sorry about the typo left over from the copy and paste; the Ministry's recommendation is "FOR", not "AGAINST".

unibot:
The Minister of World Assembly Affairs has been personally involved with the debate after Asgard posted false information regarding him and an alleged native telegram asking for no defender intervention -- the telegram was dismissed as fictional soon, but the residue of the lie has remained in hundreds of telegrams sent out to delegates across NationStates.
To clarify on behalf of Asgard, we did not intend to mislead Delegates or anyone else. This error arose following an IRC conversation between Unibot and one of Asgard's citizens, in which the citizen in question confused another region that had declined UDL assistance with Christmas.

We have acknowledged and do regret this error, but it was not our intention to mislead anyone. We ask the Minister to acknowledge that the IRC conversation in question did in fact take place and that this was a misunderstanding rather than a deliberate attempt at deception. Moreover, we respectfully ask the Minister to post the content of the telegram we sent to many Delegates as we believe that the Ministry's report is biased toward the United Defenders League and the author of the liberation proposal, who is a close friend of the Minister's.

For.

It's christmas time, there's no need to be afraid
At Christmas time we liberate, and we banish raids
Cos in a world of raiding, there's a chance to spread some joy
Pass this liberation bill - it's Christmas time!

Here is a message in a response to Asgard's message.

I know you've heard about their grand plan to make Christmas open to everybody. Well, their 'grand culture plan' is to make Christmas important once a year, for their friends and allies. The natives and other people in NationStates won't get to be a part of it.

Furthermore, many raiders claim that they're going to help build up the community. However, what inevitably happens is these raiders leave the region in a situation like North Atlantic: Dead, cold, and nobody can use it.

I know you may have heard that a native telegrammed Unibot saying that they did not want a liberation. However, as you can see here, Asgard http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=10230389#p10230389 tried to weasel their way out of this lie.

Don't be fooled by Asgard's propaganda, don't let them ruin Christmas, vote for Liberate Christmas.

Received this TG:

Mahaj:
Hey there!
I noticed you voted against Liberate Christmas, and I was hoping that you would change your vote and vote For it.
I know you've heard about their grand plan to make Christmas open to everybody. Well, their 'grand culture plan' is to make Christmas important once a year, for their friends and allies. The natives and other people in NationStates won't get to be a part of it.
Furthermore, many raiders claim that they're going to help build up the community. However, what inevitably happens is these raiders leave the region in a situation like North Atlantic: Dead, cold, and nobody can use it.
I know you may have heard that a native telegrammed Unibot saying that they did not want a liberation. However, as you can see here, Asgard viewtopic.php?p=10230389#p10230389 tried to weasel their way out of this lie.
Don't be fooled by Asgard's propaganda, don't let them ruin Christmas, vote for Liberate Christmas.

Talked to Koth, the President of Asgard, about the fact that a native supported the resolution. The logs:

<@Mahaj> what's your response to the fact that a native supports the lib?
<Koth> It was inevitable
<@Mahaj> and so?
<Koth> And I'm not going to let it bust my balls
<@Mahaj> you're just going to keep on refounding it?
<Koth> *shrug*

I had requested that the Minister post this since we do not yet have an embassy in which to post it, but given that he hasn't I've decided to post it in light of the smear campaign being conducted against us by the proposal's author. I hope it is acceptable for me to post it here.

Statement on Liberate Christmas
From the Government of Asgard

Friends and allies,

As many of you may know, Asgard has successfully occupied the region Christmas. We thank our friends in The New Inquisition, The Land of Kings and Emperors, DEN Central Command, and Unknown for providing support, but the fight is not over.

Defenders have now taken to the WA Security Council asking it to liberate a native population that has not been active in some time, if ever. The last post on the Regional Message Board prior to our invasion was over five months ago.

Asgard's intentions for Christmas are no secret. We intend to make Christmas a cultural hub of NationStates, the home to Christmas and other winter celebrations sponsored by Asgard and our friends and allies abroad. In addition, as a show of good faith, we will guarantee the right of native return to Christmas. By annexing Christmas, Asgard can protect this region from further invasion as well. In annexing Christmas, our goal is not to collect a simple trophy, but to expand our regional influence in such a way that will benefit the natives of Christmas, the citizens of Asgard, and many people in the NationStates world.

It is up to us all to not allow the defenders to use the Security Council to maintain the status quo. Asgard is dedicated to using our time and influence to build up an inactive region and give it a place in the NS community. Asgard wishes to utilize this region's resources to have fun; defenders wish to sentence this region to death via inactivity on ideological grounds. Inactive regions do not need to become useless and die, and Christmas is a prime example of that, so please, give Asgard the chance to develop this region into what it should be rather than bowing to the wants of the defenders and sentencing Christmas to a slow death.

That is why we are coming to you, our friends and allies. We ask every WA Regional Delegate not to approve this ideologically motivated liberation resolution. We ask every WA nation to vote against it should it come to a vote. We ask each and every person in the NationStates world to consider what "liberating" Christmas means: It means returning the region to a status quo of constant invasion, upheaval, and chronic native inactivity. Help us! Help Christmas! Fight the resolution to Liberate Christmas!

Wait.. the author defending his proposal is a "smear campaign"? But Asgard trying to justify its clear invasion and intended colonization of Christmas using long statements.. those are obviously supposed to be assumed to be the truth and nothing but the truth?

And if I disagree with you, I must be a corrupt official!?

The North Pacific has had its fair share of coups on the basis of "the government is inactive rar rar rar", that doesn't mean those coups are right or truly justified and all of them threatened our community's sovereignty, freedom and democracy. Our brothers in the South Pacific know this well too from experience when their region was couped by Sedgistan because he felt the region was too inactive.

Asgard thinks Christmas is inactive and thus has an alleged right to destroy it and colonize it -- I disagree with that and note that the native support for the liberation proposal continues to pile in. I'm still very much "FOR" this resolution.

Sedge couping the South Pacific is the best thing that could have happened to the region. It rattled cages, woke up the old farts, and encouraged new people to play.

There comes a time when the old needs to be replaced by the new when the old is complacent. Right or wrong everything becomes obsolete.

I'm changing my vote to Against after exploring this a bit more.

aye: unibot, Funkadelia, flemingovia, mcmasterdonia, Gladio, Ravania; against: Finn, Blue Wolf II, Punk D

Voting aye.

Mahaj:
Voting aye.
Not a registered citizen, not counted.

aye: unibot, Funkadelia, flemingovia, mcmasterdonia, Gladio, Ravania, Belschaft; against: Finn, Blue Wolf II, Punk D

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back