Why hasn't this been done yet?

Hileville

TNPer
TNP Nation
Hileville
Discord
Dennrick#0489
We cannot continue with Trials while those on trial and their attorneys do not have access to the Court Archives to read through cases for precedent. Please change permissions to allow this immediately. It is ridiculous that this hasn't been done yet.

I agree completely and will add that if access is not granted soon I will recommend to the Defense that they submit a motion to dismiss, a request I will very eagerly take into consideration.

If the Government and the Prosecution needs a fire under their ass in order to get things done, consider it lit.

Please read this thread if you haven't already:
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6927745/
I've not constantly available until that project is done, and as it was, today also had me dealing with service interruptions for both my internet and power due to a sudden severe thunderstorm. At the moment, I am at a public location, and I do not want to use passwords any more than I have to.
Where are flemingovia and Ator? They both are able to access the ACP and do this stuff, and I had posted several times in the last two weeks that my time will be limited.

I don't know why you're taking this as a personal attack, your name was not specifically mentioned and I, personally, couldn't care less who is granting the access to the Defense so long as it is granted. So I assume that access the Court Archives has been given?

Grosseschnauzer:
Where are flemingovia and Ator? They both are able to access the ACP and do this stuff, and I had posted several times in the last two weeks that my time will be limited.
I am guessing they have both been busy. That isn't an excuse though. Things like this hold up Court cases and then people wonder why the Court looks bad. Again I feel if the admins are going to have these periods of unavailability maybe it is time to look for another admin for backup situations.

Part of the problem is that in order to have the limited mask it requires knowing where each and every archived forum is that access is needed to, and eliminating everything else since the designated counsel isn't a foreign envoy, or a registered citizen, or an R.A. member. So it required creating both a group and a permission mask. And required some art work, which isn't the greatest, but Paint is all I had available on short notice and I am not a graphics designer by trade.

So after 45 minutes of my valuable time that should be spent on more important things, it's been worked out. To whom shall I send the bill?

Grosseschnauzer:
Part of the problem is that in order to have the limited mask it requires knowing where each and every archived forum is that access is needed to, and eliminating everything else since the designated counsel isn't a foreign envoy, or a registered citizen, or an R.A. member. So it required creating both a group and a permission mask. And required some art work, which isn't the greatest, but Paint is all I had available on short notice and I am not a graphics designer by trade.

So after 45 minutes of my valuable time that should be spent on more important things, it's been worked out. To whom shall I send the bill?
That isn't a true statement. You could have just created a permission mask you didn't need a group. It could have just been a secondary mask that just gave permissions in the archives.

Also as the root admin shouldn't you already know the layout of the forums?

Grosseschnauzer:
If you don't like fulfilling the Admin duties you volunteered for, I am sure there are others more than willing to take the position from you.

Hileville:
Grosseschnauzer:

That isn't a true statement. You could have just created a permission mask you didn't need a group. It could have just been a secondary mask that just gave permissions in the archives.

Also as the root admin shouldn't you already know the layout of the forums?
You can even base permissions off a current mask so all you'd really need to change is a few things. Not only that, but it can be an overridden permission mask so we don't need to create a username color for it.

For whatever reason with the permissions and group masks here, just creating permissions does not always work. Whether it is because these forums were first organized while on the Invisionfree platform or the number that we have, just adding a new permission that is not based on any of the current base masks is problematic, and that comes from past situations here. The only way to be sure of the matter was to create a new group and permission.
Second, the forum was very recently reorganized by Eluvatar and as a result most of the permissions for the existing groups need to be re-done. Try doing that without a site map to work with. Elu has promised a site map and I've been patiently waiting. What you see on the first level is now so complicated underneath it will be easy to make mistakes without something to follow since both forum access and group masks/permissions need to be reviewed and reset.
Third, with Earth also needing access to the same areas, I felt I needed to set up something more permanent so we're not constantly re-creating special permissions every time we have a temporary justice or counsel appointed. This will simplify that part of it as it is specifically designed to be overlaid on someone that is in any of the base groups that we have.

Also Earth shouldn't have access to the Private Justice Conference room anymore. Nobody but BW, Falc, and I should at this point in time.

For the nth time in like the last week or so, can I -please- have my masking fixed so I -can't- see the private area of the court?

Cause like..there's something srsly wrong with that. >.>

And I've been asking for ages.

EDIT: Hile beat me to it. >.>

When you were named a special prosecutor, the only mask available was the Court Justices mask.
I couldn't give you the AG mask. So you have a permission set for the judicial area added to your RA mask.
As I've pointed out elsewhere, we've been needing a permanent special permission. I can't do everything right now.

For the nth time in like the last week or so, can I -please- have my masking fixed so I -can't- see the private area of the court?
I don't know where you've made that request, but I have not seen it, and cannot speak about your "repeated requests.'

Grosseschnauzer:
When you were named a special prosecutor, the only mask available was the Court Justices mask.
I couldn't give you the AG mask. So you have a permission set for the judicial area added to your RA mask.
As I've pointed out elsewhere, we've been needing a permanent special permission. I can't do everything right now.
It's unfair for one person to be expected to do all of that. Better to shelve responsibilities to another admin so there's another person to help with such things, I think.

Grosseschnauzer:
I don't know where you've made that request, but I have not seen it, and cannot speak about your "repeated requests.'
It wasn't to you; I know you're on vacation. I stated it several times on #tnp, queried admins on there, contacted Eluvatar, and literally every time I've caught an admin on IRC I've bothered them about it.

Back