The Number Game!

So here's how this works. I will give you a string of numbers (and every now and then, a letter will be involved.) You need to tell me what it is, and how it makes sense (or how you figured it out).

Here's how it might work.

What is it?

SOLUTION:

04 is the fourth.
07 is the month of July
1776 is a year.

Translated, that is the 4th of July, 1776. US independence. It matters because I am American.

But notice I used the international style of formatting the date. Yeah, I might not do a cultural norm just to mess with some of you. But that's why you have to do your research!

So who's ready?

Round 1 (I'll make this one easy):

Guess correctly and you might get a prize!

Great Bights Mum:
Seattle, WA zip code?
You are on a roll. Now it gets harder...

BONUS (related to first): 8337

I will be very impressed if you figure this one out.

Correct answer will be posted at 2000 on Sunday, July 1 if no correct answer is given.

I've decided that since I think this challenge is oh so clever and difficult, whoever can solve the problem AND the bonus will win a prize!

No correct answer has been given.

104289 was a product number for a map on the USGS website, for the Lexington, Virginia area.

8337 was the grid coordinates for Washington and Lee University, and Virginia Military Institute.

NEW CHALLENGE COMING SOON!

July 16, 1969 was the Apollo 11 launch date. I was glued to the family (black and white) TV. It was like magic and science intersecting on a grand scale.

Back