Notice of Limited Availability

I've mentioned this in a few threads in different parts of the forums, but in RL, I am coming up on an annual submission deadline in about two and a half weeks that is rigid and cannot be delayed.

It's complicated because some of the material includes current judicial developments that impact on the topics covered in the publication I edit every year (this is year number 20, and this year, the U.S. Supreme Court has taken center stage on some of the material.

As a result, it is impossible for me to predict exactly how much time I may need to spend day-to-day to complete the material for submission to my publishers. This year there is a lot more material than average, and for a year that is not for a new edition, it may be close to the mex I've ever had to do.

So I will check in as I take breaks but I cannot promise how much time I will have or how much I can do, especially as to official government and forum-related business until this project is finished for this year.

If it's something you think is important, send me a PM because I may not have time to check every area of the forums.

>|P

Trying to manage this RL project, a demanding schnauzer, and the ongoing heat wave means I only have made it onto the forums once in the last 36 hours, and it's likely to be that way all week.
So if I'm needed, plan on a day or so for reply.
>|P

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been online as much as I would be the last few days.
My ISP is having unspecified problems with both its internet and cable television services, per this quote from a column at one of the local television stations a couple of hours ago:
As I type, my Mediacom internet shuts down every few minutes, and the TV goes black every 30 or so. Mediacom came out, said it’s a big problem on its end, and will get back to us within 24-48 hours. It’s eye-opening how much I need wireless to work reliably to get through my day.

So it isn't just me, folks.

Hopefully it'll clear up soon, even though the weather service is promising yet another week-long period of extreme heat by the weekend. (It was 103 here yesterday, the sixth day of 100-plus temperatures this week, When it was 103 outside, it was 86 inside even with the a.c. in the building going full blast.

Back