Guardian of the RMB Elections

unibot

TNPer
We should organize a schedule for the elections of the Guardian of the RMB. (probably follow the election time allowances for delegate)

And develop a list of duties for the RMB Guardian.

I'd also consider whether we should be fielding a reference question to the Chief Justice: if we were to disclaimer on our ballots that any muliti balloting will be taken as election fraud, would this be a valid indictable offence? Or would we need to propose an amendment to cover this form of election fraud?

In the coming weeks, the Cabinet is planning to run an election for Guardian of the Regional Message Board. Bearing this in mind, it is necessary to ensure that violators of our strict “one vote per player” policy can be criminally charged.

It should be noted that the ballot system will be hosted on a separate server to the North Pacific forum.

All ballots will include a disclaimer similar to this:

Any attempt to vote multiple times using multiple nation accounts is forbidden – we allow only one vote per player. By voting, you acknowledge that the government of the North Pacific may investigate any violations of this policy and may prosecuted violators in this regard.

Our cabinet is curious if a violator of the “one vote per player” policy can be charged on criminal grounds already available in our existing legal code.

More specifically, we motion four reference questions to the Judiciary:
  1. If a player uses a proxy to hide his identity and attempt to subvert our ballot system, would this be covered by the crime of “proxying”?

Proxying, which is defined as the “use of a proxy server to render a forum user anonymous or any practice which allows a member multiple accounts”, arguably, includes the use of proxies in a non-forum setting.
  2. In the event that the answer to the first reference question is “nay”, would said use of proxies to undermine the ballot system count as “proxying” if the ballot system shared its URL address with the North Pacific forum?

Viz. the ballot could be a “Zetaboards page” like our Laws directory.
  3. If a player attempts to subvert our ballot system and vote multiple times, would this be covered by the crime of “fraud”?

It can be argued that such deception benefits or damages the candidates, via electoral support, even if they have not conspired with the alleged fraudster.
  4. If a player attempts to subvert our ballot system and vote multiple times, would this be covered by the crime of “election fraud”?

It can be argued that such “willful deception of citizens” (with the government comprised of citizens) is “in regards” to the “requirements […] by which one may be eligible to vote”; bearing in mind the vagueness of “in regards”, which may not require the deception’s content to be specifically the subject, but the backdrop of the subject.

Thank you in advance for your time and deliberation,
Unibot, Minister of World Assembly Affairs of The North Pacific.

Okay, I've posted the statement.

Bearing the results of the reference questions, we'll know if we need to propose some changes to the legal code before we begin the experiment. So I guess we'll hold off organizing a schedule.

I was thinking the duties of Guardian could be:
- To be the chief organizer of fun games, temporary themes and daily "questions" for the Regional Message Board;
- In general, keep the Regional Message Board active as much as possible;
- To suggest weekly conditions that adspammers must meet;
- To carefully watch for violations of regional law on the RMB and inform the delegate of rulesbreakers immediately (I see you, GRR);
- Be the mediator during an RMB Leader's Debate (could be interesting to do? Never seen it done before!)

What do you think? Got any other suggestions?

Ator People:
Looks good to me. Are we really concerned about voter fraud, though?
I suspect we will see it tried. We'll want to show RAers that we can be tough on violators.

Essentially the Court finds we need to run the Ballot on the TNP url. I have ideas to do this and have put forth an idea to Eluvatar. :)

Back