mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
I request that the court lodge an indictment of treason on the nation of Mall

2. "Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allies as governed by the Constitution.

Mall posted on our regional message board: "Totally just took over Stargate. Step one in my long line of plans to coup TNP. Watch your back Elu."

Mall is a puppet nation of the Delegate who led the coup at last update of our ally, Stargate.

Relevant to this request:

Section 3.3: Criminal Trial Procedure
10. When seeking an indictment to eject or ban, or expel from the RA due to oath violation, pending a trial, the Government must inform all the Justices.
11. Any Justice may approve or deny an indictment, and their decision will be final

I strongly urge the court to formally charge the nation of Mall with treason, so that our Delegate may act appropriately.

And what should I be doing for the time being? I trust that a trial will be upcoming, how would I go about contacting someone to serve as my Defense? Information on time parameters etc.

arms.png
Indictment

In the name of the nations of The North Pacific, and as requested by the elected Delegate of The North Pacific, The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda, an indictment under The North Pacific Legal Code is filed against The Armed Republic of Mall, a known puppet of The Disputed Territories of Avir, the illegal occupant of the Delegacy of the region of Stargate, as follows:

It is alleged:

1. That a security treaty validly exists between The North Pacific and the region of Stargate, which was approved by the Regional Assembly on 7 June 2012, and which provides that:
Recognizing both Stargate and The North Pacific as pre founder regions, both with rich communities forged over time, and wishing to assure that both retain their history and community, we hereby adopt the following treaty.
1. The parties to this treaty are Stargate and The North Pacific.
2. The parties will recognize the constitutional governments in force at the time of ratification of this treaty as the sole legitimate governments of their respective regions.
3. The parties will not undermine one another through subterfuge, espionage, invasion, or any other means.
4. The parties will defend one another to the best of their ability on the request of the other party.
5. The parties will share any intelligence relevant to the defense of the other party.
6. A new treaty between the parties may override this treaty.
Signed,
Delegate Blue Wolf II of The North Pacific,
Commander of the SGC General Hammon

2. On information and belief, on 25 June 2012, The Disputed Territories of Avir in violation of the laws of the legitimate regional government of Stargate seized the Delegacy of that region.

3. Further, on or about the same date, the known puppet of The Disputer Territories of Avir, The Armed Republic of Mall, then present in The North Pacific, posted on The North Pacific’s Regional Message Board at Nationstates.net the message: "Totally just took over Stargate. Step one in my long line of plans to coup TNP. Watch your back Elu."

4. In making this statement, The Armed Republic of Mall is “taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allies as governed by the Constitution,” and more specifically, “no player maintaining a nation in a region or organization at war with TNP may maintain a nation within TNP, or participate in the governance thereof, for the duration of hostilities,” such action or actions constituting the crime of Treason, as defined in Chapter 1, Section 1.1 of the Legal Code.

5. Having committed the crime of treason, as defined under the Legal Code, The North Pacific demands that the punishment prescribed in Chapter 2, Clause 2 of The Legal Code, namely, “ejection and banning, and removal of any basic rights for whatever duration the Court sees fit,” be imposed upon The Armed Republic of Mall.

6. Pursuant to Chapter 3, Section 3.3, Clause 12 of the Legal Code, “[o]nce an ejection is performed, the Government must notify the ejected nation of their rights within one hour, and publicly submit a criminal proceeding to the court within six hours,” the Delegate has directed the filing of this indictment within six hours following his ejection of The Armed Republic of Mall. Upon information and belief, The Armed Republic of Mall has been informed by the Delegate or the Delegate’s designee of their rights.

7. Upon information and belief, pursuant to Chapter 3, Section 3.3, Clause 10, of the Legal Code, which provides that "[w]hen seeking an indictment to eject or ban, or expel from the RA due to oath violation, pending a trial, the Government must inform all the Justices," upon information and belief, The North Pacific Government has informed all justices of the Court either by the Delegate or his designee.

9. Pursuant to Chapter 3, Section 3.3, Clause 11, of the Legal Code, which provides that "[a]ny Justice may approve or deny an indictment, and their decision will be final," this indictment is submitted for such approval.

10. The Attorney General gives notice that this office reserves the right to issue a superceding indictment, or to appoint a special prosecutor to represent The North Pacific in these proceedings.

Respectfully submitted,

[me],
Attorney General of The North Pacific

Because of important RL obligations I have over the next few weeks that has a fixed deadline and cannot be delayed, and in consultation with the Delegate, Earth is being appointed as special prosecutor for this proceeding.

SchaftSchaftandSchaft2.png

From the Office of Belschaft, Attorney at Law, on the behalf of Mallorea and Riva

At this point in time, and based upon instructions from my client, we decline to enter a plea either of guilty or not guilty. This decision has been reached due to existing issues relating to the validity of the charges against my client currently under Judicial Review.

I formally request a delay in the proceedings until such time that these questions have been dealt with. At such time, we will review our current stance upon this issue.

This Court will have to place proceedings on hold in order for other Reviews to be completed as they may change the outcome of these proceedings. The Court will hear the other matters before continuing.

Grosseschnauzer:
Because of important RL obligations I have over the next few weeks that has a fixed deadline and cannot be delayed, and in consultation with the Delegate, Earth is being appointed as special prosecutor for this proceeding.
She needs to post her oath sir.

Govindia:
Grosseschnauzer:
She needs to post her oath sir.
She did.

SchaftSchaftandSchaft2.png

From the Office of Belschaft, Attorney at Law, on the behalf of Mallorea and Riva

The defence notes that it has now been more than three days since the Court ordered that we be given access to the Court Public Archives. Should this order not be complied with within 24 hours, the defence will issue a motion to dismiss all charges.

If the court's orders, issued to ensure that my client receives a fair hearing, cannot be upheld it is clear that this trial cannot go forward.

It has now been over 48 hours since the Court asked the AG's office the very simple question of whether or not they intended to proceed with the trial. Considering the fact that the AG appointed a Special Prosecutor specifically to combat his inactivity for the current timeframe, I find this to be an unacceptable precedent to set for this trial. I formally request that the Court light a fire under the Prosecution again since they are content to simply let these accusations hang above me rather than actually bring them to Trial.

The Attorney General's Office has 24 hours to inform this Court of their intentions. If there is no response within the next 24 hours this Court will accept that as a request for Charges to be dismissed.

Thank You.

After discussion with the higher-ups and all that, this shall be going to a trial.

I do ask for a bit of an extension, though--I've stated numerous times that I'm on LoA this weekend--I have a friend in town, two papers to write, and a midterm. :P

Back