Election Dates and Special Elections

Gulliver

TNPer
This poll is to address the related questions of whether election dates should be fixed and whether there should be special elections which came up during the discussion of the initial draft proposal. There are three broadly defined choices, which many be narrowed later based on the outcome of this poll:
  • 1. Fixed election dates with special elections: if an office becomes empty midterm a special election is held to fill it until the end of the term;
  • 2. Fixed election dates without special elections: if an office becomes empty midterm, it is filled by some other method (appointment, line of succession, etc.) until the end of the term;
  • 3. No fixed election dates: if an office becomes empty midterm, a normal election is held and the winner serves out a full term, shifting the date of the next election.
You may pick up to 2 options.

I prefer option #1, but would accept option #2 with the exception of the judiciary, which has had recent problems with the appointment method.

I really would prefer option #1. I also think option #2 is acceptable (I voted For for these options), but I do not like the idea option number #3 with regard to shifting the date of elections.

Why not go back to having deputy ministers, et al. That way, should a vacancy occur mid term, the deputy automatically fills said position?

Back