-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
I'll be posting an inaugural address shortly, as soon as I'm done with the necessary steps for actually taking charge of the WA duties of the office.

In the meantime however there's no reason to delay letting people stand for the Council of Five.

As I promised in my campaign, the Council of Five will serve as my cabinet, and I will listen to their advice on all matters within my office's purview. We'll work together to establish a clear process if need be.

Nominations are open now and close in a week. Voting will open June 3rd.

We will be electing five members and voting will be preferential and the result proportional. And, ahem, I declare my intent to be a voting member of my cabinet, please!

As a note, I believe the Speaker and the Court are ineligible to be cabinet members, and membership in cabinet makes one ineligible to be Speaker Pro Tempore. To be a cabinet member one must also be a Regional Assembly member.

Candidates:

1. Eluvatar
  2. peoples empire
  3. Ator People
  4. Romanoffia
  5. mcmasterdonia
  6. unibot

I will ask the candidates to submit me a blurb by personal message about their candidacy by midnight UTC between Friday and Saturday for inclusion in the ballot. This blurb should not be longer than 1000 characters. The blurb may use <b>, <i> and <a href="url"> tags.

I will ask the candidates to submit me a blurb by personal message about their candidacy by midnight UTC between Friday and Saturday for inclusion in the ballot. This blurb should not be longer than 1000 characters. The blurb may use <b>, <i> and <a href="url"> tags.

I understand that it is appropriate for candidates for Council of Five to make campaign threads in the Elections board. I strongly recommend doing so.

I'm not sure I understand why the Delegate would need to be "elected" into their own cabinet, but anyhoo. :P

I nominate Flem for the Council.

Haor Chall:
I'm not sure I understand why the Delegate would need to be "elected" into their own cabinet, but anyhoo. :P

It's because it's a proportional preferential election; I don't want to overrepresent people who voted for me for Delegate by getting them a free seat.

But you aren't really giving them a free seat, because you were elected to the seat of delegate.

I nominate Haor Chall for council.

mcmasterdonia:
But you aren't really giving them a free seat, because you were elected to the seat of delegate.
I want the five-person council to represent TNP as a whole. If instead it's 4 people who represent TNP as a whole and 1 person who represents the majority, the majority is overrepresented.

Eluvatar:
Haor Chall:

It's because it's a proportional preferential election; I don't want to overrepresent people who voted for me for Delegate by getting them a free seat.
I'm confused. If Elu is not elected to the council, then who's in charge? Still Elu, right? There would be, however, an opportunity for a 5th nation to serve. It would then follow that maximum participation can be achieved by NOT voting for Elu.

Flem's nomination seconded.

Great Bights Mum:
Eluvatar:
Haor Chall:

I'm confused. If Elu is not elected to the council, then who's in charge? Still Elu, right? There would be, however, an opportunity for a 5th nation to serve. It would then follow that maximum participation can be achieved by NOT voting for Elu.

I would not however have a vote in votes of this council xD

Great Bights Mum:
Eluvatar:
Haor Chall:

I nominate Great Bights Mum for council.

Since my office is considered part of the Court as far as masking and separation of powers is concerned, I doubt I could even be considered for candidacy.*

But I second GBM for council of five.

*However, if the Council wants the AG to participate in some form once it is set up, that could be arranged. It wouldn't be proper for a Court Justice on impartiality grounds, IMHO.

Thank you for the nomination and second. Since my continued forum activity is questionable, and my irc presence non-existent, it just wouldn't be fair to the region at this time. I must decline the nomination.

I'm not exactly sure why, since the nomination of a Security Council member, which wields far more power than a lowly Associate Justice, was never objected to.

How about adding a sixth cabinet member as an 'auxiliary' to the Council of Five to represent the Security Council? This would be entirely in keeping with one of the functions for which the SC was established, or have one seat on the council reserved for the SC. Just a thought.

Blue Wolf II:
I'm not exactly sure why, since the nomination of a Security Council member, which wields far more power than a lowly Associate Justice, was never objected to.
No, no they don't wield more power.

First, it is not a given that in-game influence translates into regional clout.

Lastly, the activities of the SC are focused on using our in-game influence to protect the region from rogues and usurpers.

As we have but five candidates, I will be forgoing the election this time around. This first Council's term ends July 8th. Nominations for the next one open June 24th, with voting expected to open July 1st.

Thank you.

Eluvatar:
As we have but five candidates, I will be forgoing the election this time around. This first Council's term ends July 8th. Nominations for the next one open June 24th, with voting expected to open July 1st.

Thank you.
And I don't know what I was thinking. There are 6 candidates.

I'll be starting the vote shortly.

Seven. Elu, it occurs to me that I am not as of yet a Justice and you're denying me the chance to run based upon the possibility that the vote goes smoothly and I actually do become a Justice. Its rather presumptuous, don't you think?

Eluvatar:
Eluvatar:

Thank you.
And I don't know what I was thinking. There are 6 candidates.

I'll be starting the vote shortly.
I was appointed to the cabinet took the oath of office and know the elections are back on? :duh:

Blue Wolf II:
Seven. Elu, it occurs to me that I am not as of yet a Justice and you're denying me the chance to run based upon the possibility that the vote goes smoothly and I actually do become a Justice. Its rather presumptuous, don't you think?
its an uncontested election...........

on second though let's have council of 7 :) and make everyone Happy :pinch:
wait a minute we already have RA ...
let's Add Sc to council of 7 and add chief justice and AG and forum administrators and nazi spammers &....
call it the Supreme council :hug:
:cheese:

Lets put together the people who most actively oppose change in The North Pacific, give them power and position, and dub the resulting mess the Security Council.

Blue Wolf II:
Lets put together the people who most actively oppose change in The North Pacific, give them power and position, and dub the resulting mess the Security Council.
Because Great Bights Mum, Felasia, and I are such fervent opponents of change.....

Council of Five elections will begin within 4 hours and will last 4 days.

Back