Interviews w/ May 2012 Candidates [TNP REGISTER no. 1]

I'm excited to announce my new TNP endeavor, The North Pacific Register! I'll plan on publishing periodic articles of interest for the region.

### TNP REGISTER :: VOL. 1 :: ISSUE NO. 1 ###

And to launch, we have an exclusive interview with all three of the candidates for delegate. As we move into the last few days of voting, I hope this will help you decide who to vote for.

Candidates were given five questions and asked to respond in short, Twitter-style responses:

If you could only change one thing about TNP, what would it be and why?

ROMANOFFIA: The one thing that I would change about The North Pacific is the culture of distrust those who have been in positions of power for a long time have for anyone who isn't an "insider", for lack of a better term.

ELUVATOR: Its activity level :P

HAOR CHALL: Hmm, one thing? People's feeling of community spirit - a sense of humour basically! That would make working towards reform much easier!

Of what achievement are you most proud of in NS and/or TNP?

ROMANOFFIA: The one achievement I am most proud of is having convinced Gates to remove Gatesville support and forces from The North Pacific (when Gatesville invaded to support a rogue Delegate).

ELUVATOR: Helping to free TNP from the grasp of Lewis and Clark, working with Great Bights Mum and flemingovia as Eluvatar and Zemnaya Svoboda.

HAOR CHALL: Difficult one. Actually, I have to say writing the newspapers I did. I had a lot of fun doing it and I think they were well received too.

What sets TNP apart from other regions?

ROMANOFFIA: The one thing that sets TNP apart from other regions is that it has the potential to become the trend setter for other regions. We have the best people and the most 'talent' of any region.

ELUVATOR: The North Pacific is the free feeder. We permit citizens to have many endorsements without special dispensation, we support freedom on the regional boards, and we are liberal on this forum.

HAOR CHALL: The community. We don't always agree but everyone does have the best interests of the region at heart and sometimes its easy to forget that.

Why should someone vote for you and not the other candidates?

ROMANOFFIA: I feel that I make the best candidate for Delegate for a number of reasons. I have spent my entire time in TNP since the beginning. I have never been a member of another region's government which means that my loyalties have always been in TNP. My government, military and intelligence service to this region is not only diverse, but exemplary and unique and without any concern for personal gain.

ELUVATOR: Because they trust me or in my platform more.

HAOR CHALL: You should vote for me because I have a new approach and new ideas and want to work with everyone to bring about the change we need.

Where do you see TNP a year from now?

ELUVATOR: With a new constitution, and a continuously functional government with operating military and diplomatic branches.

HAOR CHALL: Vibrant, strong, active. A vibrant community, a strong military and an active and engaged government.

Thank you to all the candidates for your answers, and best of luck in the election!

Back