Temporary Judicial Officers

The Court's rules permit the available justices of the Court to appoint temporary judicial officers to hear a case or cases when there is a vacancy or an unavailable justice; the rule requires that any former justice on the Court may be appointed in this capacity:

A quick glance reveals the folowing names as among those who have served on the Court in the past:

FALCONKATS
Dyr Nasad
Dalimbar
Greater Peterstan
Cakatoa
Fishalamode
Grosseschnauzer
Eluvatar
Chowda Head
Tropical Pixieland

It would take time to go back to the beginning of the Court and find the names of all of the past justices, but it is possible to check the older or current oath of office threads to confirm who has served as a justice and therefore can be appointed as a temporary hearing officer.

I am in the process of determining howard Justices need to be appointed. As soon as I fire that out I will make an appointment(s).

If you go back far enough I have judicial experience in TNP, as well as more recent experience as a counsel for the defence.

Plus, my impartiality is legendary.

flemingovia:
If you go back far enough I have judicial experience in TNP, as well as more recent experience as a counsel for the defence.

Plus, my impartiality is legendary.
Given how a complaint has been filed against you, I question your impartiality.

Add me to that list Gross as I served as a court justice in the past. Some people often forget that fact. ;)

I only went back about three years in the Election archives; I know there are others and I could have used the archived oaths of office thread as well but I was in a hurry to put some eligible names up there.

BW, the rule only permits a former Justice who is not currently holding any of the offices listed in the rule to serve as a temporary justice.

So then you too would agree that it's funny how FALCONKATS' name ended up on the list seeing now he's a current, and not a former, Justice.

I didn't think I would have to spell that joke out.

I did not attempt to screen names out of the research, I only addressed who had served on the Court in the recent past, Maybe you be make yourself useful and identify all the others. :)

Seeing as we have no further use for the list and its not my job to compile such a list, I will use my talents for other things like, I don't know, being delegate and defending the region perhaps?

Hoar Chall. as I've said, the list wasn't complete, but was what I could pull together quickly from the more recent archived election threads.

Roman, we have every oath of office either in the archives or in the current thread which go back to everything but the first election or so before we moved from Old Blue to here; and that one election should still be accessible at Old Blue; it's mostly a matter of time to go through those to collect the names.

There was a wiki list going for a while but it wasn't kept up to date so that's not the most reliable guide.

Oh, I'm just making a little noise for the fun of it just to keep people on their toes. ;)

It's not really a big deal. I was just being difficult by tweaking the issue.

So I have asked several people about serving as a Temporary Judicial Officer and have been declined or have received no response. If you are interested in serving please post here or send me a PM.

Of course they have declined. Anyone who becomes a temporary justice ... disappears in mysterious circumstances

:crimsonorderpost: :npa3: :boom
Who would take that sort of risk? think of the children!

Against my better judgement, I volunteer myself.

Provided there will be an open buffet.

And that I don't need to have a vast knowledge of TNP law.

(This is a serious offer if you actually just need someone to fill a spot)

The Temporary Justices are dismissed. Thank you for your service. I hope you both will consider taking on this duty in the future if the need shall arise.

Back