Request for reviewing Flem's warning actions.

Govindia:
It's not a spam, I'm waiting for a response from the other admins, people who are actually taking this seriously instead of treating this like a joke, which is what you always do.
In case you hadn't noticed, no one is actually taking it seriously. The absurdity of the entire situation makes it seem like it is a joke. Frankly, I find it all trivial. C'mon, live a little. :)

Anyway, I'm bumping because I'm patriotic.

I sent Elu a PM some days ago, and he hasn't responded on this. Nor on a couple of other things, although he has logged in and posted.

I have a private response from Ator People, so he's not to blame for the delay. If I don't hear anything, then the one warning will be withdrawn and we'll wipe the slate clean with cautions for all.

Don't think I haven't noticed the posting behavior of several people in this matter, and the blame, if there is any, is not one-sided. Some of you have been baiting others, and some of you need to grow a thicker hide and learn how to ignore things. I am routinely closing reports as long as there are reports from any of those who got themselves wrapped up in it because they all should know better. Neither side is guilt free in this.

So y'all should chew on that for a bit.

Really it is just going to be overturned? I am baffled by the fact that not only has Gov been warned before for language they get overturned every time. This is leading me to believe that the admin staff on this forum isn't doing a good job. I am starting to believe that the entire staff needs changed. This truly is ridiculous.

Scandigrad:
Anyway, I'm bumping because I'm patriotic.
That kind of bumping led to some kind of a boom last time, or so I hear...

@Hileville - I think you've missed the point somewhat. Take part in the bumping and it'll all be fine.
Though, you are right in that it's starting to look like it could be a bit of a Twoslit scenario again, but hopefully it won't get that far.

Hileville:
Really it is just going to be overturned? I am baffled by the fact that not only has Gov been warned before for language they get overturned every time. This is leading me to believe that the admin staff on this forum isn't doing a good job. I am starting to believe that the entire staff needs changed. This truly is ridiculous.
And so hope began to be lost in TNP.

"McMasterdonia began to feel concerned. He hoped that people would stay on, and work towards creating a better TNP. Many had left TNP before because of the flaws that it has, many thought hope was lost. McMasterdonia hoped Hillyvilly would not lose faith in the region.

No idea why I was talking in third person, seemed appropriate.

Hileville:
please do not tar the entire Admin "team" with the same brush. Not all of us feel that Govindia ought to be treated with the famous soft touch.

Sorry you are correct Flem. At least one member of the admin staff needs to be replaced/removed. I am quite disappointed over this. I am an admin on 2 forums currently and those staffs would never pull something like this on the other admins publicly on more than one occasion.

administrators in TNP work outside of our legal framework. there is no mechanism for removing an administrator, other than by the decision of the Root Admin, who is Grossescnauzer.

Hileville:
Well maybe we need to look into changing that.
There is no legal mechanism for looking into that.

There are only two ways to change things: the first would be for grosse to voluntarily give up Root Admin Control. This is unlikely to happen, as I do not think grosse perceives that he is a problem.

The second way is the "twoslit solution": we move to a new forum with new admins. I actually suggested this a few weeks ago:

2. Here is the controversial bit. I think the new start needs a brand new forum. This forum would become an archive, just like old blue.

There are a number of reasons for this:

It emphasises the fact that this is a new start, and that we are making a break with the past rather than tinkering with it.

This forum has become increasingly unweildy and cumbersome. Each new system requires changes to forum organisation and masking, and we have enormous archives and still have many redundant areas. This could be sorted out, and steps have been taken, but it would be easier to start again.

Finally, and some folks aint gonna like this, I do not think Gross is the best person to be root admin. He is too wedded to the system as it is, and too inclined to be uncooperative to new ideas. This is only my impression, but I think we need a fresh start. I have similar reservations about Eluvatar, but I think he would be more adaptable to a new beginning.

I am not privy to conversations between Hersfold and Grosse.

When Hers decided to leave the forum, ages ago, he gave me the password to the Root Admin Account. He asked me to promise not to change the password - a promise I honoured all the time I was senior admin.

in fact, so much time has passed since Hers left in March 2007 that I have no problem in sharing his final PM with you all:

Hey

Here's the password to my account:

Please don't change it or the email address. I'll probably end up forgetting it and will need the email to get it recovered.

Sorry everything took so long - I've had a busy time IRL since I last logged in. I've just posted my goodbyes in the topic in the welcome forum.

Everything I said in that topic is sincere, but it's not everything by far. You are truly the one person I trust most on this forum. If that doesn't say everything, I really don't know what will. Thank you, a million times, for everything. Even that's not enough, but it's a good start.

I'll miss you. See you around.

When I left for a while and Grosse became senior admin he tracked Hersfold down and asked for the Root Admin Password. Presumably by this time Hersfold was not concerned with keeping access to the account.

That's pretty much the long and the short of it.

The warning of Govindia is appropriate. That said, it would be preferable if fellow admins were to avoid infleming the situation.

Eluvatar:
The warning of Govindia is appropriate. That said, it would be preferable if fellow admins were to avoid infleming the situation.
So... now two of the four admins think the warning was appropriate... :ADN:

Oh, and "infleming"...? Intentional or a freudian slip...? :P

Haor Chall:
Eluvatar:
So... now two of the four admins think the warning was appropriate... :ADN:

Oh, and "infleming"...? Intentional or a freudian slip...? :P
You challenge my ability to spell?

Eluvatar:
No it wasn't.

I've seen other people swear worse than I have here and they get a free pass. I rarely swear here, if any, which is why people are surprised I guess.

That is why I honestly believe that flem's warning was overreacting.

Your request for a review of your warning has been considered by the moderation team. They are overwhelmingly of the opinion that your warning was appropriate, and should not be overturned. Issue closed.

Back