May 2012 General Elections

In accordance with: TNP Law 26, Section One: General Elections, The General Elections for The the North Pacific Region for the month of May is scheduled as follows:

The nomination period for the May 2012 General Elections are OPEN as of May 1, 2012 at 10:50pm GMT.

The nominations period for General Elections will CLOSE on May 7, 2012 at 10:50pm GMT.

***The rest of the election time line is listed below***

Nominations are open for individuals in the following positions:

TNP Delegate

TNP Vice Delegate

Speaker of the Regional Assembly

Special Nomination Instructions:

If you nominate yourself, you will automatically be placed on the election ballot. If you are nominated by another individual, your nomination must also be seconded by another member of the Regional Assembly. You must also confirm your nomination before being placed on the ballot, preceding the close of the nomination period.

Please be reminded that all candidates for all position, per constitution, must have been on The North Pacific Regional Assembly for a minimum of 30 days before election nominations begin.

This thread will serve as the nomination thread for the May 2012 General Elections and are now opened.

If you have any other questions about elections, please contact the Voting Booth.

The Election Time Line is as follows:

Nominations: May 1, 2012 - May 7, 2012
Campaigning: May 8, 2012 - May 10, 2012
Elections: May 10, 2012 to May 17, 2012
Run Off As Needed: May 20, 2012 to May 27, 2012

All times for elections will be based on GMT.

Current Candidates:

Delegate:
Romanoffia
Haor Chall
Eluvatar

Vice Delegate:
Felasia
mcmasterdonia

Speaker:
Gulliver

point of order: Govindia has only been a member of the Regional assembly since 23rd April, so is ineligible to stand for election

Romanoffia and Haor Chall are recognized.

Govindia is ineligible to run for Speaker as he has not been in the RA for 30 days prior to the nomination period.

Blue Wolf II will have to give more details as the Voting Booth is confused.

I'll second Haor Chall for Delegate because uncontested elections aren't good to have. I'll even second Elu.

In any case, to clarify, I have two points. The first being that I was wrongly kicked from the RA list by then Speaker Limitless for missing two votes despite the fact I had posted a notification of absence which can be found here.

The second being that I was re-accepted into the RA on 5APR2012 but masked later. According to the Court ruling, RA members become such when they are accepted, not when they are masked. Therefore it would be 30 days before the start of elections. Prior to this ruling we were postponing that official date to when the Admin actually masked the member, which is moronic.

Well, while we waited for someone to settle that^.

I will run for Vice Delegate so that there is an actual candidate.

flemingovia:
I don't think Blue Wolf is eligible either.
Where is common sense? The sitting delegate cannot run? The most logical choice to effect a smooth transition and it's not allowed? Silly.

I second Roman, HC and Elu for delegate, and Felasia for vice delegate.

Great Bights Mum:
flemingovia:
I don't think Blue Wolf is eligible either.
Where is common sense? The sitting delegate cannot run? The most logical choice to effect a smooth transition and it's not allowed? Silly.

I second Roman, HC and Elu for delegate, and Felasia for vice delegate.
I think your basic problem is in expecting common sense from the law.

Blue Wolf II:
In any case, to clarify, I have two points. The first being that I was wrongly kicked from the RA list by then Speaker Limitless for missing two votes despite the fact I had posted a notification of absence which can be found here.

The second being that I was re-accepted into the RA on 5APR2012 but masked later. According to the Court ruling, RA members become such when they are accepted, not when they are masked. Therefore it would be 30 days before the start of elections. Prior to this ruling we were postponing that official date to when the Admin actually masked the member, which is moronic.
That isn't what the court ruling says. Also it is 30 days prior to the start of nominations not the actual voting period.

I second the nominations of Jamie and Gulliver for speaker, presuming of course, they have each been present and accounted for as RA members in good standing for each and every day of the entire 30 day period prior to the commencement of the current nominating period, and that they furthermore have recorded valid votes on at least every other issue which has come before the RA, no matter how trifling.

Gulliver is recognized as a candidate for Speaker.
Felasia is recognized as a candidate for Vice Delegate.

Blue Wolf is ineligible to run for Vice Delegate as he was not a member of the RA 30 days prior to the start of nominations. Being wrongly removed is not for the EC to determine.

Abolish the current constitution. End the election. It's ridiculous. The current Delegate should be automatically be a candidate of the election unless he/she decides not to. Also, something should clarify what happens to the Delegate, Vice Delegate, Speakers and others if they are kicked out from the RA, such as they would be automatically dismissed from their positions held and a replacement should be made in the soonest possible time. All in all, what I really want to say is just that we would be better off having a dictatorship type of government in TNP~ YEAH!

mcmasterdonia is recognized as a candidate for Vice Delegate.

Just a reminder all persons wanting to run have until May 7, 2012 at 10:50pm GMT to declare intent to run.

Let me repost:

I nominate Eluvatar for delegate.
I nominate McMasterdonia for Vice Delgate.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Back