North Pacific Army Set Up

Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
I've put in several requests both publicly and privately on this matter and I'm getting very sick of typing the same things over and over again so let's hope this is the last time I have to request this. Here goes.

The North Pacific Army/Ministry of Defense needs their own area on the forums. Their historic forums have been archived for years and there is no place for the current Minister of Defense to post topics. As of right now he's been putting them in my Office per my instruction but its getting pretty crowded in there. I would like the MoD/NPA to have its own forum area, front page, that isn't buried under a flood of sub-forums or lost in the mess that is Magicality City. Additionally there needs to be a secure area that only those with NPA masking can see.

On the subject of masking, I'm not even sure the NPA mask even exists anymore and thus needs to be created. Also I request that any NPA members show up as their own grouping on the forums, like the Regional Assembly or TNP Citizen masking does. On that note, my Cabinet appointment for MiniDef, Mcmasterdonia, has not been masked despite the other Cabinet members being masked and him making several public threads clearly stating his appointed position as MiniDef, one of which Root Admin Grosse even posted in.

I have literally been requesting for the NPA forum and masking tasking to be done since the week I took office and I am being stonewalled in every direction. Every time I ask Elu to do it he states he is unsure if Grosse will approve of it and states he will have to check with him and get back to me. Every time I ask Grosse to do it he states he's not sure how Elu would like the set up and will have to check with him and get back to me. When I asked Flem to do it he told me he was on a short leash and any changes he made to the forum, even the creation of an area for the NPA, would likely get him stripped of his Admin status.

I've been given the run around on this, hard. I'm fairly pissed about it and view it as nothing less than attempt by the root admin to sabotage the North Pacific Army's restart, be it intentional or unintentional. On second thought, it really doesn't even matter what the intent is, the results are still the same. No area for the NPA, no masking for the MiniDef, no masking for anyone joining the NPA.

If this continues I will simply instruct the MiniDef to create another forum for the NPA and they will operate out of there. I do not prefer this, but the Admin is proving to be completely unreliable in meeting even the simplest of requests after months of asking.

When I asked Flem to do it he told me he was on a short leash and any changes he made to the forum, even the creation of an area for the NPA, would likely get him stripped of his Admin status.

If this is true, it is a complete abuse of power by the root admin. This request has been made many times, Flem should not be punished for attempting to establish the forum, that the ELECTED DELEGATE has requested.

Grosse has said, and I quote:

. If flem does anything further that's improper abuse of his admin powers, I will use Hersfold's account to address it, and in the event of such further impropriety he is to be removed from the Admin mask

Since, case by case, I do not know what grosse would consider "improper" I am naturally treading cautiously.

Its funny because last time, you were also, simply obeying the Delegates request. Despite my opposition to that decision at the time, I can see what it was legitimate for you to create such a forum then.

indeed. Lesson enough, if lesson were needed, that in TNP forum permission from the government is not enough. It is not a mistake I will repeat.

attempt by the root admin to sabotage the North Pacific Army's restart, be it intentional or unintentional.
As the chair of security council i would like to request the honorable delegate to explain the need for creation of TNP Army when the responsibility of TNP security lies with Security Counsil .

Under the recently passed Mandatory Ministries act, which YOU voted in favour of, by the way, the delegate is required to establish the following:

3. There will be an Executive Officer charged with military affairs. They will carry out such legal missions as are authorized by the Delegate, expressly or categorically.

As you voted for it, I can only assume you approve his actions in appointing a Minister of Defence? You cannot really complain about the Delegate doing something that we have required him to do by law.

Pray tell, if there is no army, what is an Executive officer charged with military affairs to do?

also, if the Delegate has given him the mission to build up the NPA, what's the problem? It is legal ... and a more traditional part of TNP than even the Security Council.

I am concerned about overlapping of responsibilities .we don't need more court cases and stupid Trials.
TNP army may be ancient in your view but the fact is it has not existed in last few years and Security council has been there and has done a very good Job in securing TNP .
P.S. I Had addressed the question to delegate Has He appointed you his spokesman :)

To me it sounds like the Security Council's role is to receive high endorsements, and the Army's role is to give them. That role is fairly separate to me. Especially since the SC is by nature and law not permitted to leave the region, there should be a second body to support allies or unsupport enemies.

I directed you to this answer on other thread, but i will post it here as well for others:

Pasagrad, this is strictly an application only thread. But I will respond to your question. The way I see it, the Security Council is relatively limited in what it can do, it can protect the region once the threat has struck, but it can do little to respond to external threats before they strike, or to assist allies. The Military could be used in an internal threat significantly to help spread endorsements to the right people, in order to remove a rogue delgate. I believe it would be a very useful body for security purposes.

Nobody wishes to rob any of the elite members of our society from their position on the security council. They will still be relevant obviously, as their influence levels is irreplaceable. I believe it is possible to have two distinct bodies, that can equally protect our regions security interests. The military will encourage involvement from a wider range of people in the security of our region. If you have any further questions, please direct them to the thread entitled "A new direction for defence".

Flem, the issue where you were concerned was setting up your temple as a subforum and IIRC, Elu also objected and agreed with my belief that it was too much. It didn't help that you didn't consult with anyone on it. Every time I've resorted these forums, I've asked for and gotten input; Elu got input, that Temple thing, no one got to give prior input.

On the forum request, the problem, folks, as I've explained is trying to stay with Elu's reorganization of the entire forums. He's been out of pocket for over a week, and since this particular reset is solely his baby, I really do not know what he wants it. And there are some technical aspects to setting this up that BW doesn't address. He can have all the temper tantrums he wants, but as far as I'm concerned he's playing that card way too much. The latest information I have is that Elu should be heard from by tomorrow (Tuesday) and at that point we can sort out the technical issues that are involved.

(As a for instance, I or Elu or Flem would need to have certain information to create the permission mask for the military. We already have an Army mask for the old NPA that can be modified, but it's the same issue; we would still need to know certain technical information in order to modify that mask.)

Now, I have a couple of RL deadlines that have to be completed within 24 hours -- literally. I've had enough issues this weekend because of the severe weather here (high winds, hail, tornadoes in the region, flash flooding, and 4-plus inches of rain) and interruptions of power and net access (the two are related) and there are tree limbs in the streets all over this town. (I'm just glad the temperature wasn't 40 degrees colder.

Grosse, don't act like I haven't been asking for this for months and its suddenly been dumped upon you. You and I both know that is not at all the case.

Well it has been set up, but it is hidden under "delegates government", rather than just under magicality city. I also am still not masked as a cabinet member, and I am not sure how much authority i have over this area, as of yet.

I am of the same opinion. Please move it to the front of the forum, under magicality city. So that when people visit the forums they don't have to go digging to find it.

I understand Grosse is facing a weather crisis, as we speak, so can Flem or someone be granted the permission to do this.

Eek - it looks like Elu and I are working on this at the same time. I dunno, you wait ages for a bus and then two come along together...

The public area will remain in Delegate's government unless there is a consensus behind overriding my imperative of keeping the top level boards few, to keep the forum from intimidating newcomers too much.

A top level board which is members-only, however, has been created.

Eluvatar:
The public area will remain in Delegate's government unless there is a consensus behind overriding my imperative of keeping the top level boards few, to keep the forum from intimidating newcomers too much.

A top level board which is members-only, however, has been created.
The problem is, we've gone from one extreme to the other. We've gone from having a massive front board, to having a tiny front board and a rabbit warren of sub-forums which are going to be confusing and difficult to newcomers, so I'm personally not sure you've solved anything here.

There needs to be a balance between keeping the front page from being too big and unwieldy and making clear access and visability of important parts of the government/community too.

I don't like the implication that the NPA will only be part of my government or only serves the Delegate rather than the whole region. If the Security Council gets its own forum, why not the NPA?

I certainly believe it would make access to the Ministry of Defence easier, and free up the delegates government section. Each being able to display its own most recent post etc etc.

The Security Council is an independent body created by the Constitution; it is not part of the Executive branch.
The NPA isn't specifically a body created by a law and it is not specifically created in the Constitution, both of which were the case under the last Constitution.
The other problem is that once you start picking one part or another part to have first-level forum tier status, then you have complaints if they all didn't have that treatment. And then we'll have complaints that the main index page is too long, as we'll be right back to where we were.
I've asked Elu for a site map for the reorganized forums, and he promised to create one not only so I can use it to clean up the permission masks and moderation for the various masks, it would also be added as a link at the top bar of each forum page so everyone can find their way around.

Grosseschnauzer:
The other problem is that once you start picking one part or another part to have first-level forum tier status, then you have complaints if they all didn't have that treatment.
I really don't know who this "they" actually is. Perhaps you can go into further detail, hm?

Blue Wolf, earlier Haor Chall asked for the External Affairs stuff to be top-level.

And Haor Chall, I think if the Delegate were to suggest a folding-together of the Delegate's Government area, that would work.

Blue Wolf: if you want to rename "Delegate's Government" into something more general, that would perhaps be a good idea.

Re: Grosseschnauzer, map will be made by monday.

Blue Wolf II:
Grosseschnauzer:
The other problem is that once you start picking one part or another part to have first-level forum tier status, then you have complaints if they all didn't have that treatment.
I really don't know who this "they" actually is. Perhaps you can go into further detail, hm?
"they" refers to all the different parts of the forum; standard grammatical construction.

I would like to request that some sub forums be created for the use of the ministry of defence. These forums should be entitled: Minister's Office, The Army and Training Academy.

Please and thank-you.

And who should be able to see or post in them? Especially if there any non-NPA maskings.
(I'll assume you'll be government mod for these areas.)

The number of subboards listed under Delegate's Government was getting ridiculous so I turned off listing of secondary subboards: the main index will now only list boards which are directly subboards of Delegate's Government. The second tier is of course visible from Delegate's Government or the appropriate subboard.

This can be reversed if there are objections.

Back