Unmet Delegate obligations

The preamble of the Election Law states in part:

"Election Cycle” is defined as the period of time that begins on the first day on which nominations, or a declaration, of candidacy are made, includes all voting periods, and concludes with the final declaration of results for an election. The exact dates for the Election Cycle shall not include any legal holidays provided in Law 23, and those dates shall be designated at least 30 days in advance by The Delegate so as to encourage the greatest level of participation by eligible voters during the designated month.

Section One of the Election Law states:

SECTION ONE. General Elections.

1. The election cycle for the 4-month terms of The Delegate, The Vice Delegate, and The Speaker of the Assembly, shall begin on the first day of the months of January, May, and September.
2. The Delegate must select one or more Election Commissioners to oversee the nomination and election processes, at least one week before the month in which the Election Cycle begins. If an appointment of Election Commissioners has not been made by that time, the Chief Justice shall promptly make the appointment within 48 hours.
3. The period for nominations or declarations of candidacy shall last for seven days.
4. Voting shall begin three days after the period for nominations or declarations has closed. Voting shall last for seven days.
5. Non-incumbent candidates for Delegate and Vice Delegate may not obtain an endorsement level during the election cycle greater than the level authorized for members of the Security Council under Law 30.

The Election Calendar for the May general election should have been posted by the Delegate prior to April 1st. It is now April 14th (GMT) and the appointment of one or more election commissioners is due in 9 days.

Don't lecture to others when you aren't doing your own job.

From #tnp, all times are in EDT

[22:18] <Evil_Wolf> Hileville, would you like to be the election commissioner for the general elections?
[22:18] <Evil_Wolf> I need to pick someone who is sure not to run in those elections.
[22:18] <Hileville> I can do that.
[22:19] <Evil_Wolf> Wicked, I can check that off my list of things I need to legally do then.
[22:20] <+Limi> you need to announce the election schedule I believe
[22:20] <Evil_Wolf> Yes, yes I do

Then why are you and your fellower travelers. Limi, giving BW a free pass on the election calendar; that's more than you gave me as Delegate, even though I posted one on time. BW hasn't, and he doesn't have to intercalculate a TNP holiday into the mix.

And that's something he cannot post on IRC. TNP does not have an officially adopted IRC channel. The only recognized media of communications in the Constitution and Legal Code are these forums and the WFE. IRC is not mentioned anywhere, and by the reasoning you are using on some other issue that would make illegal any official actions taken on it.

Grosseschnauzer:
Then why are you and your fellower travelers. Limi, giving BW a free pass on the election calendar; that's more than you gave me as Delegate, even though I posted one on time. BW hasn't, and he doesn't have to intercalculate a TNP holiday into the mix.

And that's something he cannot post on IRC. TNP does not have an officially adopted IRC channel. The only recognized media of communications in the Constitution and Legal Code are these forums and the WFE. IRC is not mentioned anywhere, and by the reasoning you are using on some other issue that would make illegal any official actions taken on it.
This is exactly why I have requested he make a PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT about his cabinet appointments.

As far as I can tell, the delegate does not care anything at all about accountablity, or public transparency by refusing to account for his absence and why he can't simply make a public announcement about his appointments.

IRC is not recognised as an official communications outlet as TNPers on #tnp have repeatedly refused to allow #tnp to be under TNP Law, therefore yes, the only official communications are the WFE and these forum. So yes, I question the legality of any and all appointments unless publicly announced here, as they always should be done.

He asked me about serving as EC yesterday and I accepted. Just so everyone knows when that conversation took place.

Hileville:
He asked me about serving as EC yesterday and I accepted. Just so everyone knows when that conversation took place.
it needs to be publicly announced by him on this forum, along with all his other appointments for it to be legal.

Govindia:
Hileville:
it needs to be publicly announced by him on this forum, along with all his other appointments for it to be legal.
I wasn't saying that it was legal just that I was asked about it yesterday so there wasn't that much time in between when he asked me and when this thread was posted.

Govindia:
Hileville:
Based on which laws? I am having trouble finding it though admittedly the laws can be hard to search through. I'm sure it's there though, because the Speaker of the RA randomly declaring what he wants to be what is legal and what he does not want to be illegal would be laughably embarrassing toward a region that prides its fair and democratic values.

Nope, the Delegate's been ignoring that part of the law.

I mean, it's not exactly rocket science of course. It's pretty clear that the EC will follow the mandated calendar of nominations May 1st through 7th, voting May 11th through 17th. Our next holiday is May 26th so there is no conflict there.

Topid:
Govindia:
Hileville:
Based on which laws? I am having trouble finding it though admittedly the laws can be hard to search through. I'm sure it's there though, because the Speaker of the RA randomly declaring what he wants to be what is legal and what he does not want to be illegal would be laughably embarrassing toward a region that prides its fair and democratic values.
based on the concept of public transparency?

Govindia:
Topid:
Govindia:
Hileville:
based on the concept of public transparency?
Concepts and practices do not make an action legal or illegal. Laws make things legal or illegal.

Back