Regional Assembly Sub-Forums

Topid

TNPer
I can seeee them. :P "Meeting Chambers" is supposed to be hidden from me right?

They aren't shown as sub-forums when I look at the Regional Assembly, but they are listed on the index and I can follow that link to read all of the topics. Also, if someone posts in one of those topics it shows up in "latest post" and I can see the topic and then forum that way.

Topid, I believe the current view is that citizens can read, but not post outside of the Lobby area. There are some permissions that need to be cleaned up from the most recent forum reorganization. It's on the punch list, and as soon as Elu completes what he's doing with reorganizing, then I'll be on the forums permissions problem, and straightening out the mod permissions as well.

Ah, okay. I figured something was wrong if I could read the topics in a subforum which I can't see in the main forum.

Guess I'm not super spy. :( :P

While I am talking about RA subforums though, can the description of lobby be altered some. It looks like there is either an omitted word or "import" should be a different form of the word. It doesn't make sense to me as is. [/nitpick]

After asking Eluvatar about this, he felt we needed a public discussion about not only that subforum (Lobby) and who and for what it should be used for, but what the main RA area and those threads should be used for.

This is what I had asked Eliuvatar:

I think we need to sort out better what should go in the Main area of the RA, and what goes in the Lobby area, and who can post in both.

Even Topid has asked that the description of the Lobby area be clarified. The threads need to be resorted based on how both areas are to be used.

I have to admit I'm not sure either. (It may be that "Lobby" might better be called "Cloakroom" which is what the US House and Senate have off the floor and where a lot of discussion among members and former members take place.)

One of the two area should be for both the registered citizens and TNP citizens masks to start and participate in discussions with R.A. members, but I'm not sure both ought to be. In any case, once that is sorted out, then the admin and global mods can reshuffle the threads accordingly.

It's also possible that some threads are completely in the wrong place.

So we're throwing the topic open for useful discussion.

Obviously, no one can see this thread in Forum Operations, so I'm moving it to the RA area so maybe we can get some feedback on how to handle the issue of what the main RA area should be used for and what the Lobby area could be used for, so the threads can get sorted out.

We also have the question of whether the "Issues" area (for discussion of the daily NS issues belongs here or somewhere else.

I would like to see just the main area for bill discussion and the voting floor area for votes. I think too many sub-forums make it hard to determine where things should go.

I think the lobby is useful too. In honesty though, I don't see the sub forums of the regional assembly being an issue anyway.

The Delegates Government Area could be better organised, into four categories Delegates Office/Mansion (whatever), Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Communications, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The other sub forums could fit under these categories. IMHO this would appear more of an issue than the regional assembly.

Back