Advise for Delegate and VD Candidates

Pasargad

Ancient
TNP Nation
Pasargad
Since the election for Delegate and Vice delegate will be held in a month's time I would like to Advise all candidates for Delegate and Vice Delegate positions to Join WA and move their Nations to TNP and start gathering Endorsements if they have not done so already .so we can avoid repeat events of previous Election cycle .

What is the limit on endorsements for those candidates? (What percentage of the sitting delegate?). Don't want to violate any of the rules.

Under the law they have to abide by the limits for Security Council members:

TNP Law 26:
5. Non-incumbent candidates for Delegate and Vice Delegate may not obtain an endorsement level during the election cycle greater than the level authorized for members of the Security Council under Law 30.

Currently that is 290 endorsements.

The laws are pretty clear, you'd have to gain quite a lot of endorsements to even come close to violating them. The only reason we had a "problem" last election was because Grosse declared me a security threat with less than 100 endorsements for reasons that are still not clear to this day.

I did not declare you a security threat; I merely pointed out that because you hadn't even joined the WA until after voting had started, you were complicating any transition, was is fact, and is in fact what happened. Took you ten weeks of a 17-ish week term.

Don't blame me for your failings, BW; they are your failings. You failed all by yourself.

Right, I also made you endoswap well past elections had ended and I made you delay putting the election results in the WFE until days after they had been published. Forgive me for my lack of control over the Security Council, I must aim to correct that error in the future.

Blue Wolf II:
Right, I also made you endoswap well past elections had ended and I made you delay putting the election results in the WFE until days after they had been published. Forgive me for my lack of control over the Security Council, I must aim to correct that error in the future.
We went over this. The results were up in less than 24 hours. How much less, it is no longer possible to tell.

Results

Posted Jan 20 2012, 04:41 UTC.
That's 00:41 EST.

Major update from January 20, 2012 (around 00:45 EST) recorded a WFE:

TNP WFE:
Our official regional community forums: click here!
Come visit our Facebook community page (The North Pacific).

Later today, the votes will be tallied and the results declared, and at that time, the transition to the next Delegate begins. I appreciate the honor of having served as the elected Delegate of TNP, and look forward to taking the hard-earned status of elder statesman. Thank you all! Grosseschnauzer

WA nations, a resolution is at vote in the WA General Assembly, let me know how to cast the region's vote.

For January, all recruiter posts must be in the proper form of a iambic pentameter one quatrain in length, plus the region's actual name before or after the verse. Have fun!

The following major update, 24 hours later:

TNP WFE:
Our official regional community forums: click here!
Come visit our Facebook community page (The North Pacific).

The transition to the next Delegate has begun. I appreciate the honor of having served as the elected Delegate of TNP, and look forward to taking the hard-earned status of elder statesman. Thank you all! Grosseschnauzer

Endorse Blue Wolf II as the next Delegate and Pasargad as the next Vice Delegate.

That's not how I recall it, maybe dont recall correctly because I was upset over how Grosse kept swapping and then saying I should have had more endorsements. This of course being after the statement he released prior to my winning of the delegacy saying I had endorsed too many people and implying I would be above the legal limit soon and he'd be forced to ban me.

But I've been assured no amount of personal spite was involved either of those actions. I am assured of this.

Eluvatar:
Under the law they have to abide by the limits for Security Council members:

TNP Law 26:
5. Non-incumbent candidates for Delegate and Vice Delegate may not obtain an endorsement level during the election cycle greater than the level authorized for members of the Security Council under Law 30.

Currently that is 290 endorsements.
That's what I thought.

[addendum]

When does the official campaign start for declared candidates for the upcoming regular elections start?

and,

Proper location for any campaign threads?

Back