Speaker Elections

Mahaj

TNPer
This is the thread for nominating candidates for the TNP Speaker Elections

These election is to elect a speaker. A speaker is in charge of the Regional Assembly. The Regional Assembly is the legislative body of The North Pacific. The North Pacific is a feeder region in NationStates. NationStates is an online political simulation game found on the internet.

The following members of the Regional Assembly are eligible to run*:

Grosseschnauzer
FALCONKATS
Felasia
Vilnoia1
Govindia
Unibot
A mean old man
Eluvatar
Dyr Nasad
Mahaj
Pasargad
Grimalkin
Haor Chall
Hileville
Atrigea
Romanoffia
Barbakiueria
flemingovia
Jamie

*This list may not be entirely accurate

A Candidate will be added to the list of nominees if they accept nomination or declare candidacy.

Nominations will open NOW on Wednesday April 4th, 2012 and close Sometime on Wednesday, April 11th, 2012.

Voting will be from Sometime on Saturday, April 14th to Sometime on Saturday April 21st.

This thread shall be the venue for nominations. That means you can nominate someone here. Abstain does not count as a nomination.

Accepted:
Govindia
Jamie

1. The election cycle for the 4-month terms of The Delegate, The Vice Delegate, and The Speaker of the Assembly, shall begin on the first day of the months of January, May, and September.

From the Election Law. So the elections would begin 1 May, not this month.

it makes no sense - the general elections which the speaker is up for, is in the beginning of may....

And the special election will end before May 1, therefore it should happen. That's how the law's written.

:lol:

I mean my issue was that we're so close to the May General Elections we could just simply wait till then, no?

But either way, yes, I accept Grosse.

If you read the provisions that trigger a special election, this should have started a few days ago, but it did happen near the tail end of the period where a special election would be required to be held. The rule recognizing an acting Speaker and Speaker Pro Tempore are internal rules, and the law on calling a special election take precedence.

Back