Security Alert

Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
It is my duty to inform the region that Security Council Members and Forum Admins Grosseschnauzer and Eluvatar are both dangerously close to violating TNP law 30, section 1, paragraph B, which states,

THE NORTH PACIFIC LEGAL CODE:
B. The maximum level is defined as being either (1) that number of endorsements that is 20 fewer than the serving Delegate’s endorsement count, or (2) no more than eighty-five percent of said count.

The facts of the matter are as follows:

-Blue Wolf II currently has 303 endorsements, 85% of that being 256 endorsements, rounding down.

-Grosseschnauzer had 221 endorsements as of yesterday, he currently has 240 endorsements, a 19 endorsement increase in the past 24 hours and is 16 endorsements away from violating TNP Law 30.

-Zemnaya Svoboda, Eluvatar's nation, had 165 as of yesterday, he currently has 248, a remarkable 83 endorsement gain in 24 hours and is 8 endorsements from violating TNP law 30.

-Both members are Security Council members and have an influence far exceeding my own, both started endoswapping around the same time in the last 24 hours, and both a forum admins.

Additionally, Eluvatar is sending out endorsement messages.
The Anomalous Readings of Non-Exploding Cupcake
New. 2 minutes ago

Quick note—got this last night:

Dear Non-Exploding Cupcake,
Hello neighbor!
I've decided to endorse you, I'd be quite obliged if you were to return the favor!
Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
President Minister Kerenskij of the Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.

Is Zemnaya Svoboda (Eluvatar) supposed to be doing this? I notice that (a) he's been racking up the endos quite a bit over the past twenty-four hours- 248 now; (b) he's apparently part of the government, or at least was 9 days ago, at which time (c) he asked me to un-endorse you as you had been recalled. There's no endo cap listed, and this could be legit (possibly something from the forums which I don't follow) but I am a wee bit suspicious.

If it is something that's not supposed to be happening you've probably already received word; if it's not, this is probably pointless. Either way, apologies in advance for wasting your time :P

Both nations appear to be on track to violate the law within the next 24 hours unless their rate of gain miraculously stops. One SC nation alone violating the law would not be alarming, but for two to be posed to do exactly that and in seeming coordination with one other is beyond alarming.

Additionally, Very odd and random, Limitless' puppet, has gone from less than 15 endorsements yesterday to 100 today, making for an over 85 endorsement increase. While he is currently not violation of any laws, his endoswapping alone with the two nations previously mentioned is concerning. Denarian Knight's has also gone from 197 endorsements to 228 in the last 24 hours, again, not illegal but worrisome given the circumstances.

Given the nature of the potential threat, I am placing The North Pacific on high alert and requesting permission from the Regional Assembly to request outside aid if either Grosse or Elu gain any more endorsements in the next 24 hours.

-Wolf, Delegate

You're going off of the 20 endorsement clause rather than the 85% clause. I challenge that and bring it to the Courts for consideration immediately.

So I'm being generous and giving them an endorsement, Earth :P

I would like to alert the acting Speaker of the RA that a motion to second a vote for outside aid has been filed and I request that this matter goes to vote immediately given the time sensitive nature of the matter at hand.

I think that that the law clearly says "OR" meaning they could have 20 less OR no more than 85% therefore, they could choose which one they would like to follow.

I have a long standing practice of endorsing every WA member in the region, something I started to do two years before I was elected Delegate, and a year and a half before I was elected Vice Delegate.

I suspended it for far longer than it should have been required because of your failure to timely obtain endorsements as you should have. I merely caught up with making the endorsements to nations I would have otherwise endorsed during that seven-plus week period while you dilly-dallied and procrastinated.

I started catching up on the backlog several days ago, not within the last 24 hours. I finally had time to go through the list of 630-ish WA nations to see who I needed to endorse (through T-Bone's economy stats site which we've all known about since last year) and finished catching up. I can't speak for any one else's activity, but I acted on my own. And is my usual custom, I don't TG asking for reciprocal endorsements. I'm aiming for the maximum I am permitted under the Security Council Law....which I've done in the past and will continue to do in the future.

And I'll make an educated guess BW that your recent surge came from your friends in the LWU and elsewhere, because your history as Delegate these last two months show you couldn't possibly have gotten up to 300-plus otherwise so rapidly.

And the Security Council Law quite intentionally said "or' as in "either or"; that was fully discussed when the Law was amended in the winter of 2010-11.

Finally, it sounds to me that you are setting up a pretext to go rouge (inviting foreign forces into TNP), one way or another. I'm not surprised, personally, I figure you'd be pulling that stupid stunt before your term ended. And you are all but admitting it publicly.

How is this any different from the time you declared me a security threat Grosseschnauzer? Only difference is I actually have a thought out and publicly presented reasoning for my announcement.

If you are not trying to pull a takeover attempt then reduce the number of nations you are endorsing and do not follow Elu's example by sending telegrams to near every WA nation in the region asking for an endorsement.

Your accusations of LWU involvement are flat out wrong, Grosse. The last major raid LWU pulled was in Anarchy, months ago. At current LWU is holding bacon strips. And you call me paranoid. :eyeroll:

I think the operative word in Grosseschnauzer's post is "and elsewhere". I don't think anybody credits Lone Wolves United with having that many troops :P

But seriously Grosse never even peeped about asking for aid ;)

I would love to see that allegation backed with evidence, at the moment I see none.

However, what I do see are two members of the Security Council, with influence levels high enough to be effectively "ban-proof", who, by some strange coincident, both just so happened to start endoswapping at an unusual rate on the same day and are coming dangerously close to surpassing the Vice-delegate in terms of endorsements.

I believe I would be foolish to turn a blind eye to such a potential threat.

Blue Wolf II:
At least that's a relief, he was at a mere 251 endorsements just yesterday.
Yes agreed, he should be much higher than that.

I think it's a good thing that our Security Council is taking such an active role in securing our region, it's good to know they have your back, BWii.

I do not send TGs requesting endorsements; the only time I have ever done so was when I became Delegate to nations I had endorsed in the past (not ones I newly endorsed) in order to get the endo level up. But after that to the current day, the only TGs I have sent have been to those who for whatever reason withdrew their endorsement.
Based on my historic response rates in the past, i should be in the approximate maximum range I am legally entitled to have. It always takes a lot more endos given to get a responsive endo rate and my estimate is that I will approach my legal maximum; most of the nations I endorsed today were nations that I missed while I waited for you to take half the term to collect the endos you needed in game. And the number I'm legally entitled to have will vary as your level changes (at the moment the upper level is 85 % of 301 (which is about 46 below) or 20 below (i.e., a range of 255 to 281) and I'm at 238, so it would take 43 to even reach the ceiling and based on past performance without any endo or unendo messages, I would barely reach that.

It's be nice if you pay attention to the other matters you have a legal obligation for, in fact.

I see no harm, no foul. Both Elu and Gross are under the upper limit for SC endorsements, and both are so well short of BW that they could not overtake him by accident. THey both have a duty to maintain a high endorsement count, so it is hardly surprising that from time to time they endotart. I have trouble imagining either of them couping the region, so the threat seems to be to be small.

If BW was not maintaining his endorsement count, or if the gap was under 20 rather than 50, then i think we would have cause for concern. A gap of under 20 could easily be closed by accident, just from cross endorsers.

I fail to understand the Hype and Panic .
Greetings Fellow Resident of The North Pacific,

I send you this message on behalf of the North Pacific and her laws.

The nation Zemnaya Svoboda is collecting more endorsements than is legally allowed by our regional laws. If you would please help the nation Zemnaya Svoboda in complying with our laws and withdraw your endorsement from him, that would be very much appreciated. Also, please endorse Blue Wolf II if you have not done so already.

May we continue to be secure and prosper,

-An Elephant-
For The North Pacific
who has given him the authority to send this TG?

@BW; altough am against any endocaps in the region from the very beginnig, we have a law for it and mentioned nations are in the limits. Also I think that it's the resposibility of the delegate to obtain the maximum levels of endorsements in the region. Not the residents themselves.

If there's a law it has to be applicable to everyone, including the security council members. For know their endo counts are in the limits. If you think they pose a threat to delegacy than you move on to endorsing nations and have theirs on your side. Calling third parties for help will not solve the problem it only complicates it.

and i want to add i am totally against going to courts for this the law is clear and we should stop abusing the courts of TNP for entertainment.Also as chair of SC i am advising the respected delegate not to request foreign Aid .

Seriously......

The Dutiful Republic of -An Elephant- (New. 5 hours ago)

Greetings Fellow Resident of The North Pacific,

I send you this message on behalf of the North Pacific and her laws.

The nation Zemnaya Svoboda is collecting more endorsements than is legally allowed by our regional laws. If you would please help the nation Zemnaya Svoboda in complying with our laws and withdraw your endorsement from him, that would be very much appreciated. Also, please endorse Blue Wolf II if you have not done so already.

May we continue to be secure and prosper,

-An Elephant-
For The North Pacific

This person is not a Spokesman of TNP..... I would appreciate as a former TNP Communications Director that he stop speaking for the Region! Especially when he gives out false information to the region and could potentially harm the region by taking out one of our Security Council Members.

I see a request for aid, but I do not see a motion made, nor a second.

All I see is someone requesting aid, and someone saying we should vote on it.

PLease be a bit more clear and specific - thank you .

I find it odd that multiple members of the region agree on the interpretation of the law and while the Delegate disagrees on the interpretation (which is entirely how the law is read and was meant to be read in discussion) he accuses people of breaking the law. His [mis]interpretation is now pulling the region into a fervor of panic which is completely unnecessary. If the Delegate truly feels that it's necessary to go to the Court's because of the fact that he cannot read properly or does not understand the word 'or', then that should be done--he should not be using this misinterpretation to blatantly abuse high-standing members of The North Pacific.

I think our delegate needs to seriously consider this policy, this sort of peremptoriness traditionally precedes despotism; regardless of BWII meant to demonstrate this connection or not, it is unacceptable to rely on boogeyman tactics to widen the margin between him and the rest of the region when these boogeymen are the region's constitutional guardians: his own Security Council builds endorsements as they *should be* for our region's protection and the delegate uses that as a justification for a massive unendorsement campaign on his own Security Council.

That's unacceptable and I really don't like where this is going. >_>

EDIT: Additionally, -An Elephant- and "Drop your panties" need to be stopped. :/

I do not appreciate receiving telegrams from an elephant and "drop your panties" telling me who I should endorse and who i should not. I completely think the request for foreign aid is totally out of order and unnecessary.

We should prevent TNP from plunging further into crisis.

Pasargad:
who has given him the authority to send this TG?
No one, -An Elephant- has been acting like this from the day he arrived, its possible he's a trouble maker seeking to exploit the situation in TNP for his own gains. Possibly this Heero fellow The West Pacific warned me about, he keeps sending telegrams to me like this one:

Heero
New. 14 hours ago
When I get to the capital buildint later today I will help out with regional defense. Limitless Events is a war criminal that the West Pacific has sheltered since he replaced the third Senator of the Pacific..also known as Mammoisthan. Also known as Lots of Ants. Also known as French peoples..basically he is a French homosexual submariner..Eluvatar isn't doing his job..you need to be vigilante in the meantime.
I could do more but unlike the West Pacific I never multituded nations or used scripts to get endorsements. Ttyl

If its alright with everyone involved, I would like to ban -An Elephant- for spamming the region with possible malicious intent. Any objections?

The Attorney General has a conflict of interest and cannot prosecute -An Elephant-. Perhaps some other nation can step up to the plate and pursue a case under TNP Law 22's prohibition against Sedition?

A - "Sedition" is defined as an intentional attempt on the official forums or within the NationStates region "The North Pacific" to incite the Nations of The North Pacific to revolt in a manner not sanctioned by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

There are no other grounds I can see to consider this nation a criminal.

Just ban him. Anyone who objects does not have the security of TNP at heart.

Banning him invalidates his claims that much more. Maybe you should send out a TG that further invalidates his claims.

Heero has been sending me stupid telegrams as well. For one accusing me of being too bold and aiming to take the delegacy. They are just troublemakers and should be dealt with as such.

I declare -An Elephant-
to be a blasphemer, ever to bear the mark of Cain and wander in the eternal darkness of his own soul's blight.

Back