Special Election For Delegate

Abstain

TNPer
With the recall of Blue Wolf from office we must now hold a special election for the office of Delegate.

The period for nominations or declarations of candidacy will be open from 8:30 GMT (4:30 AM EDT) on March 23th, 2012 until 8:30 GMT (4:30 AM EDT) on March 28th, 2012.

Voting will run begin on March 29th, 2012 and run until April 3rd, 2012.

Remember that to be eligible for office you need to have been in the Regional Assembly for the 30 days preceding the start of the nomination period.

Candidates:
Eluvatar
Romanoffia

Nominated but not accepted:

Declined:
Govindia

In light of Blue Wolf protesting the results of his recall I am suspending these special elections until a ruling by the court on whether or not Blue Wolf is actually recalled from office.

Limi:
In light of Blue Wolf protesting the results of his recall I am suspending these special elections until a ruling by the court on whether or not Blue Wolf is actually recalled from office.

So it's up to the courts ? this will be fun

I am reopening these special elections as we're near the end of the 2 day period they must be started in following a recall. The new times for the nomination period have been edited into the opening post.

I ask that since this is essentially starting over that any previous nominations, acceptance of nominations, or declarations of candidacy be redone.

Should the courts rule that Blue Wolf is not recalled from office at any point during this election it will be immediately closed and abandoned.

Govindia:
I nominate Romanoffia
Now that's a potentially entertaining proposition. :lol:

@ BW - I'll up the ante on Cthulhu and nominate My Little Pony's alter-ego My Little Cthulhu:

ponyv.jpg

:lol:

The opening post has been edited to show that Eluvatar has been nominated and accepted his nomination, that Govindia was nominated but declined, and that Romanoffia has been nominated but neither accepted nor declined at this point.

Limi:
The opening post has been edited to show that Eluvatar has been nominated and accepted his nomination, that Govindia was nominated but declined, and that Romanoffia has been nominated but neither accepted nor declined at this point.
The settings for this forum have been changed to display the first post at the top of every page.

A few posts were split at my request as they did not nominate any actual candidate or were made by those who are not members of the RA.

What is going to happen with this? Are the elections going to go ahead even if the court has not reached a decision. If so, we risk the court coming up with a decision half way through the election, or very near its conclusion. If there is a result here, and the court holds a different view, it will only continue constitutional instability. Not to mention there would be another delegate unable to take office.

These elections are occurring because as things stand Blue Wolf was recalled from office. Since he was recalled that means his office is vacant and a special election was required to be started within 48 hours. I delayed them as much as I could to give the courts a head start to prevent us from getting too far into this.

Should prior to the end of voting and declaration of results the courts reach a ruling and overturn the recall this election will be abandoned and closed immediately, regardless of what stage they're in, as the office would no longer be vacant.

Should the courts overturn the recall after the results are announced and the winner takes office I would assume that Blue Wolf would regain the office and the new officeholder removed as if this never happened. The recall being overturned means that Wolf was not removed from office and therefore it was not vacant. Since it was not vacant the results from this election cannot be valid as it would have then taken place outside the Legal Code and Constitution.

Back