Limi for Speaker

Abstain

TNPer
As has been discussed in Roman's topic found here TNP seems to be a rudderless ship right now. Every now and then people start paddling to try and make the ship go anywhere but they get tired out and the ship just drifts around in circles. There is no real direction right now and it is all being blamed on "the delegate isn't around". While that is part of the problem and Blue Wolf isn't blameless part of the blame falls to everyone else for not trying to take action. That is exactly what I plan to do as Speaker, take action to push us in whatever direction the region wants to go.

People keep getting elected to positions without actually saying what they hope to do because we hope they'll do something. Obviously that hasn't worked since we're having yet another special election to fill a vacancy. So I'll tell you now what I hope to do; I hope to put forward a ton of various changes to keep the RA discussing and shaping where they want the region to move to. These will range from ideas from way out in left field to simple things, and everything in between. Make the RA into a highly active group new nations want to be a part of and we'll build a new group who want to run for office and be active.

If elected I also plan to appoint and use a deputy to keep things running as quickly and smoothly as possible. Along with this I'll make sure that all RA members and the region are kept up to date on what is happening in the RA via a thread I'll update as much as possible.

Limi:
So I'll tell you now what I hope to do; I hope to put forward a ton of various changes to keep the RA discussing and shaping where they want the region to move to. These will range from ideas from way out in left field to simple things, and everything in between. Make the RA into a highly active group new nations want to be a part of and we'll build a new group who want to run for office and be active.
Sounds good. I like those ideas.

That is one of the side effects I hope to have with an increase of activity in the RA. It is the backbone of government activity and the first stepping stone to getting more involved in the regional government.

I'd also like to see a concentrated effort to have some sort of unofficial welcoming message sent out to new nations. Right when nations are created they receive a ton of telegrams from various UCRs but none from the region they are created in. If someone were to write something up (I'm terrible at such things) I'd be more than happy to start sending it out and organizing others to do the same.

We need to show new nations we want their input and make an effort to engage them. When they figure out there is stuff to do and it is easy to get involved there should be no problem with getting new people.

Haor Chall:
Limi:
So I'll tell you now what I hope to do; I hope to put forward a ton of various changes to keep the RA discussing and shaping where they want the region to move to. These will range from ideas from way out in left field to simple things, and everything in between. Make the RA into a highly active group new nations want to be a part of and we'll build a new group who want to run for office and be active.
Sounds good. I like those ideas.
Care to elaborate Limi?

Simply put I plan to work and go over every part of the existing laws to find ways they can be altered to best suit the current state of TNP. From simple ideas like letting members be admitted to the RA during a vote but not letting them participate in it, to more radical ideas such as restructuring the security council to make the requirements more fitting with how influence works.

The rest of it explains itself, by having an active RA you invite more people to participate. From there you get more people wanting to run and be active for higher office and don't run into people getting bored halfway through their term.

Limi:
Simply put I plan to work and go over every part of the existing laws to find ways they can be altered to best suit the current state of TNP. From simple ideas like letting members be admitted to the RA during a vote but not letting them participate in it, to more radical ideas such as restructuring the security council to make the requirements more fitting with how influence works.

The rest of it explains itself, by having an active RA you invite more people to participate. From there you get more people wanting to run and be active for higher office and don't run into people getting bored halfway through their term.
Well part of being a Speaker is making sure bills are dealt with accordingly, can you do that?

I have experience of being a Speaker and I'm familar with what the job entails sir.

As am I. I served as Speaker for TWP and as Chancellor (which essentially had the same duties) in TP under Moo. I also frequently discuss various things with Elu and utilize the resources he has but together to keep track of various things.

Limi:
As am I. I served as Speaker for TWP and as Chancellor (which essentially had the same duties) in TP under Moo. I also frequently discuss various things with Elu and utilize the resources he has but together to keep track of various things.
Well then I wish you luck and look forward to working with you either way then, sir :)

Back