ATTN: Govind

Seriously, off-topic for this forum.

Nay a suggestion anywhere in that post.

Think you'll be happier in the Cafe or in the Arena.

Grosseschnauzer:
Seriously, off-topic for this forum.

Nay a suggestion anywhere in that post.

Think you'll be happier in the Cafe or in the Arena.
He's a known troll and has harassed others on other social media, not just here Grosse.

Someone please edit this thread. I did not give Kurdazistan aka AC195 permission to post my RL first name here.

Govindia:
Someone please edit this thread. I did not give Kurdazistan aka AC195 permission to post my RL first name here.
Haven't you previously linked to your facebook account? (Also, your name is essentially the same as your nation name.)

Govindia, your profile links to your blog site, "a soldiers tale" , which is headed "govind R"

I do not think you have much cause for complaint.

I have no idea what Govindia is talking about. I have never met him, I think he provides about 20 ways to contact him via facebook page. Lovely old chap.

Based on relevance of the content in this post, this topic has been moved to The Cafe under Real Life Discussions.

AC195:
I have no idea what Govindia is talking about. I have never met him, I think he provides about 20 ways to contact him via facebook page. Lovely old chap.
Kurdazistan, you're a poor liar.

OK, I think that's probably enough trolling all round. I am in an indulgent mood but knock it off now or I will come over there and, in the words of Watt in "a Knight's Tale" I will fong you until your outsides are in, your insides are out, your entrails will become your extrails. Pain! lots of pain!

AC195:
^ Where is Chaucer when you need him?
Where is Chaucer? Haven't seen him in years. Dead, you know.

Whan that Aprill with his shoures soote
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote,
And bathed every veyne in swich licour
Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
Whan Zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
Hath in the Ram his halve cours yronne,
And smale fowles maken melodye,
That slepen al the nyght with open ye
(So priketh hem nature in hir corages),
Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages.

(General Prologue, 1–12)

You should really hear Chaucer recited in the original language with the proper 'vowel shift' of that time period. Very interesting to behold.

You should try reading Beowulf in Old English, or worse yet, the Intermediate Saxon:

Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,
þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum, (and so forth).

I've finally figured it out! This is actually a surreptitious attempt at a 'strange thread' contest! It's all becoming clear to me now! :lol:

This is... I don't even know what this is but it isn't going anywhere.

320px-Vorh%C3%A4ngeschloss_und_Rost.jpg

Back