Greetings and Salutations!

Greetings and Salutations fellow world leaders:

I write you today to introduce myself. I am HRH King Matthew the Conqueror of the Kingdom of Aquanesha (you may refer to me as Matt if you wish, I take no offense to other World leaders referring to me without my title!).

Let me give you a brief history. The Kingdom of Aquanesha has been in existence since 1973 when a successful military coup ousted the communistic premier of the struggling nation. The Clarke House was then established and King Daniel the Wicked established his reign as the monarch of the land. In 1975 King Daniel was wed to Princess Carol of Baden and she effectively became the Queen Consort. In 1980 the King and Queen were proud to announce birth of their future heir Crown Prince Matthew Benjamin Joseph Thomas. They had duly provided an heir apparent. All was seemingly well in the nation. It flourished under the reign of King Daniel (albeit civil liberties were non-existent).

In 1999 a massive power struggle ensued between the King and the Crown Prince. The struggle changed to a cease-fire on February 14, 2001 when the Crown Prince was forced into exile. On April 1 of 2001 the struggle ended when the Crown Prince effectively overthrew the tyrannical King and established himself as the rightful monarch. On the Prince's 21st Birthday on August 17, 2001 a formal coronation was held.

Shortly after succeeding to the throne, King Matthew divulged most of his authorities in favor of a representative system. King Matthew effectively ceased the end of the Empire and formed a Constitutional Monarchy where the House of Commons is elected every 4 years. In cases of a tie in the House, King Matthew holds the over-riding vote. King Matthew employs a staff of roughly 25 and he himself is the head of the Executive Branch. There is no Prime Minister. The duties of Prime Minister are headed by the King. The head of the House of Commons is the Speaker of the House who is elected by the House of Commons by the party holding the majority. The King retains the right to disband the House either in its entirety or simply by firing the Speaker of the House. However, by a vote in the House of Commons, a super majority vote of 60% is needed to override the King's decision. In the history of the House of Commons, the King has yet to disband a government in its entirety. He has only fired one Speaker of the House and the necessary votes to override the King were not found.

This is just a small piece of history of the Kingdom of Aquanesha. Even though we are a fledgling nation in comparison to the long histories of other nations, we hold civil liberties in high regard. We look forward to a long relationship with the region of The North Pacific. Thank you for your support!

HRH King Matthew

Welcome!

I don't RP with this account on this forum, but rest assured you will hear from Zemnaya Svoboda soon :D

Welcome to The North Pacific!

His most glorious magnificence, the leader of Namyeknom finds the Kingdom of Aquanesha's regard of civil liberties perplexing, but enjoys the dark history of your nation.

Presumably today is some kind of remembrance day for the beginning of your exile of 11 years ago?

The Crown wishes to explain why civil liberties are in high regard. Because of the tumultous past of this country where civil liberties were non-existent up until 2001, the Crown wished to bestow upon the people civil liberties - namely freedom of speech.

The Crown realized that if civil liberties were not bestowed upon the people, the people would revolt. So instead of beginning a possible civil war, the Crown decided it was in the Crown's best interests as well as the interests of the people to bestow upon the people civil liberties. This test worked and is a success.

Today is a celebration throughout the country as Independence Day throughout the realm. True independence was not realized until 2 months later, but this is the anniversary of the beginning of independence from a tyrannical ruler.

Back